09 Focus - HAS - rear headrests!!

igor

Just pop out the middle head rest and stow it in the trunk area...if you need it....throw it back in... :shades:

I've never understood why they don't have a "stowage area" for those things. Some sort of cubby hole would be nice.

Headrests make attaching to the upper LATCH hooks (for baby seats), such a PITA.

Really? I find moving a head rest 3 inches is much less of a pain than having to kneel in the darn things to be able to tighten the straps.

When you go to tighten the upper strap, you have to either have enough strap to thread through the space under the headrest, or an arm skinny enough to fit through. Going above or around seems to never allow enough tightness because of the angle, IMO.

I just remove the headrest to avoid the problem, but then put it back so it doesn't look weird (and because there's nowhere to put it in the car).

I don't usually use the bottom LATCH hooks, because it can be a pain to unhook and there's often a lot of excess strap that just balls up right there on the seat. Usually I just use the seatbelt for the bottom anchor.

On my mom's E320 ('94), the headrests actually do stow until someone wants them up. A push of a button by the driver sends them back down. :)

Yeah, I was gonna add that.....Mercedes, as you said, has an indented area in the rear dash where the headrests fold down into when not in use. Of course on a Ford or other cheaper vehicles (maybe make powered ones an option?), you could simply put the indent there and the driver could remove them manually and put them there to save costs.

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Head Restraints

http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-IMPACT/200...ay-04/i2011.htm

Rear-seat head restraints aren't mandatory, but anything that looks like a headrest must meet the new head-restraint standards by 2010. Furthermore, if they can be lowered for visibility or stowage, they must fold forward so adults can't sit in the seat without putting the head restraint into position. Might this discourage fitment of rear head restraints, increasing rear-seat whiplash incidents?

Hmm thats my guess as to why in the Mbenz it pops forward...although when I sit on those rear seats, my heat feels more comfortable with the headrests forward, it fits perfectly behind my neck, rather than placing them upright...

Actually few cars headrests make sense..Volvo, Mbenz, and BMW I find have some of the best headrests. Ford has been improving though.

I tried out a new 09 Focus 4 door on Saturday. It was a base stripper model with roll up windows (!!!) no power door locks or anything...a newspaper ad special for $10999.

But it actually was a fun little car!

It did have the 3X rear headrests.

Still prefer my Mustang GT though :shades:

I tried out a new 09 Focus 4 door on Saturday. It was a base stripper model with roll up windows (!!!) no power door locks or anything...a newspaper ad special for $10999.

But it actually was a fun little car!

It did have the 3X rear headrests.

Still prefer my Mustang GT though :shades:

I sure the hell hope so!!