Mustang Wins!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to get a copy or three of that one :) just saw the (MT?) three way comparison at the dentists office last week, Camaro won, but they said it was close- and everyone seemed in agreement the Challenger was the best looking of the three- just to heavy.

they had pegged the mustang as costing more than the camaro, which I found hard to believe, but the camaro optioned out was less costly...wish they woulda done basic plain Jane entry levels for comparison- in both V6 and V8 to see how they all compared...think still bang for the buck will always be a basic mustang gt.

"and everyone seemed in agreement the Challenger was the best looking of the three- just to heavy."

Well I guess looks really are subjective because I have seen numerous Challengers on the road, and I really don't find them that attractive, I especially don't care for the rear end. They are just too much an exact copy of an older version. I like how the Mustang takes styling cues from past models and incorporates them into a modern design.

Just my .02 cents.

They are just too much an exact copy of an older version.

Nah, the old ones looked good. The new Challenger looks like a bland, soulless, ultra pasteurized, slab sided, gelatinous version of the original.

The 2010 Mustang is just a sexy looking sumbitch.

Can you just imagine the arse whooping this pony would be handing out with a Coyote under the hood!! :shades: :shades: I was dissapointed the 5.0 didn't debut with the 10', kinda felt like they sat on their hands, knowing that their rivals cross town were gunning for them. That said, I've read nothing but rave reviews on the 2010, and now Car&Driver picks it over the other two. I still can't wait for the new 5.0 to get here,but, I say kudos to Ford for raising the Mustang bar!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

WTF is CD smoking again when making that comment about the Camaro's Interior?

Not to defend them, I think when they say that, the interior is different. That doesn't mean it's good. I'll have to read the article now. Besides, I think C/D is always on something.

Dencently good article, even though I'm not the biggest C&D fan. At least they took into account all factors of the ride, not just straightline, 0-60 times that most rags do and call it a day.

Like most, I can't wait for the 5.0L to arrive and give the Camaro and GM a big surprise. Just hope the Coyote is mated to a 6spd rather than, and like C&D stated, a 5spd.

Bet the Camaro fans, just like the Laker & Cav fans of late, are calling foul. It's hard to admit when you're getting beat by a better vehicle/team.

Lastly, the more and more I see of the Camaro interior, the more and more I hate it, think it looks horrible and lacks any style and looks like a typical GM plastic interior. Reminds me of those 90's Cavaliers & Sunbirds, whose defroster vents would pop out because they would warp in the sun. That's how cheap and cheesy I think the interior looks.

Just goes to show you how good Fod is at this whole car making business. No matter how wimpy the numbers look on paper or how underwhelming their updates appear to be, Ford knows what it's doing on the road. And they didn't have to go bankrupt to do it.

Edited by BORG

Lastly, the more and more I see of the Camaro interior, the more and more I hate it, think it looks horrible and lacks any style and looks like a typical GM plastic interior. Reminds me of those 90's Cavaliers & Sunbirds, whose defroster vents would pop out because they would warp in the sun. That's how cheap and cheesy I think the interior looks.

well the vents in my cavalier never popped out..... the dash cracked in half .... but the vents never came out.... GM quality.... :banghead:

Just goes to show you how good Ford is at this whole car making business. No matter how wimpy the numbers look on paper or how underwhelming their updates appear to be, Ford knows what it's doing on the road. And they didn't have to go bankrupt to do it.

That's why I continue to buy F150's. Sure I test what the other makes have to offer, but always seem to come back to the F150. They may not have the best #'s in power ratings, but overall the vehicle is much better built for its intended purpose.

well the vents in my cavalier never popped out..... the dash cracked in half .... but the vents never came out.... GM quality.... :banghead:

Well, consider yourself a lucky one, or is that unlucky since the vents stayed put, but the dash split. Then again I noticed this issue of vents popping out while I lived in PHX, AZ, so it could be the heat. But I still never saw this issue with any of the Fords around AZ.

I dunno they remind me the the dashes from 1980's that GM products had...with the rubber chicklet buttons on them

Can you just imagine the arse whooping this pony would be handing out with a Coyote under the hood!! :shades: :shades: I was dissapointed the 5.0 didn't debut with the 10', kinda felt like they sat on their hands, knowing that their rivals cross town were gunning for them. That said, I've read nothing but rave reviews on the 2010, and now Car&Driver picks it over the other two. I still can't wait for the new 5.0 to get here,but, I say kudos to Ford for raising the Mustang bar!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

from what I understand is the 5.0 will debut witha significant body restyle....the 2010 is a stopgap....

Better not be that long. This "stopgap" is supposed to run for at least 3 model years.

if so then they showed too much restraint....nice but bordering on perhaps too subtle...my fingers are crossed for the next iteration......

All i have heard, and may be rumblings is 2011 model is THE year....

If the '11 Mustang was going to be significantly redesigned, we would have seen a multitude of spy shots by now. As far as the Coyote goes, they could test that under the hood of the current car with no need for camouflage at all, which is what leads me to believe it will be seen in the current body style.

Every time I see the Camaro interior I can't help thinking of a Chevy Baretta which was also an Indy Pace Car.

Good lord I haven't heard or seen of a Beretta since roughly 1998. My friend from AZ was given one from his dad, and boy was that a POS. Of course the sedan version (Corsica) was no better.

Good lord I haven't heard or seen of a Beretta since roughly 1998. My friend from AZ was given one from his dad, and boy was that a POS. Of course the sedan version (Corsica) was no better.

Guy I knew years ago had a Beretta. It never needed an oil change. Just add a quart every couple hundred miles. The old oil would just leak out or burn off when it needed to be changed. :lol: