Ford November 2008 Sales Figures & Results

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He'll start talking about the need to divest Mazda. Then, after they sell Mazda, he'll insist they sell Ford of Europe to BMW or SAIC. :rolleyes:

Some of you guys just can't stand there and let things go. It seems if you are not bitching about somebody not smoking from the Ford crack pipe then you want to kick them out.

Give me a break-it was a statement.

Volvo is a mess. They have had control of that company for 8 years? I agree that it gets more like saab every day. They obviously recognize that and have decided to sell it-which is great-just dumbfounded where things have gone with the brand.

Glad to see their sales rebound. The dealer's that I talk to have been moving a lot of trucks, expeditions, explorers-all product that dried up when gas was $4/ gallon.

Some of you guys just can't stand there and let things go. It seems if you are not bitching about somebody not smoking from the Ford crack pipe then you want to kick them out.

Volvo is a mess. They have had control of that company for 8 years? I agree that it gets more like saab every day. They obviously recognize that and have decided to sell it-which is great-just dumbfounded where things have gone with the brand.

Glad to see their sales rebound. The dealer's that I talk to have been moving a lot of trucks, expeditions, explorers-all product that dried up when gas was $4/ gallon.

You obviously have not seen any of TStag's posts on other threads in regards to Volvo. It goes beyond any sort of bitching or cheerleading extremes.

LOL more and more like Saab everday? I haven't seen any other badge engineered Volvo under Ford's helm, nor are there any Volvos that have been around since 1996 without a major refresh.

I suppose if Volvo offered up cheap leases such as BMW, Audi and MB the brand would have been A O K

Edited by Michael Reynolds

LOL more and more like Saab everday? I haven't seen any other badge engineered Volvo under Ford's helm, nor are there any Volvos that have been around since 1996 without a major refresh.

I suppose if Volvo offered up cheap leases such as BMW, Audi and MB the brand would have been A O K

The reference to saab is that volvo is becoming a smaller niche player all the time. Kind of worrisome because it is not even on the consumers mind. And they have offered some very good leases on the S80.

The Flex - a car that so many on here said was going to be the next big thing. Hmmm. First they blamed the fuel crisis, and now what, the down turn?

I feel cars like the Flex are a complete waste of money. If Ford is serious about fixing it's problems it needs to get all the basic right. Rather than design the Flex, why didn't Ford NA focus on a MINI rival when the MINI Mk2 came to America and proved a sucess? The Flex was always a gamble one that's not paying off.

Ford needs to focus on what it's brands do well. Why not treat Mustang as a seperate brand and develop a range of cars around that name. A 4 door would be a great idea and it should be sent to Europe. If BMW managed Mustang by now you would have upteen versions of it and it would be smashing sales records everywhere. But no build a Flex instead.

Why develop a Flex which costs a fortune and wears the Ford badge. Why not design a great Lincoln instead? If Ford really want to fix Volvo give it some new models, XC60 is a good start, but where are all the other new models?

The reference to saab is that volvo is becoming a smaller niche player all the time. Kind of worrisome because it is not even on the consumers mind. And they have offered some very good leases on the S80.

SAAB only make about 2 models. If you do a like for like comparison with Volvo then the sales numbers aren't vastly different. That's really scary stuff for Volvo. I hope they don't become irrelevant but they are heading that way and I don't see how they can quickly/ easily fix things.

I don't know if you have followed the demise of Woolworths in the UK, but one of the reasons it went under was because consumers no longer knew what it was there for. What is Volvo for? It's a scarily similar problem in admitedly a different business sector....

The Flex - a car that so many on here said was going to be the next big thing. Hmmm. First they blamed the fuel crisis, and now what, the down turn?

I feel cars like the Flex are a complete waste of money. If Ford is serious about fixing it's problems it needs to get all the basic right. Rather than design the Flex, why didn't Ford NA focus on a MINI rival when the MINI Mk2 came to America and proved a sucess? The Flex was always a gamble one that's not paying off.

Ford needs to focus on what it's brands do well. Why not treat Mustang as a seperate brand and develop a range of cars around that name. A 4 door would be a great idea and it should be sent to Europe. If BMW managed Mustang by now you would have upteen versions of it and it would be smashing sales records everywhere. But no build a Flex instead.

Why develop a Flex which costs a fortune and wears the Ford badge. Why not design a great Lincoln instead? If Ford really want to fix Volvo give it some new models, XC60 is a good start, but where are all the other new models?

Mustang would be a massive hit in Europe, but the buzz word at Ford is "NO CAN DO" at the moment.

You see what I'm talking about, Kyle?

The guy displays an instinct for the business that I thought died along with British Leyland.

So by your reasoning BMW were wrong to develop a MINI estate. Aston Martin are fools to make the Rapide, Porsche and the Panemera? Just idiots right?

Mustang would be a massive hit in Europe, but the buzz word at Ford is "NO CAN DO" at the moment.

Well "No can do" is probably something they got off Richard. Maybe Ford bosses think it's too "BL"

Also see "no can do" European Ford designs in the USA. Wait strike that consumers want smaller more fuel efficient cars..... wait how long has MINI been sold in the USA....

I wonder if the USA will say "no can do" to America's big 3?

"no can do" the one thing you never say in business.

Edited by TStag

So by your reasoning BMW were wrong to develop a MINI estate. Aston Martin are fools to make the Rapide, Porsche and the Panemera? Just idiots right?

1) BMW invented Mini out of whole cloth. That vehicle had been dead for 30 years when it was resurrected. They can do pretty much whatever they want with it, as long as it's tiny.

2) Aston Martin has a history of offering sedans (most recently the very strange Lagonda).

3) The Panamera isn't on the market, and YES, I think they're making a HUGE mistake with it.