LINCOLN CONCEPT C

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butt Ugly....can you say modern day Edsel?

Found this response on another forum....wish I could take credit

- We are dedicated to preserving and expanding the Mercury brand and it's line up with...

- No you're not.

- We are TOO! We will give them smaller cars so that they'll complement Lincoln...

- No you won't Alan.

- YES WE WILL!!!

- Stop it.

- ( puts fingers in ears ) WE WILL GIVE THEM SMALLER AND FUEL EFFICIENT CARS, AND THE PEOPLE WILL BUY THEM, AND THAT JILL WOMAN WILL SELL THEM AND LOOK HOT IN PHOTOS FOR THEM, AND..

- Then why did you just present a C segment Lincoln concept?

- MERCURY IS NOT DEAD, IT WILL LIVE ON AND ON AND ON AND wait... what?

- The Lincoln C concept ( shifts computer screen so that Alan can see )

- That's a Megane. OH SHIT!

- What?

- The grille.

- What about it.

- It's a Lincoln.

- Yeah.

- Is it new? It kinda looks early 2000s-ish.

- Brand new, just revealed.

- Oh... ( pauses, awkward silence ) That Jill woman is still pretty hot though.

- Yes, yes she is.

- Maybe she could still work for Lincoln.

- Meh, maybe... What about Mercury?

- Who?

- Yup, that's what i thought.

The only ones that look bad are the ones where the grille extends too far down the bumper. The new grille looks great on the MKS and MKZ where it only extends a traditional distance down the front fascia. In vehicles like the Concept C and MKT, the grille is just too tall.

Yes, they are taking the Lincoln grille way too far, it's far too deep on the MKT and a little too far on the MKZ. I'm mortified they are going to do this to the MKX face lift. The MKS got it right, and that's about the only car that has. Just like the Fusion and Edge got the three bar grille right, but the Taurus, Taurus X, Flex, etc... did not.

I personally like the fact the Ford is willing to push the envelope and see what kind of reaction they will get, honestly, this concept would probably be accepted by the younger set and women as well (no offense ladies and young-uns) But I would love to see what this would look like as a Mercury with a waterfall grille and a redesigned roof line with a rear quarter window treatment similar to the 83-86 Cougar (just don't call it Cougar though!!!)

Thoughts??

post-25287-1231816807_thumb.jpg

Edited by twintornados

Kudos to Ford for creating the C. IMHO, the second set of pictures indicate that it has to be seen to be properly appreciated.

The rear appears to be a reprise of late 30's sedans.

Consider that it is not created for anybody who visits BON or buys car mags of any kind. Maybe they get CR and AAA's efforts. They don't need to pack 3 or 4 sets of golf clubs into the trunk. For that kind of demographic, maybe it's a small Town Car indeed.

Maybe there's a market, but I doubt it. Anyway, the lack of a B-pillar probably means it couldn't meet collision regs.

Is that one of those pure-electric gated senior community numbers?

Maybe it'd be okay in that context.

It's a little too avant-garde to compete with typical sedans IMO. But that same

avante-garde attribute could work in its favor if it debuted as a pure electric.

However; I can't see that representing America's finest on the open highway

going toe-to-toe with import sport sedans (assumed competition based on $).:nonono:

Edited by joihan777

Personally, I like the C. I like to see stylists stretch and to try something totally different. That's why auto companies hire these guys, to look into the future.

The C also appears to be a hit with the iPod crowd, the 20 year olds that don't frequent car forums and look at vehicles, and design, differently from the hardened and conservative BON crowd.

Personally, I like the C. I like to see stylists stretch and to try something totally different. That's why auto companies hire these guys, to look into the future.

The C also appears to be a hit with the iPod crowd, the 20 year olds that don't frequent car forums and look at vehicles, and design, differently from the hardened and conservative BON crowd.

What 20 year old can afford a Lincoln? Even a C-car Lincoln? If this concept should have had any badges, it should have been Ford. Lincoln doesn't need to and shouldn't be pandering to that demographic.

Now, I admit, when I woke up yesterday and saw :THIS: I was bothered... but reading press reaction, as well as the reaction of family and coworkers, I think this could be okay. I don't get why it's a Lincoln and not a Mercury, but that could be more writing on the wall for the big M. Looking at it a second time, and trying to picture a realistic interior and revised rear end, I think it's cool. It could work...

Well...I like the idea of a small Lincoln, but god this thing is ugly.

You know how everyone b!tch & moan how the concept is watered down by the time it hits production? Well, maybe they can take this thing and put it under the waterfall and seriously wash out the ugly out.

Go ahead Lincoln. I dare you. May as well fold up the brand now. :banghead:

What 20 year old can afford a Lincoln? Even a C-car Lincoln? If this concept should have had any badges, it should have been Ford. Lincoln doesn't need to and shouldn't be pandering to that demographic.

Gotta say l agree with you Nick.

Lincoln should be building something sophisticated for the mature entrepreneur international globe trotter, what do you think of this it's a real head turner with roof-rack.

0.jpg

Does more for me than the Concept C.

It would do more good for a Lincolns green credentials than the Concept C that only returns 40 MPG, the plastic pig makes a Prius hybrid look like a gas guzzling Lexus it returns 60-100 UK MPG, the body does not rot like a Lincoln Concept C bodyshell does, it's kinder to the environment it only uses three tyres & you don't have all those nasty environmentally unfriendly batteries to dispose of like the hybrid Prius uses. Maybe it could do with a bit of updating like use real leopard skin rather than faux upholstery & fluffy dice for the suave debonair upwardly mobile Lincoln buyer.