Raptor Test Drive

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the Super Crews that stand out here. I see SuperCabs all the time.

In Texas, in my informal "what I see" poll, there are probably twice as many SuperCrews than SuperCabs and probably twice as many SuperCabs than Regular Cabs. If you drive by any Ford dealer around here, what you mostly see is F150 SuperCrews & F250 Crew Cab 4x4's.

Sup,

If any of this was going to happen you would have to leave the frame the same size. The frame has undergone modifications for this application. Trying to make another length frame work with this application would be very expensive. If they can cram it on the same frame, then go for it.

On the other hand maybe this was a way to use up the remaining 133 wb frames and not waste all their money. Just a thought.

Peace

Skape

I'm pretty certain the Super Cab is still by far the most common cabin choice.

Not here....

definitely not here, which is one reason I like the Raptor so much...its DISTINCTIVE in more ways than one, and the ONE biggie IS the Supercab body...stands out big time, plus its capabilities woyuld trmp the longer wheelbase HEAVIER Supercrew whilst having the advantage over a std cab...I think this body style for THIS type of truck is the ULTIMATE compromise.

You know, I just thought of something as I was reading the new replies to this thread. They added 6 inches to the SuperCrew cab this year. That would make a SuperCrew Raptor really long - I wonder if they would've considered a SuperCrew Raptor had they not added 6 inches to the cab?

In Texas, in my informal "what I see" poll, there are probably twice as many SuperCrews than SuperCabs and probably twice as many SuperCabs than Regular Cabs. If you drive by any Ford dealer around here, what you mostly see is F150 SuperCrews & F250 Crew Cab 4x4's.

Yup, same situation here.

I don't know where you guys all live, but in upstate, NY it's not even close. If I order ten trucks, 2 will be R/C, 6 will be S/C, and 2 will be C/C. Most likely we will end up with the C/C the longest.

The S-Crews are by far the lowest volume seller.... Even though I'm closing a deal on a S-Crew right now. :hysterical:

Edit-

Ok, I just checked our order mix for the Pittsburgh zone, which is most of the Northeast, and according to Ford, last year 31% of 150s were S-Crews, and 48% were S-Cabs... Nearly half.

Edited by chiefstang

Now that we're thinking about it, I wonder what the retail sales percentages look like per cab type, because I'm sure fleet skews the numbers.

I order the inventory for our store, and Ford gives me a weekly update on the "Retail Mix" in my region, both for YTD, and last year. It's supposed to help us figure out our mix of trim levels, etc...

Fleet is kept seperate so we can get an accurate idea. If fleet were in there, you would see regular cabs at or near the top, I think.

Accurate idea??? I don't think that means what you think it does El Guapo.

I order the inventory for our store, and Ford gives me a weekly update on the "Retail Mix" in my region, both for YTD, and last year. It's supposed to help us figure out our mix of trim levels, etc...

Fleet is kept seperate so we can get an accurate idea. If fleet were in there, you would see regular cabs at or near the top, I think.

Accurate idea??? I don't think that means what you think it does El Guapo.

I see, and I thought that example may've not included fleet sales anyway.

What is the reason some people are so adamant about the Super Crew? When I checked the interior specs the Super Cab has only 3" less rear seat leg room than my Sport Trac. If the kids are going to be riding back there I really don't see that as a big problem. Its not like we're talking about the jump seats in a Ranger here. I suppose the way the doors open could be an issue but again I don't see that as a show stopper. Just my opinion but if you are more concerned about rear seat room and access then this is probably not the truck for you. This was designed to be a kickass off-roader first and foremost and going to an extended cab was a compromise to draw a little more interest without destroying its capability. One of the biggest complaints about the Lightning was that it was basically a two seater and I am sure SVT took that into consideration when they chose the cab style for the Raptor.

What is the reason some people are so adamant about the Super Crew? When I checked the interior specs the Super Cab has only 3" less rear seat leg room than my Sport Trac. If the kids are going to be riding back there I really don't see that as a big problem. Its not like we're talking about the jump seats in a Ranger here. I suppose the way the doors open could be an issue but again I don't see that as a show stopper. Just my opinion but if you are more concerned about rear seat room and access then this is probably not the truck for you. This was designed to be a kickass off-roader first and foremost and going to an extended cab was a compromise to draw a little more interest without destroying its capability. One of the biggest complaints about the Lightning was that it was basically a two seater and I am sure SVT took that into consideration when they chose the cab style for the Raptor.

My problem with the SuperCab is the rear doors. Trying to get a 2 year old out of a car seat & into a stroller or cart in a parking lot with a SuperCab is a real pain in the ass. If the doors were front hinged, then it wouldn't be an issue. Getting a $40,000 toy that I can't use as a daily driver is a no go for me. Now, a 5.0 Sport Trac Raptor would be very cool!

Lurking under the double green hype/oblate is a passion...

SVT

O.J. Coletti, the ghost of future past suggests we just drive for fun;

I hold this to be true blue oval...

sometimes, I just want to go for a drive, and don't really care if I get there...I might have to answer to the big guy why I left in the middle of a meeting...

um, sir?

touch the fiesta, and yes, yes...yes....

YES

RS Focus.

ends.

please?

My problem with the SuperCab is the rear doors. Trying to get a 2 year old out of a car seat & into a stroller or cart in a parking lot with a SuperCab is a real pain in the ass. If the doors were front hinged, then it wouldn't be an issue. Getting a $40,000 toy that I can't use as a daily driver is a no go for me. Now, a 5.0 Sport Trac Raptor would be very cool!

That there Toyota "truck that's changing it all" Tundra has got those front hinged SuperCab doors yer lookin' fer.... :hysterical:

In other words - you're not the target audience for this truck. Pretty sure it's not aimed at daily drivers with kids in car seats.

Frankly, I doubt SVT gives a crap about anyone's problems with getting a car seat out of the back of this vehicle in a parking lot. That's entirely out of the realm of the intention of this truck. Maybe they should work on a 4-door GT500 too?

Edited by NickF1011

That there Toyota "truck that's changing it all" Tundra has got those front hinged SuperCab doors yer lookin' fer.... :hysterical:

Toyota makes a full size truck, didn't know. :shrug: The Dodge Ram rental I had while my truck was in the body shop had front hinged doors. I have to admit, it wasn't too bad...

In other words - you're not the target audience for this truck. Pretty sure it's not aimed at daily drivers with kids in car seats.

That may be true & I don't doubt that Ford will sell & make money on every one. I was just expressing my personal desire for a Raptor SuperCrew, that's all. I really wasn't trying to rile anybody up. Who is their target audience? I'm in my mid 30's & I can afford a $40,000 truck. Seems like I would be in their target audience. Plus, the fact that they made it from a SuperCab kind of proves that they did see a need for more than just the 2 or 3 seats that a regular cab provides, like maybe for a guy in his mid 30's with kids... :stirpot: With that said, I'll still check one out when the 6.2 is available, my youngest will be in a booster seat by that time anyway... :)

Frankly, I doubt SVT gives a crap about anyone's problems with getting a car seat out of the back of this vehicle in a parking lot. That's entirely out of the realm of the intention of this truck. Maybe they should work on a 4-door GT500 too?

I hope SVT worries less about car seats than performance. But, I don't know if you can say "That's entirely out of the realm of the intention of this truck", after all, the Raptor does come standard with the LATCH system. :)

But really, I'm not cutting down the Raptor, I think it's great as is. Like I said, I was just expressing my personal, selfish desire for a SuperCrew. If they don't make one, that's okay with me & I won't say they are stupid for not doing it. I just hope they do, that's all...

And no Nick, no 4-door GT500's, PLEASE! Now, a LHD US version of the AU Falcon with the GT500's drivetrain, now you're talking! :) I would even settle for a Sport Trac with the 03 Cobra's drivetrain...

Sup,

Yeah I am kind of in agreement with these guys. This truck intention is to be a toy, much like the GT500. Complaints about how daily driver friendly it is are kind of strange. It would be like complaining about a Lightnings towing limit. This truck was made for a purpose, and I do not think that purpose was to load the bed and go to Wal-Mart.

Skape