Do you find the new Fusion to be... bland?

What exactly are they, I looked at a picture of the LS, but still don't really understand what they are?

You mean this one (attached)?

I wish they had kept the old rear .. I like it way better

and the old bumper - I know why they change it, but I liked the old one better as well - it just flowed better

Igor

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again not bland and the back actually looks very upscale when you look at it from the back/side view. edit: pic is from ffc.com

post-27638-1227405668_thumb.jpg

Unless the order guide that was posted here a while back is wrong the new base fusion doesnt have cruise control. someone please tell me that it is wrong. the base fusion has it 3.5 years ago.

Edited by blazerdude20

What exactly are they, I looked at a picture of the LS, but still don't really understand what they are?

You mean this one (attached)?

Its where your hole hand, can wrap around the "pull" rather than a "cup" where 2-3 fingers cup into, to be able to pull it closed. Really, nothing revolutionary that hasn't been used before. Its embarassing they used such an item to highlight.

oh and the back of the fusion looks so much better in person. the whole ford section was so much more lively than the gm and chrysler sections. when we were walking through the gm area my dad said, "its so sad that you can feel the desperation." and thats exactly how i felt. but it was good to see the ford section so nicely put together for once.

Lol. As desperate to bash as ever.

Yeah I noticed his comments. Why does he think that the G8 is in the same class as the Fusion? Duh. The G8 is a good car, but hardly what I would call a sales success. Remember how he would bash the Taurus for sales however the G8 is a car "done right" and it is selling worse then the Taurus. Oh well he can get a cheap G8 when Pontiac is having their Going Out of Business Sale.

After seeing what Ford was able to do with the Fusion I will be excited to see the new Taurus!

Yeah I noticed his comments. Why does he think that the G8 is in the same class as the Fusion? Duh. The G8 is a good car, but hardly what I would call a sales success. Remember how he would bash the Taurus for sales however the G8 is a car "done right" and it is selling worse then the Taurus. Oh well he can get a cheap G8 when Pontiac is having their Going Out of Business Sale.

After seeing what Ford was able to do with the Fusion I will be excited to see the new Taurus!

how do you know thats p71?

again not bland and the back actually looks very upscale when you look at it from the back/side view. edit: pic is from ffc.com

post-27638-1227405668_thumb.jpg

Unless the order guide that was posted here a while back is wrong the new base fusion doesnt have cruise control. someone please tell me that it is wrong. the base fusion has it 3.5 years ago.

You know, I just noticed there's no chrome taillight surround.

Its where your hole hand, can wrap around the "pull" rather than a "cup" where 2-3 fingers cup into, to be able to pull it closed. Really, nothing revolutionary that hasn't been used before. Its embarassing they used such an item to highlight.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. I thought you were talking about the release handle, not the pull handle. That is sad that they highlighted that.

I don't remember seeing any speculation on the Fusion after autocosmos revealed the in house rendering. Are you thinking of the taurus spy shot?

2010-ford-taurus-spy-photo.jpg

No...I went on a whole different rant about that one at the time. :hysterical:

No, the Fusion one I saw was blue, a shot from the front only, and a whole lot less gillette going on.

I'll have to go back and see if I can dig it up on here. :stats:

No...I went on a whole different rant about that one at the time. :hysterical:

No, the Fusion one I saw was blue, a shot from the front only, and a whole lot less gillette going on.

I'll have to go back and see if I can dig it up on here. :stats:

Can't say that I remember seeing that picture, at least from your description.

Is that all it is? Yeah. What's the big deal?

Edited by NickF1011

I was just downstairs here at Canadian HQ in Oakville and there are three Fusions in the showroom; an SEL, a Sport and a Hybrid.

The car looks MUCH, MUCH better in person than what shows in the photos on-line. When I saw the first photos of the 2010 Fusion, I agree with a number of people that the oversized grill kind of turned me off. But, to see the car in person, I know a lot of the naysayers will be very impressed.

In my opinion the Fusion has taken a step up in class with this re-freshing both outside and inside. The new front and back ends really set the car off in a very nice way. The new instrument panel and interior lighting standout with the new blue lighting and the updated centre stack is a huge improvement. Soft touch materials and fit and finish is top drawer. You can see a lot of Ford Europe's influence in this refresh.

I'm guessing it's an accidental emission: SE models list "redundant steering wheel cruise controls" as an added feature over the S, NOT cruise control in general. So it sounds to me they're assuming cruise control is a feature already present.