Lincoln and Merury products off next Focus.

The only hole in Lincoln's lineup right now is a smallish CUV like the Mariner. I think Lincoln should get a version of the next-gen Escape, but Mercury may continue with a thinly disguised Escape. Otherwise, Lincoln has a very strong core fleet, I NEVER thought I'd see this day! This is a fantastic time in history for Lincoln, they are a fully realized brand with a vision for the future which we can all see moving forward.

Wait... MKz, MKt, MKs, MKx ,and an escape version while Town Car and Navigator get the axe. They never say what the sixth will be!

MKG MKG-400.jpg if I say enuf it'll happen ;)

&

don't know what they'll call the plus-sized MKS built on the MKT's wheelbase but count on it

hmm the codename is E386 so maybe MKE? that has a nice ring to it

Edited by 2b2

I think they are thinking 6th vehicle, from the line "A compact car based on the next-generation global Ford Focus platform may also find its way into the base of the Lincoln lineup.", which is where they came up with 6th.

What sucks is Mercury will only have 3 vehicles. I know they are cutting down vehicles because the selling rate is expected to be much lower, but just 3 vehicles?

Then again, it wasn't that long ago that Lincoln survived with just 3 vehicles (1997-98).

I'm worried about how Ford will differentiate the Kuga and Edge and MKuga and MKX. There isn't that big of a difference size-wize and looks wise the Kuga loses the trucklet appearance of the current Escape (Which is part of it's appeal IMHO)

I would have preferred to see Kuga as a Mercury vehicle, and a Next Gen Escape built on the same platform. The KugaR could then be a stepping point between the trucky Escape and Lux MKX.

With Lincoln not getting an Explorer variant, any chance for an MKXL with the third row like the CX-9?

I'm worried about how Ford will differentiate the Kuga and Edge and MKuga and MKX. There isn't that big of a difference size-wize and looks wise the Kuga loses the trucklet appearance of the current Escape (Which is part of it's appeal IMHO)

I just thought of something, Considering that Lincolns get all new tophats, Ford could do this:

Kuga/New Escape: Truck like Tophat

Mercury Kuga: FoE Kuga Styling with Mercury styling cues

Lincoln Kuga: All new Tophat with styling similar to the MKT or even the MKC Concept

But how much bigger would it be than an MKXL? I mean, I just don't see the point for a second three-row CUV in the Lincoln lineup. You want two rows, buy the MKX. Three rows, buy the MKT.

There would be a larger difference in size than there will be between the MKuga and the MKX.

Soon Ford will have

Escape, which will be close in size to the Edge, which will be close in size to the Explorer, which will be close in size to the Flex, which will be close in size to the Expedition, which is slightly smaller than the Expedition EL.

The MKT is a large vehicle, and not very SUV looking. I think Lincoln would be better served by offering a three row option of the MKX as well.

There would be a larger difference in size than there will be between the MKuga and the MKX.

Soon Ford will have

Escape, which will be close in size to the Edge, which will be close in size to the Explorer, which will be close in size to the Flex, which will be close in size to the Expedition, which is slightly smaller than the Expedition EL.

The MKT is a large vehicle, and not very SUV looking. I think Lincoln would be better served by offering a three row option of the MKX as well.

I don't think there would be that much difference in size, really. A few inches here and there.

And on the Ford side, the Escape/Explorer/Expedition are SUV's.

The Edge/Flex are CUV's.

Really, I think Ford is targetting them to a different market and a different type of buyer. Sure, there is some crossover (no pun intended), but there are distinct differences. Not so much between an "MKXL" and an MKT. I just don't think you can cram another CUV in there.

Do you think there should be an Edge XL? It's the same as having an MKXL. Lincoln doesn't need a copy of EVERY Ford. Just a select few where it makes sense.

What happened to the Mercury White space product?

Very good question.

Could a 4 door sedan some how be a white space product? Maybe it kinda has 4 Doors, but not conventional doors. Maybe it has a trunk but is not really a sedan.

Maybe they moved the white space product to be the 6th Lincoln? No sense doing a white space product unless you can charge a strong premium on it.

^

MKG (KuGa)

MKX

MKZ

MKS

MKT

MKE (E386)

these are BEFORE the GRwdP(GLMR) is ready

Lincoln Kuga: All new Tophat with styling similar to the MKT or even the MKC Concept

LC-II.jpg

or

LCii.jpg

?

What happened to the Mercury White space product?

Hybrid/BEV/Extendz version of the stretched Mercuocus - with diff sheetmetal

Any thoughts on a sports car (2dr coupe/convertible)?

sport edition of the stretched Mercuocus called SPHINX

and for the post I can't remember which:

Merc will(?) have 3 SERIES, not 3 models

- Milan sedan & 5 door

- Mariner multiple styles possible (I count 4)

- C3... Mercuocus-sedan (C557), Whitespace with alt propulsion, SPHINX sport model

:) :)

:) :) :D :)

:D :D :D

I really hope they don't kill the Navigator...

It is my favorite Lincoln...always has been.

I think what Ford should do is spend a little money on it... fix it up slight refresh on the exterior(I really dislike the backside of the new one...its too flat and simple compared to the front...and those lights are awful)

And then put a diesel in it and make it a hybrid as well.

That would attract quite a crowd, luxury buyers, tech buyers, fuel conscious SUV lovers, etc.

And it would give Ford a lot of bragging rights as being the first to come out with a diesel hybrid

Ford...please please please dont kill the Navigator...