09 focus details at midnight

blazerdude20

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People on the internet forums and blogs who probably wouldn't buy one anyway say its ugly; but retail sales are up and sales have increased every month since it was released. If it was so horribly ugly, how could it sell the way it does? I don't think it's a classic, but it's not horrible either.

That tells me there is a disconnect between the critics on the internet and the real world of car buyers. Real world car buyers don't mind the styling and the internet critics are blowing the styling issue way out of proportion. The whole chrome side vent issue was blown way out of proportion. So many people on the blogs and forums were flipping out over a little chrome trim piece.

I don't know where you guys get your aesthetic sense... I think it looks sharp.

Well, some like it. Some don't. It's selling well, so a lot of people must like it. I won't be buying one though. Monochrome Volco C30 might be on the list in another year or so though. :)

There is more to design than beauty. Look a the Econoline vans. Ugly! But if you want a big van that looks like it has Balls, the Econoline looks the parts and is selling.

There is a certain "beauty" in form following function. And what's more functional than a box to haul stuff? It's the extraneous stuff that doesn't follow. If there was a function to the side vents, the arched/ponted headlights, the low rent two-bar grill (it says "I'm a cheap Ford so I didn't get the three bar grill"?) the misaligned bumper shapes....it would make sense.

A better looking car doesn't cost more. There's nothing wrong with the Focuses functionality. At least they didn't chrome the odd bumpers like they did the odd grill and side vent (again I like the side vents, but they aren't functional).

People on the internet forums and blogs who probably wouldn't buy one anyway say its ugly; but retail sales are up and sales have increased every month since it was released. If it was so horribly ugly, how could it sell the way it does? I don't think it's a classic, but it's not horrible either.

That tells me there is a disconnect between the critics on the internet and the real world of car buyers. Real world car buyers don't mind the styling and the internet critics are blowing the styling issue way out of proportion. The whole chrome side vent issue was blown way out of proportion. So many people on the blogs and forums were flipping out over a little chrome trim piece.

two MAJOR reasons they sell styling aside...fuel economy and bang for the buck, rebates and financing...makes quite a few compromise with their dislike of the styling....cars in the same class with better looks usually come with a substantial jump in overall costs....styling is individual and totally subjective as we all know, i just can't handle the Focus even if there is a great car underneath...neither am i a big fan of the Escape...it too is selling ok....as far as i am concerned Fusion is ok but getting long in the tooth, Taurus...was a weak band-aid....new F-150 coming...only thumbs up I can really give is the Edge.....THAT is a styling sucess IMO of course.

Edited by Deanh

I could not care less what the focus looks like. Is it cheap, reliable, and easy on gas? Thats all that matters to me. I dont care what it does in the 1/4 mile either. For Gods sake these cars can be had for 11K!! I have not seen any of the competition that I though looked any better but styling is subjective.

Which cars are those?

nothing sets my lights on fire in the class at all, they are all butt ugly in my opinion, I just cant handle the focus at all, its rear end terrorizes me everytime I look out of my office and the front is just an iteration of the ugly Mystique.....thank god its a stop gap...Verve please.....MUCH better than the current band-aid....

and get this....why do the details come out at midnight??????????? hmmmmm, probably because its DARK and no one can see the damn thing...LOL! actually car is bearable in darker colors with nicer wheels...but bring on the Verve like styling....PRONTO! Think the current cars sales are good?...now imagine the sales if the SAME car had the next iterations styling TODAY!

Edited by Deanh

but bring on the Verve like styling....PRONTO! Think the current cars sales are good?...now imagine the sales if the SAME car had the next iterations styling TODAY!

In all seriousness, do you think that the Focus would sell that much more then they are currently now, just because of looks?? I think Ford is already hitting the max they can pump out of the factory as it stands now....

In all seriousness, do you think that the Focus would sell that much more then they are currently now, just because of looks?? I think Ford is already hitting the max they can pump out of the factory as it stands now....

Yep..most definitely...absolutely...resoundingly YES!.....demand would increase dramatically, rebates could be dropped or lessened....styling is the FIRST attraction on a vehicle......in the current car it is not a strong point but other strengths sway....now imagine if styling was a major strength as well.....personally i LOVE the way the car drives but the exterior and interior WOULD make me wait for a better all round effort regardless......

Yep..most definitely...absolutely...resoundingly YES!.....demand would increase dramatically, rebates could be dropped or lessened....styling is the FIRST attraction on a vehicle......in the current car it is not a strong point but other strengths sway....now imagine if styling was a major strength as well.....personally i LOVE the way the car drives but the exterior and interior WOULD make me wait for a better all round effort regardless......

If it was really as ugly as some think, it wouldn't be selling like it is.

But thats the problem the car buying general public doesn't have a clue that an all new improved Focus is coming in about 2 1/2 years

If it was really as ugly as some think, it wouldn't be selling like it is.

like I said, DEALS, and gas prices can make one turn the blind eye to certain problem areas...it is a great bang for the 35 mpg buck! KILLS the Corolla and Civic w similar equip

like I said, DEALS, and gas prices can make one turn the blind eye to certain problem areas...it is a great bang for the 35 mpg buck! KILLS the Corolla and Civic w similar equip

Why didn't they turn a blind eye to say the Aztek or even the Sebring, which more or less suffers from the same problems as the Focus in your eyes?

Why didn't they turn a blind eye to say the Aztek or even the Sebring, which more or less suffers from the same problems as the Focus in your eyes?

THAT was a face only a mother or a GM A plan could love...subjective but even the Focii improves on that abortion.

ok let me lay this scenario out there....current focus parked besides Verve like styling...same MSRP....which way would YOU lean? now put rebates on the ugly stepchild and subveened rates with potential savings of 4-4500....changes the decision making dynamic a little doesn't it?i just can't handle the Focus even if there is a great car underneath...neither am i a big fan of the Escape...it too is selling ok....as far as i am concerned Fusion is ok but getting long in the tooth, Taurus...was a weak band-aid....new F-150 coming...only thumbs up I can really give is the Edge.....THAT is a styling sucess IMO of course.

Edited by Deanh