LINCOLN CONCEPT C

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it as a "concept" and can see the potential this has when translated to production form. I would buy a c car from Lincoln.

The fact that a C car exists in a Lincoln showroom might just be enough to deter me from buying a CD or D car from Lincoln. This will do nothing but cheapen an already cheapened brand.

The fact that a C car exists in a Lincoln showroom might just be enough to deter me from buying a CD or D car from Lincoln. This will do nothing but cheapen an already cheapened brand.

So since Audi has an A3 or A4, that would prevent you from buying a A8 or R8 from them?

Anyways...this car is just Hidious no matter what way cut it...unless you chop the ass end off.

So since Audi has an A3 or A4, that would prevent you from buying a A8 or R8 from them?

Anyways...this car is just Hidious no matter what way cut it...unless you chop the ass end off.

If Audi would have launched the A3 when they were as low on the totum pole as Lincoln currently is, yeah, it would have turned me off of them too. My point is, you can't aim this low until you've aimed higher with your top-rung products. And well, honestly, I do think that cars like the A3 and BMW 1-series tarnish their respective brands more than it helps them. The 318ti is still a laughing stock in BMW circles for being "the BMW for people who can't afford a BMW". I mean how freaking sad would it be to own "the Lincoln for people who can't afford a Lincoln" when even the "good" Lincolns aren't really all that stupendous compared to some other luxury makes?

As an 11 year Lincoln Mercury Salesman and Manager, I really have to say how disappointed I am in this vehicle. This is just another slap in the face for those of us who have remained loyal, hoping for a return of a truly world class product. Say what you will about the styling, but at least the MKS and MKT are somewhat competitive in the market. But I was really hoping for something signaling the desire of Ford to return Lincoln/Mercury to true greatness. This C thing is an absolute travesty, and the lack so far of anything from Mercury leads me to believe we have been placed on the back burner for good, and what will follow is a long slow road to extinction.

David Hasselhoff sells well in parts of Europe also. Just keep that in mind when you compare the US to Europe from now on. :)

:hysterical::hysterical:

Well, let's just hope that the designers are reading some of the backlash in hopes of gauging the public opinion this week.

That thing is horrible, and as posted above, I feel sorry for Lincoln dealers for hoping.

How do you nail the Taurus in one breath, and shit this out in the next? Bad Ford.

Aside from looking like ass, the ergonomics look horrible on this thing too. Look how low the door handles are. You'd have a bad back within days if you had to drive this thing every day.

Maybe if this thing was scaled up about 2 times in almost every dimension it might not look too bad, but its C-car roots give this thing downright awful proportions from every direction.

Aside from looking like ass, the ergonomics look horrible on this thing too. Look how low the door handles are. You'd have a bad back within days if you had to drive this thing every day.

Maybe if this thing was scaled up about 2 times in almost every dimension it might not look too bad, but its C-car roots give this thing downright awful proportions from every direction.

one word...Concept...may never see the light of day....

I think you're the only person that realises that.

No, the rest of us get it. What we don't get is why Ford wasted money and effort on this pile of dog doo when there are so many other places within the company starving for funds.

What happened to Mulally's mandate of no more concept cars that don't hint at production vehicles? And if this is sticking to that mandate, God help us all, because Lincoln is screwed.

I think you're the only person that realises that.

I think Ford goes over the top to test peoples likes and dislikes then tones things down and utilizes strengths...check out the roofline and rear end of the new Taurus in comparison with the Interceptor CONCEPT....