2009 Focus to get exterior changes

Blueblood

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing more than a Band-Aid. Just like the 2008 model.

A *real* redesign of the Focus has been OVERDUE for at least 4 years now...

So what? its not like ford can wave a magic wand and have the C2 out in the States next year...its been stated over and over again that the 08 Focus is a hold me over car till the 2010-11 C2 comes out...

Would you still want to buy an 05 Focus now? Talk about dull and cheap

I'm not expecting much in the way of changes...no sheetmetal changes, just different bumpers and slim possibilty of new headlights.

Would you still want to buy an 05 Focus now? Talk about dull and cheap

Yes I would, just throw in the new seats, rear head-rests, tilt/telescopic steering,and 5 dr hatch. At least it would be recognize as a Focus.

They could have done that with the C1...that is sold in Mexico.

Fallacy: Appeal to Consequences of a Belief

The Appeal to the Consequences of a Belief is a fallacy that comes in the following patterns:

1. X is true because if people did not accept X as being true then there would be negative consequences.
  2. X is false because if people did not accept X as being false, then there would be negative consequences.
  3. X is true because accepting that X is true has positive consequences.
  4. X is false because accepting that X is false has positive consequences.
  5. I wish that X were true, therefore X is true. This is known as Wishful Thinking.
  6. I wish that X were false, therefore X is false. This is known as Wishful Thinking.

Fallacy: Appeal to Consequences of a Belief

The Appeal to the Consequences of a Belief is a fallacy that comes in the following patterns:

1. X is true because if people did not accept X as being true then there would be negative consequences.
  2. X is false because if people did not accept X as being false, then there would be negative consequences.
  3. X is true because accepting that X is true has positive consequences.
  4. X is false because accepting that X is false has positive consequences.
  5. I wish that X were true, therefore X is true. This is known as Wishful Thinking.
  6. I wish that X were false, therefore X is false. This is known as Wishful Thinking.

You know that went over his head

What would a SEL model entail?

-unique wheels obviously

-chrome accent on beltline perhaps?

-std ambient lighting for sure

-std ABS for sure

-possible std leather?

-std 6CD stereo for sure

-possible auto climate control?

-What else?

-unique wheels obviously

-std ABS for sure

-possible std leather?

-std 6CD stereo for sure

-What else?

option of a nav system maybe.

I almost added that to my list. It actually makes sense with Ford's recent history by offering nav systems for the second model year (fusion, 500). I am really excited to see what the 09 Focus brings as it is a likely choice for my mom come this december when her Mazda 6 lease is up. Offering some serious upgrades the year after a huge hit (like the 08 focus seems to be) can only improve Ford's fortunes and reputation.

It won't be surprising if we see some Focus, maybe SEL models hitting $19K-20K, Somehow...and it seems to be how Ford is handling it by adding more toys... they need to push it up the price class to allow the Fiesta to enter the lineup. Thats just how many others have handled their "C" Cars...

And because gas will continue to get more expensive, we will probably be seeing some of the European philosophy blend into our cars...the philosophy that just because it's small, it doesn't need to be cheap. We'll be seeing the next Focus C2, same as the Euro one, with many more features. People will be ok with downsizing a bit, provided they have the toys they have been accustomed to, in luxury interiors the market demands. Previously, many consumers equated the vehicles size, with it's price., and couldnt' swallow a vehicle like the sub-compact Jetta, fetching almost $30K loaded...

It won't be surprising if we see some Focus, maybe SEL models hitting $19K-20K, Somehow...and it seems to be how Ford is handling it by adding more toys... they need to push it up the price class to allow the Fiesta to enter the lineup. Thats just how many others have handled their "C" Cars...

And because gas will continue to get more expensive, we will probably be seeing some of the European philosophy blend into our cars...the philosophy that just because it's small, it doesn't need to be cheap. We'll be seeing the next Focus C2, same as the Euro one, with many more features. People will be ok with downsizing a bit, provided they have the toys they have been accustomed to, in luxury interiors the market demands. Previously, many consumers equated the vehicles size, with it's price., and couldnt' swallow a vehicle like the sub-compact Jetta, fetching almost $30K loaded...

You're mirroring a post I made a couple of weeks ago. I think that people will downsize but they'll still want all the toys and features they had on their big vehicles. Ford needs to up the available content on their more fuel efficient cars.

You're mirroring a post I made a couple of weeks ago. I think that people will downsize but they'll still want all the toys and features they had on their big vehicles. Ford needs to up the available content on their more fuel efficient cars.

I agree that a lot of this will begin to happen, and it seems like Ford is responding and beginning to integrate the former "high-end" technologies into the "low-end" vehicles.

-unique wheels obviously

-std ABS for sure

-possible std leather?

-std 6CD stereo for sure

-What else?

how about:

auto lights

std moonroof (like the civic ex has)

nav option?

sony sound system... with a GOOD sub

i doubt it but does anyone know if the focus will get a 6spd for 09? or an AWD option? :hyper:

Edited by blazerdude20

It COULD look like this, right?

fordfocus2009em8.th.jpg

Well, theoretically, it could look like anything.

That doesn't look too bad, actually. I think you should use the round foglamps and add a dash of chrome to the grille, but other than that, nice update. Now, do I think it'll be this drastic of a change, no, I don't. I think it'll be minor things, with the possible addition of a new SEL model, as mentioned above.

how about:

auto lights

std moonroof (like the civic ex has)

nav option?

sony sound system... with a GOOD sub

i doubt it but does anyone know if the focus will get a 6spd for 09? or an AWD option? :hyper:

My guess is probably no for the 6-speed and AWD. You got me thinking though, I wonder if the Escape's new 2.5 I4 could be put in the Focus?

I would like to see Ford offer navigation on the Focus. Heck, the $15,000 Suzuki SX4 will have it standard for 09 I believe. Now, I don't know how capable it'll be, but still, it's standard.