blazerdude20

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New link! http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159752

• The 2009 Focus coupe is set to debut on "American Idol" on Fox on Wednesday.
  • Sporty updates inspired by customer feedback, including new front and rear fascias, a new roof-line spoiler and standard 17-inch aluminum wheels on the SES series, enhance the car's profile and further differentiate the Focus coupe from the sedan.
  • Performance improvements include increased horsepower on 5-speed manual versions and quicker acceleration, thanks to a new final drive ratio on models with four-speed automatic transmissions – without any compromise to Focus' 35-miles-per-gallon fuel economy rating.
  • Focus posted an 88 percent increase in retail sales in April versus a year ago.

2009_focus_coupe_01.jpg

2009_focus_coupe_02.jpg

It's still ugly, although they did fix one thing i found ugly, the blocky foglights....these new ones are a bit better, but it's like putting lipstick on a pig...

"The lower front fascia incorporates a larger open area that bares a strong resemblance to the acclaimed design of the new global Ford Fiesta subcompact."--- What people really want, do you hear them ??

"The fog lamps – now standard – are better integrated into the overall design of the front fascia, and its signature two-bar chrome front grille and chrome accents around the headlamps have been darkened for added differentiation."--- What most hate anyways...

I think it looks a lot nicer then the generic 2008 coupe. The changes actually give the little car some sportiness and character. I mean did anyone honestly think Ford would do a ground-up redesign in one model year? Has any automaker ever done that? It should only help sales.

Edited by 2005Explorer

Major lower fascia improvement; I actually like the chrome front end but I definitely hope the foglamp integration etc. gets moved to the sedan, also.

seriously hope it gets moved to the sedan as well.

and im hoping it will fit to an 08 sedan. i would love to have that bumper/ fascia over the current block fog one

I think it looks a lot nicer then the generic 2008 coupe. The changes actually give the little car some sportiness and character. I mean did anyone honestly think Ford would do a ground-up redesign in one model year? Has any automaker ever done that? It should only help sales.

I agree that it looks better/nicer than the 08.

seriously hope it gets moved to the sedan as well.

and im hoping it will fit to an 08 sedan. i would love to have that bumper/ fascia over the current block fog one

My guess is that it would fit on a sedan. Aren't they the same in until you get to the cabin area?

Hey, they got rid of the ass-tacular chrome vent.

Unfortunately they added an EXP-esque rear spoiler-thingy, which we all know adds 50 HP.

Aside from that, I can't decide if I like the rear-end. I do think it looks better than the last one though.

Front lights and grill are still ugly though.

BUT....I think it looks a bit better than the current one, and that one is selling like hot-cakes.

Unfortunately they added an EXP-esque rear spoiler-thingy, which we all know adds 50 HP.

Aside from that, I can't decide if I like the rear-end. I do think it looks better than the last one though.

BUT....I think it looks a bit better than the current one, and that one is selling like hot-cakes.

+1

I think it looks good without the vent.

I don't like the stupid rear window spoiler thing either.

The rear end, while it does look better, as you mentioned, still doesn't look finished to me. I guess that won't be fixed until the next generation though, since I don't see them putting lights on the trunk before then.

I think one thing making the Focus look goofy is the bumper's (both front and back) strange cut/design lines at the corners. It appears they tried to square off a bit too much an otherwise relatively curvy design.

I think one thing making the Focus look goofy is the bumper's (both front and back) strange cut/design lines at the corners. It appears they tried to square off a bit too much an otherwise relatively curvy design.

Yeah, I noticed that too. So much so, I had to go on Ford's site to check out the current-gen front bumper. It's not a clean line from those photos, is it?

On a sad note, my brother, who I tried to convince to buy a Focus, ordered his Smart car this weekend. :banghead: His other ride? A 71 Torino GT.

Ack....pppphhhtt. :reading:

Yeah, I noticed that too. So much so, I had to go on Ford's site to check out the current-gen front bumper. It's not a clean line from those photos, is it?

On a sad note, my brother, who I tried to convince to buy a Focus, ordered his Smart car this weekend. :banghead: His other ride? A 71 Torino GT.

Ack....pppphhhtt. :reading:

Unfortunately, I don't think they're problems with the photos, I believe that's how they actually look. I'll have to pay attention next I see one on the road.

"The new front fascia, 17-inch sport wheels and fog lamps remind me of the old Focus SVT models," Thomas added.

Thats because the wheels are from the SVT Focus Euro Appearance Package! :rolleyes:

Though I do wonder about the grill treatment...it looks much better smoked out like it is now vs the gaudy chrome one they have now...is the newer one going to be standard?