Ford Delaying '09 -150 Launch

jasonj80

Hey, if the "updated" 5.4 mated to a 6-speed can perform in similar fashion as the higher horsepower engines from the other manufacturers AND generate better gas mileage, then who needs the 6.2L.

I think what ford really needs to consider is making the updated 4.6 with the 6 speed standard and leave the 5.4 as optional across the line. Most people wont need more than the 4.6.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That will be almost $18 billion in losses since 2006 and Ford still has the wrong product for $5 a gallon gasoline.

If you take a look at the tremendous drop off in SUV and pickup sales, the amount of $$ Ford made from the sale of each one, and how fast the consumer is moving to smaller vehicles, it is hard to believe that Ford can return to profitability selling small cars head on against Honda, Toyota, Nissan, VW, etc. since the competition in that segment will be super intense.

Do you ever say anything else? Your posting of the same basic thought all over the place is getting highly annoying.

And here I sit, trying to buy a new truck, but not pulling the trigger because the deal right now is worse than last month. Not a little worse either............... $2000 worse.

I don't want a '06 or '07 because the interior is not as nice, and the overall truck is not as nice. Since I don't plan to sell this new truck, I want what I want. We are looking at the 2008 V10 F250 4x4 Crewcab Lariat (loaded wtih everything including Nav and DVD). They would have to discount the diesel ALOT to make up for the $5000 difference in price over the V10. Hell, I will even drive to get the truck I want, as AZ sucks for truck prices (high).

So, if anyone knows where my truck is, in the Dark Toreadore Red, over beige, and beige interior............ please let me know. LOL (the one local is Pueblo Gold).

Hey, at least I'm getting an ok trade on my Tribute................ as it gets pretty good mileage. LOL

I looked at my local South Florida dealer's inventories and could not find one like the one you're searching for.

Hey, if the "updated" 5.4 mated to a 6-speed can perform in similar fashion as the higher horsepower engines from the other manufacturers AND generate better gas mileage, then who needs the 6.2L.

FORD needs the 6.2L !

This engine is aim primarily at the SuperDuty market, to replace the gas guzzling V10. The 6.2L will be cheaper to build than the V10 and possibly cheaper to build than the 5.4L 3v !

With fuel prices headed for the moon, you may never see the 6.2L in a F150, or only in a very, very limited quantity (i.e. Roush, Saleen models).

Maybe with this delay they will have the v6 ready because a F150 Ecoboost 6 sounds nice and if its able to bring MPG in more than 23 mpg its a go

DREAMER !

Ford is dumping another 10-15% of its white collar work force. And even though much (most?) of the engineering on this EcoBoost application is outsourced to Bosch, there just isn't enough bodies left to pull it ahead.

EcoBoost in an F150 won't show up until 2011MY or later.

I think what ford really needs to consider is making the updated 4.6 with the 6 speed standard and leave the 5.4 as optional across the line. Most people wont need more than the 4.6.

Keep up withe the Ford Press Releases.

The 4.6L 2V is the base engine on 2009MY F150. The 4.6L 3v and the 5.4L 3V are the only optional engines.[

Edited by theoldwizard

Keep up withe the Ford Press Releases.

The 4.6L 2V is the base engine on 2009MY F150. The 4.6L 3v and the 5.4L 3V are the only optional engines.[

I am aware the 4.2 is the base engine and the other 2 are optional, but if memory serve me correctly the 5.4 is standard on the higher end trim packages. With the improved performance of the 4.6 and the 6 speed, there is really is no need for the 5.4 to standard on any package or trim level.

Do you ever say anything else? Your posting of the same basic thought all over the place is getting highly annoying.

Here's a quote from today's detnews, " Though growing demand for smaller vehicles should allow for higher prices in the future, Ford is still hard pressed to net $100 off each compact it sells in the United States, compared to more than $20,000 for its largest pickups."

Here's a quote from today's detnews, " Though growing demand for smaller vehicles should allow for higher prices in the future, Ford is still hard pressed to net $100 off each compact it sells in the United States, compared to more than $20,000 for its largest pickups."

Prove it.

No one outside of a Ford Financial insider has that kind of information.

Yup, there's not any ecoboost mules running around except for Flex, MKS, and Fusion. Boss for 09 is a pipedream too.

According to the Head Engineer on the 09 F-150 program, he drove the F-150 with the ecoboost engine in it, and "it drives like a rocket". So they at least have one on michigan proving grounds..somewhere...

Why didn't you quote this part of the article?

But analysts say Ford has the cash to risk it, namely $40.6 billion in cash and available credit lines, while General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC are struggling to respond to the same challenges with less access to capital.

"Ford clearly is in the strongest liquidity position," said Bruce Clark, a senior vice president at Moody's Investors Service Inc. "There's certainly growing concern within the market about whether the liquidity of the Detroit Three is sufficient to get them through to 2010."

Or this:

Product analyst Jim Hall of 2953 Analytics in Birmingham said Ford is taking appropriate actions to address a difficult situation.

Why? Because you're a dumbass. :finger:

I am aware the 4.2 is the base engine and the other 2 are optional, but if memory serve me correctly the 5.4 is standard on the higher end trim packages. With the improved performance of the 4.6 and the 6 speed, there is really is no need for the 5.4 to standard on any package or trim level.

Take a look at the order guide. For all models above XLT, the 5.4 3V is the only available engine. And, on top of it, they make the trailer towing package standard on the higher end models (adds weight). For the lower end models (XL, STX and XLT) the 4.6 2V/4 speed should be standard with all other models getting the 4.6 3V/6 speed as standard. The 5.4 should be optional across the board. It's all about giving the customer the max number of choices.

Same thing with Ford's SUV's. Have the luggage rack either be optional or at least have a delete option.

Is the Expedition, Navigator, Explorer and Mountaineer effected aswell?

"--Michigan Truck Plant, which produces the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator, will be idled for nine consecutive weeks beginning the week of June 23, in line with demand for the company's full-size SUVs.

--One shift of production will be eliminated at Louisville Assembly Plant, which produces the Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer, in the third quarter. "

You know thinking about this makes me more anxious for the crossover Explorer

Edited by ManFord

Everyone looking for more power, the top engine, better Fuel mileage, etc.

We;re talking about an engine with 20 years of tech newer than the mods, plus ford has spent millions and many many years working on it. If you're you're a Ford fan, you want it.

Why does this stuff have to be explained here?

FORD needs the 6.2L !

This engine is aim primarily at the SuperDuty market, to replace the gas guzzling V10. The 6.2L will be cheaper to build than the V10 and possibly cheaper to build than the 5.4L 3v !

With fuel prices headed for the moon, you may never see the 6.2L in a F150, or only in a very, very limited quantity (i.e. Roush, Saleen models).

That's what I find ridiculous, if FE is a concern, (which it shouldn't be when you're buying a 6000 lb. tank, the Boss will get better mileage than the 5.4, especially when DI and variable displacement comes along, so if anything, they need to drop the 5.4 for fuel economy reasons. I don't know why people act like it's the other way around, they can even put taller gear behind the 6.2 since it has enough power to move along without steep gearing.

Knowing the 09 has the six speed who would buy an 08 anyway?

Maybe they delayed it to get the Boss in at launch!

How about a $6,000 price advantage for an equally optioned truck? The outgoing '08s look pretty good at that price.