• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Autoblog: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/12/detroit...ncoln-in-brand/

2010-lincoln-mkt-stock-images0000_optab.jpg

lincoln-concept-c-rear-580.jpg

Nice. Really nice.

All they really need to do is raise the back porch up so that it's only an inch or so below the window. The taillight strip would then be flatter, the rear badge wouild be on the curved part, and the side shoulder line would then angle down to it's current location on the front fenders.

Anyone with photochopping skills want to give it a try?

Edit - Oh, yeah, put the door handles in a more reasonable place, too.

Edited by syrtran

combining 2 unrelated Mercury ideas from one of my ideal lineups...

just call it the "C"

(or maybe "C2" or whatever they wind up calling the nextgen Focus platform)

badge it as "Lincoln-Mercury"

(tho not sure you could use the Star logo then)

(( oh oh, could this be an excuse to redesign Mercury's logo too?!? ))

------------------------

maybe advertise it as

a (little) taste of Lincoln at Mercury prices

Lincoln doesn't compete with Scion, or at least I hope they haven't lowered themselves to that level... :speedie:

What's important is what was hidden under this turd..

Featuring a 1.6-liter EcoBoost engine and Ford's all-new dry, dual-clutch PowerShift six-speed transmission, Lincoln C achieves a projected 43 mpg on the highway, while offering up an estimated 180 horsepower and 180 ft.-lbs. of torque. That's a nearly 25 percent fuel-economy improvement over Lincoln C's fuel-sipping C-car cousin, the Ford Focus, which currently delivers unsurpassed highway fuel economy in its segment when equipped with a 2.0-liter naturally aspirated engine.

==========

The Lincoln C concept also features Ford's dual-clutch PowerShift six-speed transmission, which delivers the efficiency of a manual with the ease of operation of a premium automatic transmission.

Compared to traditional automatic four-speed transmissions, PowerShift can help reduce fuel consumption by up to 9 percent depending on the application. PowerShift, for example, contributes to an estimated 8 percent uptick in Lincoln C's fuel efficiency when compared to the current Focus.

"The Lincoln C application of PowerShift helps illustrate the competitive advantage this transmission will offer to Ford in the global small car markets," said Jack Dorigo, North America Powertrain Planning manager. "It's a new-to-segment technology that's an improvement over today's automatic transmissions in terms of fuel economy while providing customers a more connected feel between the pedal and the vehicle's acceleration."

=================

Lincoln C weighs in at 2,750 lbs. due to a number of light-weighting measures, including the transmission. PowerShift, unlike conventional automatic transmissions, does not need the pound-adding torque converter or planetary gears. In addition, the dry-clutch derivative eliminates the need for the weighty pumps, hydraulic fluids, cooling lines and external coolers that wet clutch transmissions require. As a result, the dry-clutch PowerShift transmission showcased on the Lincoln C is nearly 30 pounds lighter than the four-speed automatic transmission featured on today's Focus.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/12/detroit...ncoln-in-brand/

All they really need to do is raise the back porch up so that it's only an inch or so below the window. The taillight strip would then be flatter, the rear badge wouild be on the curved part, and the side shoulder line would then angle down to it's current location on the front fenders.

I did an earlier chop, but here's some.......

I'm appreciating thew design more and more. And "compact luxury" is not unprecidented at Lincoln. The 61 Continental (after the 58-60 Mark V) comes to mind.

cddd-1.jpg

ccc22e-1.jpg

17.jpg

I think that would work.

I did an earlier chop, but here's some.......

I'm appreciating thew design more and more. And "compact luxury" is not unprecidented at Lincoln. The 61 Continental (after the 58-60 Mark V) comes to mind.

cddd-1.jpg

ccc22e-1.jpg

17.jpg

I like them all, but the third one fixes what I thought was wrong with the concept. I don't mind that at all.

I saw it in person today; I didn't think it looked that bad, I just wish Lincoln would put more differentiation into their new front in their concepts. I still have no desire to see a Mini sized Lincoln in production though.

The MKT is every bit as stunning as the concept was. There is nothing like it on the road.

Edited by V8 Ford

I saw it in person today; I didn't think it looked that bad, I just wish Lincoln would put more differentiation into their new front in their concepts. I still have no desire to see a Mini sized Lincoln in production though.

The MKT is every bit as stunning as the concept was. There is nothing like it on the road.

I'm getting a bit tired of the Lincoln show cars, they've had the same face....that they don't use, and they keep showing us suicide doors, that they don't use. As much as I like the purer designed show cars IMHO the MKC could use some intervention to a "conventional" car.

post-19198-1232480758_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmm55

I'm getting a bit tired of the Lincoln show cars, they've had the same face....that they don't use, and they keep showing us suicide doors, that they don't use. As much as I like the purer designed show cars IMHO the MKC could use some intervention to a "conventional" car.

Nice work, that turns it from ugly to not bad.

Ok, you can add me to the "like it" side of the Concept C if it looked like Tim's chop (left).

• 3 months later...