Dodge Ram...

Reigner92

There is a Dodge dealership about 30-50 minutes away from where I live, and today I heard and add on the radio for them proclaiming that they were selling their dodge Rams for 50% off list price....

How is this possible? I know for a fact that this dealership is not getting canned, it is one of the most profitable Dodge dealerships in Texas.

There is a Dodge dealership about 30-50 minutes away from where I live, and today I heard and add on the radio for them proclaiming that they were selling their dodge Rams for 50% off list price....

How is this possible? I know for a fact that this dealership is not getting canned, it is one of the most profitable Dodge dealerships in Texas.

It's probably one specific truck that's at that sale price. That's an old tactic to bring in traffic. Was a disclaimer at the end of the ad being read so fast you couldn't understand it?

Gotta check that ad.....if it said, "All Dodge Rams at 50% off" that is incredible, but, if they said...."Dodge Ram ....as much as 50% off" there is the hook for ya, and bets are...it is an appliance white reg cab 4X2 with a V6 and vinyl interior, and rubber floor mats.

Edited by twintornados

The Advertisement was saying that All Brand new dodge ram models were 50% off ...there was no disclaimer at the end...

A thought came to midn.... maybe a dealership near him shutdown and he got all there trucks...giving him a surplus... i dont know...

your thoughts?

The Advertisement was saying that All Brand new dodge ram models were 50% off ...there was no disclaimer at the end...

A thought came to midn.... maybe a dealership near him shutdown and he got all there trucks...giving him a surplus... i dont know...

your thoughts?

Don't they have to sell their dealer stock (to individuals or other dealers) in the next few days?

Nope. They don't have to sell their stock, but if they don't sell it to other dealers, they can't sell what they've got as 'new'

Which boils down to "Customers cannot get the Chrysler incentives nor additional warranty". They would have no reason to buy from these dealers when the can get a "new" incenticized vehicle down the street at a "survivor" dealer.

I wonder if the Ram price slashing is going to hurt the F-150's? All Dodge newspaper ads are showing $12,000 off sticker :ohsnap: It isn't on the cheap models either. It's the Hemi, crew cab, etc..

If I needed a truck for mostly city use and the occasional camping trip how could you not be interested in that? Plus, they offer lifetime powertrain warranty so that too could be a deal breaker. I would probally still get the F-150, but how many out there wouldn't mind saving a few thousand dollars.

I wonder if the Ram price slashing is going to hurt the F-150's? All Dodge newspaper ads are showing $12,000 off sticker :ohsnap: It isn't on the cheap models either. It's the Hemi, crew cab, etc..

If I needed a truck for mostly city use and the occasional camping trip how could you not be interested in that? Plus, they offer lifetime powertrain warranty so that too could be a deal breaker. I would probally still get the F-150, but how many out there wouldn't mind saving a few thousand dollars.

Chrysler could offer a Dodge Ram to me for free and I still wouldn't take it. It may have an engine but that is it!!! Transmission sucks, the interior especially sucks and it's a Dodge.

Chrysler could offer a Dodge Ram to me for free and I still wouldn't take it. It may have an engine but that is it!!! Transmission sucks, the interior especially sucks and it's a Dodge.

haha looks and sounds like you are pretty proud of your new f150! :shades:

haha looks and sounds like you are pretty proud of your new f150! :shades:

Can you blame him? That's a sharp looking truck...

That said though, I think that the Ram is a solid effort, easily besting the Silverado, Titan, and Tundra in a lot of areas. I think think they aped the F150 a little, especially in the interior, but the truck overall is well executed.

Any gains from the firesale pricing, though, would probably just offset the people turning their back on ChryCo because of the taxpayer money dumped into them.

On a side note, one of the closed Dodge dealers in Columbus sold off their inventory yesterday and today. They had 79 vehicles starting yesterday, and started today with 45. I have no idea what pricing was like, but I can imagine the deals were just stupid.

That said though, I think that the Ram is a solid effort, easily besting the Silverado, Titan, and Tundra in a lot of areas. I think think they aped the F150 a little, especially in the interior, but the truck overall is well executed.

Any gains from the firesale pricing, though, would probably just offset the people turning their back on ChryCo because of the taxpayer money dumped into them.

On a side note, one of the closed Dodge dealers in Columbus sold off their inventory yesterday and today. They had 79 vehicles starting yesterday, and started today with 45. I have no idea what pricing was like, but I can imagine the deals were just stupid.

hmm... I don't like the Ram interior... nor do i like its styling as a matter of fact... I think it looks like they tried too hard...Kind of like the New Acura TL......YIKES!!!

I would think the biggest problem for many buying a new Ram at firesale prices would be its residual value in a few years. For those who buy a new pickup every few years this would be bad news. Now if you are going to keep the truck for at least 10 years or so, then a new Ram at distressed price would be a good deal indeed.

The Hemi isn't all that either. Hopefully the few that we have seen that had to have needed valve work are not representative of 6 or 7 year old Hemis.

The Hemi isn't all that either. Hopefully the few that we have seen that had to have needed valve work are not representative of 6 or 7 year old Hemis.

Would their lifetime warranty cover it?? Just asking, not arguing with you :beerchug:

Just read that Ward's gave the Ram the Best Interior award "Popular Priced Truck" (besting F-150, Silverado and Tundra). However the Flex took the "Premium Priced Truck" interior award.

Note: This is the first interior from Chrysler Advanced Interior Studios, which was created after the interior disasters that had been coming out previously. Next up from the new interior group is the Grand Cherokee.

Too bad they have ad money or they could actually tout this.