New Taurus excites Ford sales force

LOL WTF?

Well that, and then this....

Competition among mid-size sedans is found with the Nissan Maxima, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Chevrolet Malibu and Chrysler 300, said Kopp. Depending on options, the new 2010 Taurus will sell for $26,000 and up.

The Taurus itself is not midsize and neither is the 300/Maxima. Also I didn't realize it was July yet?

I hope Ford can sell enough of the new Taurus and Explorer to keep the Chicago factory busy. Otherwise, I question the future of the D3 platform. I want to see the interior specifications and how roomy it is compared to the current Taurus.

I hope Ford can sell enough of the new Taurus and Explorer to keep the Chicago factory busy. Otherwise, I question the future of the D3 platform.

A surprising decisions hasn't been made public yet but D3 is more than safe.

My sister told me this morning that the local Ford dealership was supposed to have a 2010 Taurus up there today, but forgot to tell me about it when she called this AM and then remembered when I talked to her again later in the afternoon! :P

I hope Ford can sell enough of the new Taurus and Explorer to keep the Chicago factory busy. Otherwise, I question the future of the D3 platform. I want to see the interior specifications and how roomy it is compared to the current Taurus.

There is now enough products based off the D3 that it's future is safe. There is no substitute. The EUCD and the Fusion are too small to replace these vehicles. The D3 will stay around until Ford develops a new replacement for it. Either a D4 or a GRWD. Sound like atleast 5 years away. They don't even have to start thinking about it for another 5 years.

Hmm, another D3...

Lets look at the brands:

Mercury: smaller vehicles is the stated future focus. D3 doesn't fit there. Unless it is another sable, I'd say nothing there...

Lincoln: Mks and Mkt already covered. Not much room for another there...

Ford: Taurus and Flex here. I believe that the new explorer is already announced as being D3 based. What does that leave?

My answer: There exists two possibilities, one, a large station wagon, like the country squire. The other is a minivan. Given Chrysler's problems, and their decent share of the minivan market up to this point, and GMs exit of that market, as well as VWs semi announcement that they are done with it; I have to think its a D3 based minivan. They now have a good engine and tranny combo as well.

My sister told me this morning that the local Ford dealership was supposed to have a 2010 Taurus up there today, but forgot to tell me about it when she called this AM and then remembered when I talked to her again later in the afternoon! :P

I got an email from a local dealer that had vague allusion that there might be an '10 Taurus there, but it didn't have any specifics (they're not very good with their web marketing), so I didn't try to check it out or anything

Is that black Taurus a SHO? I cant tell but damn I like that thing in black. I can hardly believe its a Ford. Maybe P would like to compare that to the Impala. :hysterical: I read his comments somewhere else about something and Im critical of Ford a lot of times but I think he has lost all his marbles.

Is that black Taurus a SHO? I cant tell but damn I like that thing in black. I can hardly believe its a Ford. Maybe P would like to compare that to the Impala. :hysterical: I read his comments somewhere else about something and Im critical of Ford a lot of times but I think he has lost all his marbles.

Today's Impala pales by comparison but I wonder how an Epsilon II Impala would look.

Still, the Taurus is here now and in my book, Black is the new Black

BlackTaurus.jpg