Ecoboost 1/4 Mile Times

BTW, why does someone always have to derail the thread by discussing politics?

I just saw numbers showing that the MKS EB may be able to run in the high 13s when it's all said and done. Right now that's much more appealing than kvetching about Washington and California.

... and it bodes well for the Taurus SHO.

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say it's a penalty because you don't need all that extra horsepower. You want the horsepower instead of the efficient? You may not have a Ford in the future because of this strategy. Even some at Ford think so.

You really dont need a car either do you? You could take a bus or train to work too...Its better to have the option for the engine then not to offer it

LINK

Keep shaking your pom-poms and drink some more high octane kool-aid. It may be your last glass.

Since when is someones Op-ed piece supposed to be factual?

In all seriousness, if you really do hate Ford as much as you make it out to be on here, why even work for them? Helps to be postive ya know....Hell I don't even work for them directly and I want to see them succede.

You know the funny thing is GM are now spruiking about the HCCI engine that gives

diesel like torque and economy with a gasoline based engine....

They hope to have it out in the next 10 years, good luck with that one GM.

Meanwhile at Ford, we have Twinforce, er...Ecoboost here and now.......

No, they aren't. A V6 that gets V8 performance put into a vehicle that doesn't need a V8 is TwinForce. A 4-cylinder that gets V6 performance, put into a vehicle that needs a V6 is Ecoboost.

2016 is going to be here before you know it. 5% mileage increase per year starting in 2011(I think). A drag car isn't going to meet the new mileage standards.

In some ways, I agree with what you're saying, I think Ford changed horses in mid stream.

I can understand V6 EB in F Truck, that's OK but Ford raced off with twin force in D3 to revitalize interest.

Releasing the Ecoboost V6 as a performance option in the D3s first confuses people's view of Ecoboost.

Maybe Ecoboost I-4s in Focus, Fusion, Escape and perhaps Ranger would have worked better but Ford decided to change all of these platforms in the near future and in doing so, snookered themselves.

Uniting FNA and Global platforms have blocked quick roll out of the Ecoboost I-4 engines that would

have stolen back market share for Ford. I only hope Ford can get on with the job quickly.

Is this what you're driving at Pioneer or am I wrong?

Edited by jpd80

Why no EB 4s?

You ain't gonna go to the trouble of fitting the powerpack (and there are likely significant packaging concerns with the EB engiens) around the engine bay constrictions of the CD3 Fusion & NA-spec Focus. The powerpack is designed for the the CD4 & C2 cars coming out starting next year.

Edited by RichardJensen

Why no EB 4s?

You ain't gonna go to the trouble of fitting the powerpack (and there are likely significant packaging concerns with the EB engiens) around the engine bay constrictions of the CD3 Fusion & NA-spec Focus. The powerpack is designed for the the CD4 & C2 cars coming out starting next year.

That's what I'm saying.

It's wasteful and not justified for the short term gain to design EB I-4s for

dead end platforms and then redo everything for the new ones.

In all seriousness, if you really do hate Ford as much as you make it out to be on here, why even work for them? Helps to be postive ya know....Hell I don't even work for them directly and I want to see them succede.

Helps to be positive, but it better to be realistic.

I don't hate Ford. I love Ford. I want Ford to succeed and be the best. Building rocket ships isn't the way to get there.

What auto company, right now, is the only one posting a profit in the United States? That's right, it's Honda. They don't go for flash. They don't mass produce cars Richard Petty would be proud of. They market high quality, reliable, and fuel efficient vehicles because that is what the market wants.

It would be better to emulate them at this point, than it is to emulate Chrysler (does that thing got a Hemi?), or GM (slap an SS badge on it and it will sell like hotcakes!). Gas is going to go back up. The government is mandating higher fuel economy. It sucks, but those are the cards that were delt. It's either time to ante up and play, or push away from the table and go home.

That's what I'm saying.

It's wasteful and not justified for the short term gain to design EB I-4s for

dead end platforms and then redo everything for the new ones.

I don't understand the bitchfest....first its WAHHHHHH, V8's are being fazed out, then its WAHHHHHH how come they didn't do 4 cylinders first....well THAY ARE COMING....and releasing the eco V6's first IS a little easier to deal with than going from, and accepting ,the dramatic swing from a V8 to a small boosted 4....so cry me a damn river, I see this as natural progression easier for the public to comprehend...AND THE 4"S ARE COMING...please write it down...plus Ford seems to be ahead of EVERYONE in adressing the issue....SHEESH! as for eco or Twinforce...who gives a rats...they ROCK!

Edited by Deanh

What auto company, right now, is the only one posting a profit in the United States? That's right, it's Honda. They don't go for flash. They don't mass produce cars Richard Petty would be proud of. They market high quality, reliable, and fuel efficient vehicles because that is what the market wants.

Honda lost more money than Ford in the last quarter.

Ugh. Yet another who doesn't seem to know what the 'A' in CAFE stands for. Individual CARS don't have to meet mileage standards. Only COMPANIES do. A few high-performance vehicles aren't going to ruin anyone's CAFE.

That is pure BS. What if it is a Drive-In Cafe? Can't have those muscel cars tearing up the parking lot scaring away the good paying customers!

Sometimes I really wish you knew what I was even talking about!!!

Peace and Blessings

It would be better to emulate them at this point, than it is to emulate Chrysler (does that thing got a Hemi?)

Good GRIEF pioneer, do the rest of us even need to be here?

You've been belting out this same one note symphony for the last year, and I'm beginning to think we should just put you in a box all by yourself so you can listen to yourself say the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, because it's OBVIOUS that you don't care what THE FACTS ARE. You're just going to go on belting out that "imitate Chrysler, imitate Chrysler, imitate Chrysler, imitate Chrysler" line like a demented parrot with a two word vocabulary.

GOOD GRIEF. Ford's models do BETTER than HONDA'S with barely an exception or two.

So SHUT UP already!

Edited by RichardJensen

You've been belting out this same one note symphony for the last year, and I'm beginning to think we should just put you in a box all by yourself so you can listen to yourself say the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, because it's OBVIOUS that you don't care what THE FACTS ARE. You're just going to go on belting out that "imitate Chrysler, imitate Chrysler, imitate Chrysler, imitate Chrysler" line like a demented parrot with a two word vocabulary.

GOOD GRIEF. Ford's models do BETTER than HONDA'S with barely an exception or two.

So SHUT UP already!

Pioneer wanna cracker?......jess kiddin....

I'm beginning to think we should just put you in a box all by yourself so you can listen to yourself say the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over,

That might be fun: Give the one-note symphonies a forum where only they can post, block them from the rest of the site, and see how long it takes them to get tired of their own voices.

That might be fun: Give the one-note symphonies a forum where only they can post, block them from the rest of the site, and see how long it takes them to get tired of their own voices.

I've got a few other candidates for that forum....

I'd think it should be doing better than 13.9 with that trap speed, especially with awd.

The numbers and trap times are already pretty good for a big luxury sedan.

Per edmunds:

E550: 13.5@104.4

550i: 13.8@102.5

V8 Hyundai: 14.1@101.1

I hope the Ford times are conservative (IE, no edmunds rollout), they just might have the fastest car in the class; a Lincoln of all things.

Edited by V8 Ford

The numbers and trap times are already pretty good for a big luxury sedan.

Per edmunds:

E550: 13.5@104.4

550i: 13.8@102.5

V8 Hyundai: 14.1@101.1

I hope the Ford times are conservative (IE, no edmunds rollout), they just might have the fastest car in the class; a Lincoln of all things.

BTW outside of the Hyundai (which is slower anyhow), the other vehicles listed weigh some 500 pounds or so less than the MKS.

So SHUT UP already!

The solution is really rather simple. Sodbuster is one of the few I have added to my ignore list.