fusion grille

the fusion has the ugliest grille ever.

when are they going to update that shiny plastic fusion grille to something that more closely resembles the 2010 taurus?

I wouldn't say ever, but I'm not a fan either. They seem to be taking the Acura route of making the grill too dominant for the rest of the car.

Guess that's what the Milan is for, but that bling bar above the (Milan's) grill is enough to repel me, as well. :banghead:

While I don't completely hate the 2010 Fusion's grille, I don't understand why they didn't try to create a stronger family look with the 2010 Taurus. After all they are both the same model year, what happened to consistency of purpose?

I think it boils down to this- The Taurus is a totally new tophat design that will be around longer then the 2010 Fusion. The 2010 Fusion is just a mid-cycle refresh that has to use previous gen styling cues as its base point. The Taurus already had the Dave look with the tribar grill when it was refreshed two years ago or so and needed some thing new...remember the new Taurus was pulled up a year or two faster then it was supposed to be.

The 2012 Fusion will have a grill similar to the new Taurus when it moves to the same platform as the Mondeo.

when are they going to update that shiny plastic fusion grille to something that more closely resembles the 2010 taurus?

IMHO, this is NOT the grill that Ford wants to turn into their marquee' look. It's not horrible, BUT the designers can do a whole lot better than that!

taurus%20lead%20sized.jpg

I can see the ad copy now:

"The new 2010 Ford Taurus! Not only does it get you from point A to point B in relative style and comfort, BUT IT ALSO HELPS YOU PREPARE MEALS! LOOK AT THIS! THE GRILL SLICES! AND IT DICES!"

grating-cheese.JPG

Disclaimer: Plate and block of cheese NOT included. Not recommended for use with Limberger or other olfactory-offensive cheeses

:lol:

-Ovaltine

While I don't completely hate the 2010 Fusion's grille, I don't understand why they didn't try to create a stronger family look with the 2010 Taurus. After all they are both the same model year, what happened to consistency of purpose?

I *like* both grilles

& also *like* the ExplorerAmerica's grille (actually *LOVE*)

& *like* the spyshots of the next SuperDuty, too

that said, imho the new Fusion could get an updated grille as soon as THIS FALL as part of an appearance pkg

& have it used across the line Next Year

(we Mercury fans have had (too) much practice in believing "as many as six impossible things before breakfast." )

Edited by 2b2

Since we're on the topic of Ford grillwork.....

THIS little "beauty" HAS to take the all time "WTF Were They Thinking?!?!" award.

Granted.... E-series vehicles don't normally sell on their good looks, but C'MON.... was there a contest going on at Ford for who can create the most ugliest front-end design?

2009_Ford_E-150.jpg

I MUCH prefer the grill on this oldie-but-goodie 1975 Ford "Cruisin'" van!

76fordvan.jpg

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

Since we're on the topic of Ford grillwork.....

THIS little "beauty" HAS to take the all time "WTF We're They Thinking?!?!" award.

Granted.... E-series vehicles don't normally sell on their good looks, but C'MON.... was there a contest going on at Ford for who can create the most ugliest front-end design?

2009-ford-e150.jpg

They were thinking of saving money by not developing a new grille!

ford-f-250-super-duty-titel.jpg

Both the old and new Fusion grille's are still better than the Subaru grilles. That flying vagina grille they had really was hideous. I forget one other current model still looks like crap.

Personally, I wasn't all that thrilled by the old grille on the Fusion. But it wasn't bad. Now the new one I like. Sportier looking to me.

Alan Mulally need to get the machine gun out and spray a few holes in it to give it better cooling.

Your right the Taurus grille brings tears to my eyes its soooooh good.

:hysterical:

Personally, I wasn't all that thrilled by the old grille on the Fusion. But it wasn't bad. Now the new one I like. Sportier looking to me.

I actually like the new Fusion grill better too. And I'm glad that the "ricer" bling on the back taillights is gone. But I still think the taillight design/shape could have been even better though.

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

IMHO, this is NOT the grill that Ford wants to turn into their marquee' look. It's not horrible, BUT the designers can do a whole lot better than that!

taurus%20lead%20sized.jpg

I can see the ad copy now:

"The new 2010 Ford Taurus! Not only does it get you from point A to point B in relative style and comfort, BUT IT ALSO HELPS YOU PREPARE MEALS! LOOK AT THIS! THE GRILL SLICES! AND IT DICES!"

grating-cheese.JPG

Disclaimer: Plate and block of cheese NOT included. Not recommended for use with Limberger or other olfactory-offensive cheeses

:lol:

-Ovaltine

For the full cheese grater look:

post-19198-1241549392_thumb.jpg

Wow. You had to use about the most unflattering photo of the '10 Taurus grille in existence. The lighting is horrible. The angle is horrible. The photography is horrible. Ford's press photos for it look far better.

Which is surprising given some of Ford's past press photos...... :lol:

They've all seemed to improve dramatically in the past year or so. They must have replaced whoever was shooting the old ones.

I know.......or the guy in charge of releasing them......Farley probably had a lot to do with it, no?