09 focus details at midnight

blazerdude20

More like Ford Nazism.

Well, if that's how you fel, then get rid of your "nazi made" Panther, :finger:

Anyway, for the billionth time, Ford has to make cars that sell, and not cater to the apes in dirty, used 10 year old P71's who never ever buy new and contribute $0.00 to the bottom line. How many so called "very profitable" new Panthers sold last year? And no, nobody watches fucking TV ads anymore, so don't say that stale "If they had more TV commercials..."

Again, revenge is best served cold, and I love seeing big mouths go into convulsions because the Focus is selling, REAL people do not care about the g-dammed Panthers, and the "RWD BOF cars only" axiom is dying off with old Boomers.

Edited by 630land

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many so called "very profitable" new Panthers sold last year? And no, nobody watches fucking TV ads anymore, so don't say that stale "If they had more TV commercials..."

REAL people do not care about the g-dammed Panthers

No shit...did you figure that out all by yourself?

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Who's saying "like it or leave"? Most of us seem to feel that the 2K8/9 Focus has esthetic problems, but it's not a "turd". An Aztek is a turd. A Sebring is a turd.

This guy, in this thread, on this same page, have you even read the thread???

Edit: Back on page 4.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=350587

Here are his exact words.. "Sales talk, bullshit walks. There are a few negatoids on here that need to walk. If you don't like the Focus, then hang out at Honda sites and be happy."

As if not liking a horrid design from Ford means one is a Honda fan, that's the same warped logic that we heard from certain types of people who told others if they didn't like Bush, to leave the country!!

And some people like the Sebring and the Aztec, people bought Gremlins and Chevy Citations as well.

Ah, first year automotive design students putting out stuff that is absolutely incredible — and absolutely un-buildable, and un-drivable, unless you live in SoCal. The little darlings never design anything for use in Chicago, in February, in 12" of snow and -40° :)

Well the Mustang looks pretty damned amazing, and yet it can be driven in Chicago as well.. :reading:

Edited by Blueblood

People on the internet forums and blogs who probably wouldn't buy one anyway say its ugly; but retail sales are up and sales have increased every month since it was released. If it was so horribly ugly, how could it sell the way it does? I don't think it's a classic, but it's not horrible either.

That tells me there is a disconnect between the critics on the internet and the real world of car buyers. Real world car buyers don't mind the styling and the internet critics are blowing the styling issue way out of proportion. The whole chrome side vent issue was blown way out of proportion. So many people on the blogs and forums were flipping out over a little chrome trim piece.

I OWN a Focus, you have no idea who you are talking about and what we all buy and drive, what made the original Focus so great was taken away on the new one, I won't even try to explain because you just wouldn't understand. And tell me, if it's doing so great, why can't it outsell the 2000 Focus which was out at a time when gas wasn't 4 bucks a gallon? At 90 cents to 1 dollar, they still sold an assload of them. There is a huge shift to small cars going on right now, some of us, like our small cars to look good as well as have upscale features, (think Mini Cooper). My 02 Focus has a tilt/telescoping steering wheel (try finding any other car in it's class or for less than 40k in 02 that had that!), along with all sorts of little things that made it stand out. Plus it looks damn good, especially with a few Euro/SVT parts.

But's it's all a waste of breathe, soon we'll have a proper Focus again, and then people will complain that it looks too good or that nobody will want a small car packed with higher end features...

Well, some like it. Some don't. It's selling well, so a lot of people must like it. I won't be buying one though. Monochrome Volco C30 might be on the list in another year or so though. :)

The all black version 2.0 looks incredible, don't see many since Volvo forgot to advertise them, which I just do not get..

and get this....why do the details come out at midnight??????????? hmmmmm, probably because its DARK and no one can see the damn thing...LOL! actually car is bearable in darker colors with nicer wheels...but bring on the Verve like styling....PRONTO! Think the current cars sales are good?...now imagine the sales if the SAME car had the next iterations styling TODAY!

That's what I'm saying, if the 08 or 09 Focus looked exactly like the new Fiesta I'd go trade up tomorrow, and I'm sure many many others would too. I can't get over how nice the interior is on those things..

Edit: I'd drive over to the Ford dealer right now! They are open until midnight!

Edited by Blueblood

But thats the problem the car buying general public doesn't have a clue that an all new improved Focus is coming in about 2 1/2 years

Most people aren't going to put off a vehicle purchase for 2 1/2 years just to get an improved model. Heck, most won't put it off 2 1/2 weeks.

The all black version 2.0 looks incredible, don't see many since Volvo forgot to advertise them, which I just do not get..

Yeah, kind of amazing. I think it could sell a lot better. It's a nice little car. The one they are raffling away here is all white with the monochrome body cladding. Very smooth looking IMHO. If I was going to buy one though, I'd have to get it with the 6-speed manual (the white one is an auto).

I wish, how I wish I could afford one. The hatch looks great when you see it for real. The C-30, IMHO, is the most tasteful small sled on the market.

I wish, how I wish I could afford one. The hatch looks great when you see it for real. The C-30, IMHO, is the most tasteful small sled on the market.

Eh, they aren't horridly expensive unless you completely load them up. The white one I was looking at was pretty decently equipped: sport appearance package, automatic, sirius satellite, heated seats...for just over $25,000.

I like the hatch myself too. It gives the otherwise usually bland and upright back end of hatchbacks some very unique character.

Yep..most definitely...absolutely...resoundingly YES!.....demand would increase dramatically, rebates could be dropped or lessened....styling is the FIRST attraction on a vehicle......in the current car it is not a strong point but other strengths sway....now imagine if styling was a major strength as well.....personally i LOVE the way the car drives but the exterior and interior WOULD make me wait for a better all round effort regardless......

Is the C1 really that much better looking than the US Focus? If you compare the two and NOT look at the super duper hi performance models of the C1 with their bigger wheels and tires and lowering, and just look at the common C1, it's not that much of an improvement over the US Focus, if any at all:

focuscomparison-4ainzm5b0.jpeg

Looking at both of them, the C1's front end is actually a bit busier with more peaks and valleys but a more conventional grille, but I don't think it's all that much better looking, or that the US Focus all that much uglier than the C1. The both of them aren't beauties.

Edited by Dolphy

Is the C1 really that much better looking than the US Focus? If you compare the two and NOT look at the super duper hi performance models of the C1 with their bigger wheels and tires and lowering, and just look at the common C1, it's not that much of an improvement over the US Focus, if any at all:

focuscomparison-4ainzm5b0.jpeg

Looking at both of them, the C1's front end is actually a bit busier with more peaks and valleys but a more conventional grille, but I don't think it's all that much better looking, or that the US Focus all that much uglier than the C1. The both of them aren't beauties.

one word..and granted...my opinion....yep. Walked around several whilst in Ireland....nice car. However I do accept that the US Focus we have currently is a baind aid stop gap so its tolerable...and if the next iteration ( global ) is as good as rumoured and Verve styled it makes both the current focii look like crap.

My 02 Focus has a tilt/telescoping steering wheel (try finding any other car in it's class or for less than 40k in 02 that had that!)

Every Honda Civic has it standard right now...but I would imagine very few sub-40K automobiles had it in '02...let alone some little econo box.

Must be the Way Backward.

C1 Focus is just extraordinarily bland. The bland glass in the back of the hatch turned it from extremely unique to every other hatch in the world. I don't deny it's a better car, but I prefer the US's unsuccessful attempt at edginess to the Europe look.

C1 Focus is just extraordinarily bland. The bland glass in the back of the hatch turned it from extremely unique to every other hatch in the world. I don't deny it's a better car, but I prefer the US's unsuccessful attempt at edginess to the Europe look.

I MUCH rather have bland than butt-ass ugly.

If the Fusion is long in the tooth, what is the Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis?

The cars that can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'

Blasphemy!!! :hysterical:

The C1 cannot be mentioned in the same sentence with the C170. How dare you insult the C1 by saying that the US Focus is not all that different looking than the C1!! :hysterical:

[/sarcasm]

Edited by rmc523

Damn, some of you offer no constructive criticism at all. In all honesty what makes the Euro Focus that great? If I gave you 220 hp in the Focus would you pipe down, but If i charged 23K, you wouldn't be able to such your yappers. The car serves it's purpose.

Having owned both Focus, living in Canada and now in Europe, there are many differences, and I have mentioned them in posts here before only to be challenged to prove my opinions and perceptions. Not being an engineer I do not qualify as far as many here have pointed out to make such comments as I cannot prove the differences.

That said I have spoken with a Ford engineer regarding his opinion on the differences between N.A. & Euro Focus and he has told me many of the same points that I have concluded. But the problem you would all have with this is that he is a Ford engineer working in Europe, so for sure he will be biased and his opinion won't be valid as well.

And my opinion is not based on hp or cost comparisons etc, its based on my owner experience of these Focus.

Richard Parry-Jones summed it up best when he said this back in 2004 - "If you look at consumer behavior in this sector [in the U.S.], most people are buying on price. We simply don't get rewarded for showing engineering excellence, whereas in Europe, we have to invest more simply to keep up."

Fast forward now to 2008 and I feel that the American consumers are looking to downsize moving from their larger gas guzzlers to B and C-class cars but looking for similar amounts of safety,bells and whistles, refinement, passenger space, and so on, but cost a lot less to run.

Point being IMO is that the American consumer will pay out the extra $$ for a higher engineered small car as they do in Euroland, because they want to have lower running costs but do not want to give up the finer things they had in there larger higher spec'd vehicles.

I remember reading from Ford N.A. saying that a very high percentage of the new Focus being sold are the high trim level with most of the option boxes being checked.

When the new Fiesta and one world Focus appears in North America I think the consumer will see the value and spend the monies on these well engineered Ford cars.

My opinion regarding appearance, the N.A. Focus exterior it looks very dated (Tempo/Maverick) mixed with edgey asymmetrical lines which I just don't get.

To me it has no connection with a Focus except for its class leading dynamics.

The C1 Focus I find very appealing and cohesive, and the changes for the MY2008 have brought the car more in line with the new Fords, such as the Mondeo and the up coming Fiesta.

Edited by MKII

The Fiesta will allow the Focus to move up out of the entry level position in the line up. When you look at the Ford brand car line up in terms of price in the US and Europe and compare them (lowest to highest):

size/price....Europe...............US

smallest.......Ka.......................Focus

small............Fiesta..................Focus

medium........Focus..................Fusion,Mustang

largest.........Mondeo...............Taurus

The Focus in the US must be the entry level car and cover price range that the Ka and Fiesta fill in Europe. In Europe, the Focus is at the same position in the line up as the US Fusion.

Edited by Dolphy

The Fiesta will allow the Focus to move up out of the entry level position in the line up. When you look at the Ford brand car line up in terms of price in the US and Europe and compare them (lowest to highest):

size/price....Europe...............US

smallest.......Ka.......................Focus

small............Fiesta..................Focus

medium........Focus..................Fusion,Mustang

largest.........Mondeo...............Taurus

The Focus in the US must be the entry level car and cover price range that the Ka and Fiesta fill in Europe. In Europe, the Focus is at the same position in the line up as the US Fusion.

The Mondeo over here is in the same segment as the Mazda6, which would be the same segment as the N.A. Fusion or C/D segment.

I can't say the Mondeo would be in the same segment as the Taurus.

But I know what your point is, the N.A. Focus covers both B and C segment in North America.

Edited by MKII