Acura ZDX Caught Out In The Wild

PREMiERdrum

Fitting it's the same color as a turd.

http://jalopnik.com/5366814/acura-zdx-in-t...lic-brown-flesh

A few good comments:

Glad to see they didn't clutter up the center stack with those annoying labels on the buttons that tell which button does what.

Man, that's beautiful. Just stunning.

Regards,

The Pontiac Aztek

That's exactly what I'd crap out if I ate a steak knife.
Edited by PREMiERdrum

Unfortunately... ugly cars are selling. That Nissan Cube is hideous, and I'm seeing them with more frequency.

Must have been an odd day, but I saw three Cubes on the road within a couple hours of each other about a week ago. Never saw one on the road prior. Haven't seen one on the road since. Odd.

"The coolest feature I was able to quickly see inside is the center stack's big graphite black button-filled face plate. What's cool about that? Well, the buttons illuminate and glow upon need. So, for instance, if you're listening to the radio, the radio buttons are illuminated. HVAC on? The HVAC buttons are illuminated. All of it's pretty sweet."

While this is a cool feature, it is hardly ground-breaking technology (not much technology involved at all), and is more a gimmick than anything. I guess the writer is easily impressed.

This does sound useful with all the buttons (or too many) that are being used on cars to more quickly distinguish what buttons to use. I assume there is wording that lights up on the button to tell what is what, and I would assume the power buttons for each accessory would be lit up all the time.

If only a car company would invent a voice activated system, with a company such as Microsoft, that could activate the accessories hands-free. Wonder what company could do that??? :headscratch: :D

"The coolest feature I was able to quickly see inside is the center stack's big graphite black button-filled face plate. What's cool about that? Well, the buttons illuminate and glow upon need. So, for instance, if you're listening to the radio, the radio buttons are illuminated. HVAC on? The HVAC buttons are illuminated. All of it's pretty sweet."

While this is a cool feature, it is hardly ground-breaking technology (not much technology involved at all), and is more a gimmick than anything. I guess the writer is easily impressed.

Ford has been doing that for years.

Fitting it's the same color as a turd.

http://jalopnik.com/5366814/acura-zdx-in-t...lic-brown-flesh

A few good comments:

This does sound useful with all the buttons (or too many) that are being used on cars to more quickly distinguish what buttons to use. I assume there is wording that lights up on the button to tell what is what, and I would assume the power buttons for each accessory would be lit up all the time.

If only a car company would invent a voice activated system, with a company such as Microsoft, that could activate the accessories hands-free. Wonder what company could do that??? :headscratch: :D

So if you're using both the radio and HVAC, i guess all the buttons are lit? So what's the point, as most people are gonna have both going at once. It's not like it makes the center stack look any better - I guess that's their way of trying to hide how many buttons there are in Acuras these days?

That Acura is horendous!!! I thought the profile pics looked bad, but that straight on shot of the front end makes the Lincoln MKT look beautiful. Sorry, dislike the MKT look, but not as bad as thing thingamabober.

Must have been an odd day, but I saw three Cubes on the road within a couple hours of each other about a week ago. Never saw one on the road prior. Haven't seen one on the road since. Odd.

You know I have a Nissan dealer aroud the corner from my house. They have tons of these little Cubes, but I have yet to see one on the road, except the dealership driving one down to the local gas station for fill up. But those Cubes look better than this Acura.

That Acura is horendous!!! I thought the profile pics looked bad, but that straight on shot of the front end makes the Lincoln MKT look beautiful. Sorry, dislike the MKT look, but not as bad as thing thingamabober.

You know I have a Nissan dealer aroud the corner from my house. They have tons of these little Cubes, but I have yet to see one on the road, except the dealership driving one down to the local gas station for fill up. But those Cubes look better than this Acura.

I can't help but shake my head when I see a Cube....

That HVAC/Radio interface gimmick is just plain stupid. Either way, it doesnt' really matter how many buttons less they have, if they still look cluttered and spread all over the place. And I wonder what happens years down the road when that idea breaks down. Will the person ONLY have a choice between A/C or Radio, or maybe none? I already had one friend that had to replace just the ONE bulb on his current Accords information screen, and that sucker came out to $1200....for ONE bulb people...

Dude, get a clue. First, Microsoft doesn't invent stuff, they copy from other people. Second, Acura has had voice activation for many many years!

Edited by guesswhoscomingtodinner

Umm yes. And?

So they didn't invent DOS and they didn't invent Windows and they didn't invent word processors and they didn't invent browsers and they didn't invent spreadsheets and they didn't invent relational databases - what did they "invent"?

Edited by akirby