2009 Focus to get exterior changes

Blueblood

If someone is desparate enough to siphon your gasoline, do you really think they are going to think twice before using a screwdriver to pop open your fuel door to get to it?

I see the locking fuel door on my Mazda as more of a PITA than any sort of convenience/security feature.

EXACTLY! i had a lock on my gas door that needed the key on my pontiac. someone just shoved a screwdriver through the key slot. really a useless feature

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope its the front thats getting tweaked. The grille, the headlights...styling is subjective I know, but YUCK. Maybe bring down some of the gilette bars under the front bumper to tie it all together, and tweak the headlights and I maybe it'll be cuter...

I just hope its the front thats getting tweaked. The grille, the headlights...styling is subjective I know, but YUCK. Maybe bring down some of the gilette bars under the front bumper to tie it all together, and tweak the headlights and I maybe it'll be cuter...

About the Gillette bars.....I had mentioned it before, but the Fusion is still the only iteration of that grille that faithfully follows the inspiration from the 427 concept. I think the lower fascia bars on the Fusion are one of the more appealling aspect of its exterior design. Ford has otherwise done a rather uninspired job of designing its lower intakes lately. The lower fascia on the Focus is downright dull. It's boxy and contains zip for styling. That seems to be changing with the introduction of the slightly more stylized Kinetic shape to the lower openings on their future products though.

Edited by NickF1011

Would be sweet if they announced a SVT or ST Package. The new 2.5L I4 coupled to a 6 speed, or maybe even a better suprise, ecoboost. Take that over a mustang any day, given where gas prices are going. Just glad to see that they keep changing it up, very important car.

I dunno, I think the trunklid appears sort of bare. Which is probably why Focus is scripted across the back. Not sure what they should do there, but it only requires a slight modification.

I think they should get rid of the gray plastic around the fog lights and extend the lights into the trunk lid

I dont like how it just stops!! the trunk looks to bare!!!

OH!! and rear headrests :doh:

I think the only major revision the back needs is to have the taillights extend onto the trunk lid in some way. As it is now, as others have mentioned, it looks rather bare. Really they don't even need to be functional, just there....I think that would help out the look of the rear very well.

I would like to see Ford continue with bigger vehicle featurs and offer door keypad feature, puddle lamps, navigation system, more creature features for back seat passengers, and just more features that bigger vehicles have. Since more and more buyters are seeking compact vehicles, they should come with all the features buyers have come to expect on higher end models. The 2008 Focus does have more features than past Focus models, but needs more IMO. Also would like Ford to offer heated front seats as standard feature on SES models.

I too would like to see Ford offer higher end features for those who want it. Heck, Suzuki is making a navigation system standard on the SX4....a $15,000 car.

About the Gillette bars.....I had mentioned it before, but the Fusion is still the only iteration of that grille that faithfully follows the inspiration from the 427 concept. I think the lower fascia bars on the Fusion are one of the more appealling aspect of its exterior design. Ford has otherwise done a rather uninspired job of designing its lower intakes lately. The lower fascia on the Focus is downright dull. It's boxy and contains zip for styling. That seems to be changing with the introduction of the slightly more stylized Kinetic shape to the lower openings on their future products though.

The vehicles with the 3-bar probably need the lower intake as open as possible to make up for what air the 3 bars block from getting in. That's my best guess for why the lower intakes are so 'dull' and 'uninspired'.

12 days away. I bet someone will have pics before then.

Those pics in that link make me wonder how a Sport Appearance Package would go over on the Focus.

i think they should offer an ST version in 2009 to invite some people that don't put Focus and Performance in the same sentence

FocusSport seems to be pretty Ford loyal and they make good stuff, Ford should work with them on a new Focus ST

look to the right in the background..........

Rumor is that's the next Taurus, not the future Focus.

The right side model appears to be the next Taurus or something similar, as syrtran said. The Focus is to the left.