2011 Superduty

Ford uses a plastic lined non-serviceable ball joint that often wears out before 50,000 miles, and their front wheel bearings (and inner shaft bearings) must be periodically serviced. Even so, bearing and hub problems are also pretty common.

We see over a dozen super duties every day and I can't say we've seen all these wheel bearing issues your talking about, ever. Since the 2005 front end update the hub and ball joint problems have been greatly reduced too. Never done a hub on one, and maybe one set of ball joints. Now, the drag links...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a big fan of it. The headlamps look good but that grille kills it for me. Its HUGE! Like, bigger than the doors huge!

The previous gen bed really doesnt work for me at all either. It was passable on the last gen, but its really long in the tooth and gives the truck the look of suffering from the "2 design team" syndrome.

The specs sound awesome though. Look forward to seeing what the new engines can do, but the exterior is just... eew.

Good points.

This is the fourth grille on a 12 year old truck. Even though they are going back with a rounded grille that matches the rest of the truck's lines I think the original from 1999 still looks better.

Ford-F350-regularcab.jpg

Maybe the new '11 would look better if they dropped the 2 brackets arount the ends of the horizontal bars...

Edited by F250

Good points.

This is the fourth grille on a 12 year old truck. Even though they are going back with a rounded grille that matches the rest of the truck's lines I think the original from 1999 still looks better.

Ford-F350-regularcab.jpg

Maybe the new '11 would look better if they dropped the 2 brackets arount the ends of the horizontal bars...

The two brackets are the biggest things I'm unsure about on the new design.

I'll work on a chop removing those and post it here when I'm done.

Good points.

Ford-F350-regularcab.jpg

What do you think of the Dually rear fenders?

They are getting complaints on the styling vs current and past.

What do you think of the Dually rear fenders?

They are getting complaints on the styling vs current and past.

Where are pictures of the new dually fenders? I've not seen any.

And here's a quick chop of the Super Duty without the C-brackets in the grille. If those were there they might want to extend the grille bars a tad to take up the space left in their absence (I did not extend the bars).

11_sd250_019.jpg

And here's a quick chop of the Super Duty without the C-brackets in the grille. If those were there they might want to extend the grille bars a tad to take up the space left in their absence (I did not extend the bars).

11_sd250_019.jpg

Wow, great job rmc...I like that much better!

11_sd250_019.jpg

Yes, good job. Looks a lot better without the brackets and I don't see any need to extend the bars.

I would bet that some owners will be getting their 1/4" socket sets out and unbolt the "C-Clamp" from the grille...I think it would look nice tinted to match the color of the truck.....some will like it...some will not and Ford will most likely offer variations of the grille to appease a wider audience.

I don't think the c-clamps can be removed, unless that's a joke.

There's mesh tying them all together.

They only have a rolling shot on the Mike Rowe video's. I believe it's under the 6.7L section. They will definitely need some getting used to. They don't mold or bubble like the older styles. It's like a larger sharp roll popping out over the wheel, no contour into the bed. The shots from the rear almost make it appear saggy (like it's dragging it's a$s) and the wheels don't fill the space, very recessed looking. The front fenders are the same. I'll dig up the video

Pause the video around the 43-44 sec mark and you'll see how ugly it looks from behind.

found it. It was under powertrain demo's

http://www.fordvehicles.com/2011superduty/...eo=power-stroke

Edited by Hydro

They only have a rolling shot on the Mike Rowe video's. I believe it's under the 6.7L section. They will definitely need some getting used to. They don't mold or bubble like the older styles. It's like a larger sharp roll popping out over the wheel, no contour into the bed. The shots from the rear almost make it appear saggy (like it's dragging it's a$s) and the wheels don't fill the space, very recessed looking. The front fenders are the same. I'll dig up the video

Pause the video around the 43-44 sec mark and you'll see how ugly it looks from behind.

found it. It was under powertrain demo's

http://www.fordvehicles.com/2011superduty/...eo=power-stroke

Yeah, I saw other pictures of it from the front, but that look horrible from the rear. I wonder if those can or will be changed before release?

I don't mind the new dually fenders. They match the front fender flares. As for the grille, rmc523 did make it look a lot better by removing the 'clamps'. I guess those 'clamps' are going to be another odd styling cue that Ford will plaster on every truck line they make. Some are already commenting on the changes to the F-450. I have to agree, it really doesn't seem to be much different at all from the F-350.

I don't mind the new dually fenders. They match the front fender flares. As for the grille, rmc523 did make it look a lot better by removing the 'clamps'.

I'm gonna have to let the fenders grow on me - at this point, I'm unsure of them. Maybe I'll feel better about them once I see them in person.

NOTE: the updated Super Duty grille picture is currently in my signature for those that may want to see it without scrolling around this thread. Also, this is to let people know that my sig pic is NOT the actual Super Duty because of this modification - I was just too lazy to find, save, and resize the original picture when I had this chop done and easily accessible to resize.

Good points.

This is the fourth grille on a 12 year old truck.

12 years old you say? :redcard: (sorry, couldn't resist)

I said the 2008 facelift of the Superduty took one of the best looking trucks on the road and turned it into a botched abortion, if this is it for 2011, now it looks like a botched abortion with makeup.

Interior is nice though.

Last good looking Superduty:

fordsuperduty.jpg

Edited by Armada Master