LINCOLN CONCEPT C

I think Ford goes over the top to test peoples likes and dislikes then tones things down and utilizes strengths...check out the roofline and rear end of the new Taurus in comparison with the Interceptor CONCEPT....

What exactly is this 'testing" though? Americans' taste for hideously out of proportion ass-ends? It pushes absolutely no boundaries in front end styling, so there's nothing to be gained from that end of it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one word...Concept...may never see the light of day....

Of course it's a concept, but concepts are there to show design ideas, and show direction. I don't see one nice design cue or line on the whole car. Quite the opposite.

Lincoln seems to be going overboard with their grill design. Every new product they showcase seems to have the grill get bigger and bigger. I don't even know where to start in critiquing the rest of the car.

I guess I like the wheels... :happy feet:

What exactly is this 'testing" though? Americans' taste for hideously out of proportion ass-ends? It pushes absolutely no boundaries in front end styling, so there's nothing to be gained from that end of it.

remeber the renault 5 turbo........YEHAH!

Of course it's a concept, but concepts are there to show design ideas, and show direction. I don't see one nice design cue or line on the whole car. Quite the opposite.

Lincoln seems to be going overboard with their grill design. Every new product they showcase seems to have the grill get bigger and bigger. I don't even know where to start in critiquing the rest of the car.

I guess I like the wheels... :happy feet:

agreed on the Baleen look, starting to get "long in the tooth...."....

agreed on the Baleen look, starting to get "long in the tooth...."....

The only ones that look bad are the ones where the grille extends too far down the bumper. The new grille looks great on the MKS and MKZ where it only extends a traditional distance down the front fascia. In vehicles like the Concept C and MKT, the grille is just too tall.

The only ones that look bad are the ones where the grille extends too far down the bumper. The new grille looks great on the MKS and MKZ where it only extends a traditional distance down the front fascia. In vehicles like the Concept C and MKT, the grille is just too tall.

they need to tone it down a tad on SOME of the lineup....in your face works for performance models for sure, but should be a little more "agressive"....so called "luxury" models should be a little more understated and "jewel like " to differentiate, as it sits they seem lost between distinctive and classy...and like their drop down lights just being plonked on everything....

they need to tone it down a tad on SOME of the lineup....in your face works for performance models for sure, but should be a little more "agressive"....so called "luxury" models should be a little more understated and "jewel like " to differentiate, as it sits they seem lost between distinctive and classy...and like their drop down lights just being plonked on everything....

It's almost a case of the Cadillac disease. Find something that works on one vehicle (CTS) and instantly plaster it on every other vehicle in the lineup, forcing it to work on body shapes that really don't support it (Escalade, SRX, XLR).

It's almost a case of the Cadillac disease. Find something that works on one vehicle (CTS) and instantly plaster it on every other vehicle in the lineup, forcing it to work on body shapes that really don't support it (Escalade, SRX, XLR).

Bingo....or three bar grills.....

Bingo....or three bar grills.....

At least Ford is demonstrating now that it can be flexible on what it defines as a 3 bar grille and a "Ford" design in general. They need to show the same flexibility with the new Lincoln design direction. So far, they don't seem to be doing that. Yes, hang on to something that tells us it's a Lincoln, but it doesn't need to look like the same vehicle over and over again in my rearview mirror.

Some of the things I do see this concept bringing is:

- based on C2 Focus platform

- 1.6 Ecoboost brings 180 hp/180 lbft and approx. 43 mpg on highway.

- lower side sections of the car up to the wheel arches has no tumble home, a feature of C2 Focus?

- enough internal width for three adults front and rear, C2 width increased to Fusion width?

Edited by jpd80

I actually do not think it is that bad. I do think it would serve better as a Mercury than a Lincoln, especially if Mercury is to become the "scion" brand of Ford. Design has to move forward and evolve at some point. There may not be a lot of FoMoCo heritage here, but it may be what it takes to capture some of the 75%+ of the total American market share that does not belong to Ford Motor.

So let me get this straight, They take the time to "design" this abomination and come up with the MKT but the production MKR is nowhere to be found? Brilliant!

How about the Interceptor, the Messenger, the Continental concept? Hell, even the Meta one?

They can't even rebadge a Mustang and give us a Cougar again, but this????

I am depressed

How about the Interceptor, the Messenger, the Continental concept? Hell, even the Meta one?

They can't even rebadge a Mustang and give us a Cougar again, but this????

I am depressed

I couldnt agree more, this thing is an abomination! I cant even look at it, nothing can fix that.

COME ON FORD WAKE UP!!! WHERE IS MY COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!