VOLT REVEALED!

P71_CrownVic

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great looking car...

Gotta love people who say how great other makes cars are so great looking, yet shit on anything that Ford comes out with...

Anyways, not a bad effort, but those blacked out lower sills on the bottom of the windows look HORRIBLE.

Nothing too earthshattering about the design, it looks like a next gen/better looking Malbiu

The nose actually resembles the next Taurus that we have been seeing the spy shots of. Notably - what I call the Japanese 'smiley face' grille, headlights pulled deep into the front fenders with the contrasting trapezoid shaped intake below the grille. I think the Aussie Falcon was the original, and inspired both the Taurus and the Volt.

Very nice looking, but using my own logic no better than the upcoming Taurus!

It isn't a bad looking car at all. It certainly does bear a resemblence to the Malibu and the spy shots of the Cruze. It is a Hatchback? I wonder because I don't see a trunk opening in the photos. I had thought the Volt was supposed to be more of a mid-sized car. If it is the size of a Cobalt it will be a bit smaller than a Prius. I wish them luck with it. It doesn't interest me as a potential purchase.

That's one nice looking Prius.....er, I mean Civic.....er, I mean

How much is it supposed to cost again? :headscratch:

I think Lutz wanted it to be priced around $35K, but last I've read, it may cost around $40K+.

It isn't a bad looking car at all. It certainly does bear a resemblence to the Malibu and the spy shots of the Cruze. It is a Hatchback? I wonder because I don't see a trunk opening in the photos. I had thought the Volt was supposed to be more of a mid-sized car. If it is the size of a Cobalt it will be a bit smaller than a Prius. I wish them luck with it. It doesn't interest me as a potential purchase.

I would assume it's a hatchback, ala Prius.

Edited by rmc523

looks good...kinda reminds me of a Civic albeit jazzed up....when is it being released...if not within the next 6 months it may prematurely "age".....

Dean, it is supposed to be available in late 2010 as a 2011MY vehicle.

Thus, much like the Camaro, it will be needing a MCE by the time it comes out. LOL

Dean, it is supposed to be available in late 2010 as a 2011MY vehicle.

Thus, much like the Camaro, it will be needing a MCE by the time it comes out. LOL

probably true...it is nice..albeit derivative....Verve/ Fiesta kicks it out of the park ( opinion of course )

at 40k I would argue against that......

There are no other cars like it or capable of what it will offer, I think 40K will a bargain if you can get it that low. That depends on what Toyota does with Prius, they could spoil the Chevy party. God knows Ford is complete out of this race, although we can hope that they can get their hybrid act together with the new Fusion.

You gotta love Ford, all of their hybrids are stuck in cars that are older than the technology ;)

Edited by BORG

There are no other cars like it or capable of what it will offer, I think 40K will a bargain if you can get it that low. That depends on what Toyota does with Prius, they could spoil the Chevy party.

and I wonder reaction the first time they get their $250 power bill bump monthly saving maybe $150 in gas............don't care WHAT technology is utilized...at 40k it kills itself........save the 20k buy a Focus.....or 10k and buy a Fusion hybrid.....

Gotta love people who say how great other makes cars are so great looking, yet shit on anything that Ford comes out with...

Anyways, not a bad effort, but those blacked out lower sills on the bottom of the windows look HORRIBLE.

Nothing too earthshattering about the design, it looks like a next gen/better looking Malbiu

+1