mkx spied with interior

I would say maybe a 3% chance I ever use the buttons on the center stack for the Navi/Stereo. I do alot of voice commands though, specially when alternating between CD's. Or "I'm Hungry" , so I find the Restaurants or ATM's or other POI's

But speaking of pressing buttons...When I first start the car, I gotta hit the "I Agree' disclosure on the Navi screen, then the Recirculate button on the A/C because it resets itself after each start, then turn on both A/C seat coolers on as well. I'm hoping some of these issues are resolves in the new generations, specially that Recirculation reset BS thats NOT necessary. And I DO appreciate the seats to stay in the same cool setting as I LEFT THEM! And that I AGREE non-sense is not needed either...

The seat controls are still reset on turn off/on, but thankfully (I hated that too), the Air Recirculation stays on after turning off and on the car. The only way it resets is if you turn the air off while the car is running. Then you'll have to turn the AR back on.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for posting a pic, my computer wouldnt load it...

just noticed it looks like it will have the wiper controls on the right side of the steering wheel, thanks god a mist setting!

There's already a mist setting for the left mounted wiper controls. Push the button for the windshield washer control vs. holding it in, and the windshield wipers will sweep only once.

by a show of hands - thsoe of you with steering wheel controls - how often you actually use the center stack controls?

Me - NEVER - despite the fact that I have a volume knob on the center stack and a button on my steering wheel.

I hope they do not use touch sensitive - that is a bad idea for cars - IMO

Love the center stack and all the new switch gear - nothing but the handle, door lock and side mirror controls are carryover from anything - everything else is brand new for Ford - or from Ford europe.

very nicely done.

Igor

I think Ford is looking to go the "voice activation" (EVA-emotic voice Activation) systems route moreso then touch screen, for the sake of safety (less distractions) and focus on driver enjoyment. http://bit.ly/VjR9

Also with voice activation, there are less moving parts not pressing , turning buttons etc, hence the worry of wear and tear over the years has to be minimize.

Really like the interior styling direction Lincoln is headed.

Edited by MKII

I'm also wondering if Lincoln is finally getting some sort of hand controler on the sonole to control the display. This has quickly become a standard feature for modern luxury cars from Germany and Japan but you can't find them anywhere from Detroit. Personally, I would rather not have a mouse. If you need a mouse, you're doing something wrong with your UI! I'm hoping those directional buttons on the steering wheel can be used to control all aspects of the display screen.

I remember one time I was frustrated with one of the commands, and I told my Navi, "F---You"...and she then said, "Navigation off"... Hmmm, why do I wonder they probably built in some safety device so it did that when drivers are frustrated? LOL Then at another time I called her "B----H" she then said, "Showing Beaches"...

I'm also wondering if Lincoln is finally getting some sort of hand controler on the sonole to control the display. This has quickly become a standard feature for modern luxury cars from Germany and Japan but you can't find them anywhere from Detroit. Personally, I would rather not have a mouse. If you need a mouse, you're doing something wrong with your UI! I'm hoping those directional buttons on the steering wheel can be used to control all aspects of the display screen.

Yeah, and see how much people have complained about iDrive. And I agree about the mouse - that's ridiculous.

I hope not, I hate those mouse things, I like to see, and hit button...this whole thing of going around enus, and highlighting options is not necessary..

Agreed.....touchscreen is much better.

The most dangerous thing is to have the driver searching for what button to push will trying to drive. Best to avoid buttions.

I like the idea of using voice commands as much as posible. You ask, "Find a restaurant?" The screen display the 5 closest. Then you just choose the one you want from the touch screen.

The most dangerous thing is to have the driver searching for what button to push will trying to drive. Best to avoid buttions.

I like the idea of using voice commands as much as posible. You ask, "Find a restaurant?" The screen display the 5 closest. Then you just choose the one you want from the touch screen.

It will also display closeby restaurants if you say "I'm hungry."

I always use "Im Hungry", and if I want to be specific, "Japanese restaurants", and narrow it down a bit. Then click the button, and most times it's not even worth doing "Enter Destination", since its just easier to follow the arrow.

Right, I don't see any interior spy shots like the one posted on the first page of this thread. Maybe they took them down.

Yeah, I just checked it. They did take them down.

Hmm, that's strange that they took just the interior photos down.