09 focus details at midnight

blazerdude20

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good thinking...a trash compactor may actually be the one thing that could improve the look of the '08-'09 Fukkas.

Whatever...my Panther will be running FAR longer than some silly looking Focus.

don't beleive it...plenty of Focus stories with really high mileage...one thing the car is is dependable......

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Can we get a POTW winner here?

1) As Elvis said on the first 19 takes of "Hound Dog", "Sorry boys, that just didn't move me."

2) Re: igor and the "concept 1 year before launch" theory

Ain't gonna happen anymore. I believe that's a directive from Alan Mulally too. No more concept launches ages before product launch. At least not in the US. By your timeline, we should've already seen 'hint' concepts of the new Fusion, 'Stang, and Taurus. Hasn't happened. Ergo, I suspect it will not happen for the new Focus either.

3) Re: general complaints about the new Focus package and the Focus' overall appearance

It's not your car. Obviously, this car is a hit with real people who are not YOU and who are spending real money on this car. Their feedback was incorporated in this model. So you don't like it, well big deal. Doesn't mean it's a bad car, or that it's not going to sell.

And would you people stop quoting P71. It's bad enough the ignore feature doesn't get rid of BON's lamest avatar, let alone that I have to read his 'dial-a-troll' crappery when it's quoted by someone else.

Eh, the rear half profile on the coupe just looks bizarre. The huge rear quarter windows and the very non-coupe-like beltline don't help matters at all. Drove past another 4-door on my way to lunch though and it actually doesn't look half-bad in profile. The grille and headlights are still an eyesore, but the profile of the sedan is leaps and bounds ahead of the coupe. Once again, I don't see the big deal about the fender vent. On the actual car in person, it's not even really that noticable. Just looks like a random piece of brightwork.

I agree 100%. I was really hoping Ford was going to address the grill/headlights. I actually kind of like the fender vent, I prefer it to be functional however. I was at a Ford dealership in LA, they had some vents that were body colored....that looked good!

A bi-plane SVO spoiler would have been a nice touch. :shades:

Thank you for calling dial-a-troll, Ford edition.

If you would like an insult directed at Ford in general, press 1. If you would like an insult for Bill Ford, Jr. press 2. If you would like an insult directed at a specific division of Ford, press 3. If you would like to have Ford compared with excrement, press 4. If you would like to have Ford compared with the mentally handicapped, press 5. If you have realized that posting insults on an internet message board is a colossal waste of time, please hang up and seek professional guidance. You're on the right track.

I don't think the Focus design is great, but it is a very distinctive and interesting design reletive to the amorphously bland world of econoboxes. The more I see the Focus on the road, the more appealing I find the car. The car is also much more appealing now that it has been a huge hit for Ford :) That positive momentum is a key part of capturing hearts and minds and the Focus (among many other Ford products) has done it the best so far.

Edited by BORG

Good thinking...a trash compactor may actually be the one thing that could improve the look of the '08-'09 Fukkas.

Whatever...my Panther will be running FAR longer than some silly looking Focus.

I love how you changed the quote and expected no one to notice. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Sorry RJ, didn't see your post.

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

I don't think the Focus design is great, but it is a very distinctive and interesting design reletive to the amorphously bland world of econoboxes. The more I see the Focus on the road, the more appealing I find the car. The car is also much more appealing now that it has been a huge hit for Ford :) That positive momentum is a key part of capturing hearts and minds and the Focus (among many other Ford products) has done it the best so far.

In all honesty I don't like the current Focus either. Of course, I didn't care much for the previous gen either. I do like the looks of the Fiesta and hope the next gen Focus uses the same design language.

Positives: New front fascia, some what blacked out bars (not as polarizing), JC whitney stick on fender vent delete, keeping the interior the same, rear bumper with matted fake diffuser, wheels, new paint color.

Negatives: Roof spoiler, rear truck lid is still a sea of nothing (at least put some reflector bar in that space to connect the tail lamps, you got rid of the side vents), Engine ( I mean c'mon 3 hp, your gonna have to entise me with at least 25-30 hp to get me into a manual).

One suggestion I could live with is if you offered a dealer installed turbo kit from ford racing. Same warrantly, just pay an extra $2-3K for the installation and parts.

Last month's impressive sales figures and buyer satisfaction.

No amount of negativity can dispel those two facts.

Sales talk, bullshit walks. There are a few negatoids on here that need to walk. If you don't like the Focus, then hang out at Honda sites and be happy.

Sales talk, bullshit walks. There are a few negatoids on here that need to walk. If you don't like the Focus, then hang out at Honda sites and be happy.

Well I don't have any issues with the new Focus styling. It is a love it or hate it design. The fact remains that the new Focus is selling well and actual owners seem to really like their cars

Reviews from 2008 Focus Owners on Yahoo

Sure there are a few things they don't like, however almost every review is extremely positive.

That is stupid cheerleading at it's worst. I consider myself to be one of the Ford faithful and an unabashed cheerleader. BUT.......

"Faith... Must be enforced by reason...When faith becomes blind it dies."-- Mahatma Gandhi

Do you expect all Pontiac fans to like the Aztek? While the Focus is no where near that bad, and it's selling very well (thankfully)...they could of done a heck of a lot better with a refresh. Especially considering it was a handsome car before.

I'm entitled to my own critical opinion...and I was an art/architecture major in college. So I have an educated view of design. And I will hang around, and if you don't like MY opinion you can KMA.

That is stupid cheerleading at it's worst. I consider myself to be one of the Ford faithful and an unabashed cheerleader. BUT.......

"Faith... Must be enforced by reason...When faith becomes blind it dies."-- Mahatma Gandhi

Do you expect all Pontiac fans to like the Aztek? While the Focus is no where near that bad, and it's selling very well (thankfully)...they could of done a heck of a lot better with a refresh. Especially considering it was a handsome car before.

I'm entitled to my own critical opinion...and I was an art/architecture major in college. So I have an educated view of design. And I will hang around, and if you don't like MY opinion you can KMA.

Well said, I went to the same art school as J. Mays and all the big designers, so when I see turd's like the new Focus, it blows me away considering our first year automotive design students were putting out stuff that was absolutely incredible.

This whole "like it or leave" BS is just ridiculous, it's like Ford nationalism..

Well said, I went to the same art school as J. Mays and all the big designers, so when I see turd's like the new Focus, it blows me away considering our first year automotive design students were putting out stuff that was absolutely incredible.

This whole "like it or leave" BS is just ridiculous, it's like Ford nationalism..

There is more to design than beauty. Look a the Econoline vans. Ugly! But if you want a big van that looks like it has Balls, the Econoline looks the parts and is selling.

I don't know where you guys get your aesthetic sense... I think it looks sharp.

The styling still doesnt do anything for me, its not bad looking since I've been seeing them more and more (thought it was ulgy), but it doesnt have any draw for me to go out and buy one at the moment...even the orginal focus didn't do much for me till I saw the SVT Model.

The 09 Coupe improvements make it look nicer, but it still doesnt grab me...

Who's saying "like it or leave"? Most of us seem to feel that the 2K8/9 Focus has esthetic problems, but it's not a "turd". An Aztek is a turd. A Sebring is a turd.

Ah, first year automotive design students putting out stuff that is absolutely incredible — and absolutely un-buildable, and un-drivable, unless you live in SoCal. The little darlings never design anything for use in Chicago, in February, in 12" of snow and -40° :)

Why would the 2009 Focus sedan be different from the coupe? By that, I mean why would Ford in assembly process use two different grilles and put chrome vent on one body style and leave it off on other. I'm sure Ford believes in keeping assembly costs as low as possible and ease of assembly is top priority. You would almost need two different lines to produce sedan and coupe if coupe is too different from sedan. I would suspect sedan has same grille, no chrome vent, but no spoiler and different wheels. Maybe sedan will keep chrome vent if survey shows most customers like it, but I would think both will use same front end. I guess we will find out shortly.

You need to read my comments more carefully. You seem to give constructive criticism, and that is needed. I have said I don't like the Focus SES wheels, and that is my opinion and I hope Ford goes to more handsome wheels on 2009 Focus sedan. I like the new wheels on new coupe. But to call the new Focus an "ugly turd" is just the bullshit trolling I was talking about like some do on here. It's not needed or wanted by most on here. Or to say Focus is selling well only because of fleet sales to rental companies is bullshit too and trolling. Or to never find anything positive about Ford and always accentuate the negative or make it up if it doesn't exist is bullshit trolling at its worse IMO. And I say leave and go to Honda Forum and get your shorts all wadded up over an Accord or Civic or beautiful Element or new Passport.