Gran Torino Trailer

BA!!!!!!!! Im a certified sucker for a 72 Gran Torino Sport!

No, you're just a certified sucker! :shades:

I like the Montego better myself, possibly because my first car was a '73 Montego. Very hard to find a nice Montego GT anymore.

Looking forward to seeing this movie. A few weeks ago I heard this movie's title and wondered what it was going to be about. Man, Clint is looking old (being 78 will do that to you) but I have to say I hope to be in half as good of shape as he's in when I'm his age.

No, you're just a certified sucker! :shades:

I like the Montego better myself, possibly because my first car was a '73 Montego. Very hard to find a nice Montego GT anymore.

Looking forward to seeing this movie. A few weeks ago I heard this movie's title and wondered what it was going to be about. Man, Clint is looking old (being 78 will do that to you) but I have to say I hope to be in half as good of shape as he's in when I'm his age.

LOL!!! Hey, I love 73 Montego's too. And GTS's. Nice to hear from ya Paul. :hysterical:

SHWWIIIINGGGGG!!!!! It's is my all time favorite color too..... Ivy Glow metallic!!!! I love this movie aready.....great Ford car...Clint as a reluctant hero.....two thumbs WAAAAAAY up!

I had a '73 Gran Torino Sport in that color. Loved it! I don't have any pics but this one looks just like it:

2613085_2_full.jpg

I was a bit too young to take much interest in cars at the time but my mother actually had a Gran Torino until I was about 5, - it's the first vehicle I have clear memories of riding in. No idea what model it was or what engine was in it, but it was two-tone with brown on the bottom and a lighter tan faux-vynil top. It was designed so that it wouldn't start if there was a front seat passenger without a seatbelt, but we were pretty naive about saftey features at the time so we used to pull the belts out, start the car, then release them & ride without :hysterical:. Despite this, and frequent hundred-mile highway drives on an old van seat sitting totally unsecured in the bed of an F-150, my sister and I somehow managed to survive our childhoods...

I don't have any audio on my work computer, so I could only watch it Charlie Chaplain style. Without sound, I can't really see this movie having anything to do with a Gran Torino other than it's parked in the driveway.

Of course, maybe there's a soundbite that I'm missing that ties it in.

That being said, we have a local Torino that comes to our dealership all the time. Car is amazing!

It's all blacked out with some real subtle ghost flames. Top notch paint, perfect fitment and lines, and a big block you could eat off of. One of the nicest cars I've seen around....

Wow - this it too cool! While the '72 and later Torino's where heavy cars, IMO they were better made than most GM and way better built than Chryco cars of the seventies. Those big frame less doors closed with a nice "click" rather than the slam-crash of a GM door of that era. Of course they also suffered from overly boosted power steeting and soft springs.

Nice to see Clint recognize an under appreciated car that was Ford's last generation of Muscles cars.

Wow - this it too cool! While the '72 and later Torino's where heavy cars, IMO they were better made than most GM and way better built than Chryco cars of the seventies. Those big frame less doors closed with a nice "click" rather than the slam-crash of a GM door of that era. Of course they also suffered from overly boosted power steeting and soft springs.

Nice to see Clint recognize an under appreciated car that was Ford's last generation of Muscles cars.

I'm surpised he didn't use a 1972 Ford LTD! :hysterical:

Looks pretty good. Covers some interesting issues. I'm not a fan of boats like the GT, Clint could still whip some asses, so it may be entertaining. Seems to be a strong theme on the surrendering of freedoms later in life.

Honestly, when Clint passes on, an era of Hollywood will be over. Leading men today seem like such wusses and pretty-boys compared to Clint, with some rare exceptions (Ford, Crowe, Willis, Jackson, Chiklis, Gandolfini).

I guess I am getting older. If I see one more movie where the tough leading guy is some skinny slacker with a hood-shirt and a bob haircut, I'm gonna puke.

Edited by the_spaniard

This is a link to my 72 Gran Torino Sport

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepjcaa/

That's not a '72, it's a '73.

The grille on a '72 is oval, the front bumper wraps up at the corners.

The grille on the '73 is square, the bumper sticks out like the one pictured in your link.

I had 2 72's, a coupe with the vinyl top (my first car) and a '72 Sport with the fastback sport roof that I hand rebuilt from the frame up. This is what a '72 looks like (this is not mine though)

Edit: I had a look through your site, you have the pic as a '73 but you imply that you're turning it into a '72 (replica, I suppose you could say). But you don't have any pics of the finished project. Looks pretty good so far though.

post-7947-1225417902_thumb.jpg

Edited by OAC_Sparky

Yes; it will have a 72 front clip on it and I just call it a 72 because I get tired of explaing it :D

This is my 3rd 72-73 Torino that has been built from the ground up. When I get done with the car I will post pics.

I looked at your site...pretty damn impressive....do you have any pics of the car completed??