Lincoln MKT Pricing

ANTAUS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may've been a bit better.....they could've removed a few of those goodies to lower the price a bit, such as the Vista roof.

I agree on that one. A Moon/Vista roof is something I definitely DON'T want on a vehicle. It irks me that Ford is bundling the moonroof with their premium sound systems (Moon and Tune package) on many of their vehicles.

I agree on that one. A Moon/Vista roof is something I definitely DON'T want on a vehicle. It irks me that Ford is bundling the moonroof with their premium sound systems (Moon and Tune package) on many of their vehicles.

Honda has done it for years. Want Accord EX but dont want a sunroof? Sorry better get a LX and add wheels and leather etc...

I looked at a Acura TL years ago, and the only options are Navi or not. Type S or Regular.

Can you get a MDX with out a moonroof?

I know someone that hates heated seats, but her honda came with it cause she wanted Navi.

I think its cheaper to just make them with less choices and also attempts to justify those high prices

Any sort of glass in the roof dramatically increases resale value of vehicles, Ford is pushing very hard to make sure they sell as many of their cars with moon roofs and premium sound systems as possible. If I were you, I would learn to love the Moonroof ;). Besides, if you don't like it, the shade completely obscures it.

Edited by BORG

Any sort of glass in the roof dramatically increases resale value of vehicles, Ford is pushing very hard to make sure they sell as many of their cars with moon roofs and premium sound systems as possible. If I were you, I would learn to love the Moonroof ;). Besides, if you don't like it, the shade completely obscures it.

Off topic but BORG how did you make out with your wheel?

Off topic but BORG how did you make out with your wheel?

I haven't had the time to take it to the dealer. I'm waiting for them to call me about some warranty work I need done, my take off unit is leaking fluid on the manifold and they have to take it apart and replace the seal. They have a TSB about an overfill at the factory on that unit. When I take it in, I'll have them look at it.

vistaroof standard on MKT:

Sunroofs are standard past a certain point. Customer feedback was probably pretty one-sided on this. Or at least so one-sided that it didn't make sense to engineer (and buy the dies for) a sheetmetal roof, or a sheetmetal roof with a standard size sunroof.

Isn't the standard Vista Roof fixed though?

Sunroof is just a glass panel. If it opens fully it's a moonroof. You'd know that if you grew up during a period when there was a difference.

actually not sure that is accurate , sunroof is metal to keep the sun out, moonroof is glass so one can see the moon at night...at least that is how we were told to interpret when booking a vehicle out...kinda funny really....

The Flex and MKT are both overpriced in my opinion. Better to price them $5K less and not have to do with so many incentives which will be inevitable at this price.

even if they did that there would STILL be bleaters...and also, the public EXPECTS incentives...take them away and sales suffer....