April Sales up 25%

Another great month for Escape. I hope they do their homework when the next-gen is launched... selling this well, even as one of the oldest designs in the segment, really shows how much people like its formula of compact sized, truck-like styling, and several different engine options.

Another great month for Escape. I hope they do their homework when the next-gen is launched... selling this well, even as one of the oldest designs in the segment, really shows how much people like its formula of compact sized, truck-like styling, and several different engine options.

I agree 100%. As much as I like the styling of the Kuga, Ford shouldn't throw away the Escape's successful formula. They should definitely refine and enhance it, but keep the characteristics that make it successful.

I agree 100%. As much as I like the styling of the Kuga, Ford shouldn't throw away the Escape's successful formula. They should definitely refine and enhance it, but keep the characteristics that make it successful.

I would like to see the fleet/retail breakdown on the Escape. I'm seeing more and more of them with decals on the doors lately.

I'm amazed at how many Transit Connects that I see on the roads in SoCal. I really didn't know how well that vehicle was going to go over, but apparently it has well around here.

The TC definitely seems to be finding its audience with commercial buyers. Add to it that they are likely still considerably inventory constrained, it has the makings to be a real success story once production is moved to our shores and it has the ability to ramp up to meet what could be tremendous demand.

I work at a Military base and they have bought alot of Escape hybrids to replace old Dodge mini and full sized vans. Non-rental fleet business is good, since the vehicles are kept longer than a year and no flood of 'program cars'. Daily rental places are now buying Toyotas, Hyundais, and Mopars by truckload. I live near Chicago OHare aiport and the rentals are mixed brands, rather than all 'jelly bean' Tauri.

Fusion may top 20k soon??? Would love to see that milestone passed!

It's good to see the F-Series still beating the combined total of Sierra + Silverado + Avalanche. Maybe it will finally shut the GM fanboys up about who has the best-selling truck!

That's the first thing I look for every month. The next is to see how bad Tundra sales are. Anyone see Toyota numbers yet?

The GM boys will probably try to include the Escalade truck thing in their numbers as well if it will put them over the top.

Having recently started to see many TCs on the road in various commercial liveries, I can see where they are really starting to catch on. A week ago, I saw to car carrier semi's arrive in town with full loads of TCs. I can't imagine how good these things would be doing on the market with the Focus 2.0 GDI /6At combo in them insted of what they currently have.

That's the first thing I look for every month. The next is to see how bad Tundra sales are. Anyone see Toyota numbers yet?

The GM boys will probably try to include the Escalade truck thing in their numbers as well if it will put them over the top.

Toyota sales were up about 24% and total sales were about 10,000 less than Ford's. Looks like Ford is number two in sales behind GM this month. Honda sales were up about 12%. If you discount "old GM," GM's sales were quite good. May should be an even better month for Ford with more new Mustangs shipping and another month to sell the new Super Duty. And then in June the new Fiesta should be shipping and counted in sales.

Agreed! I've been adamant about that point as well.

Eh, Lincoln was up almost 22%. I wouldn't call that bad by any means. With only a handful of fresh vehicles and one fleet-heavy hanger-on I can't really expect too much more from them.

It's not bad, better than a loss, but most of the gain was TC and Navigator. MKT helped too :D

I'm amazed at how many Transit Connects that I see on the roads in SoCal. I really didn't know how well that vehicle was going to go over, but apparently it has well around here.

I see a ton of the lil bugga's round here too! Most of them are work vans with big logos and stuff plastered on the vast expanse of a side.

Edited by rmc523

Toyota sales were up about 24% and total sales were about 10,000 less than Ford's. Looks like Ford is number two in sales behind GM this month. Honda sales were up about 12%. If you discount "old GM," GM's sales were quite good. May should be an even better month for Ford with more new Mustangs shipping and another month to sell the new Super Duty. And then in June the new Fiesta should be shipping and counted in sales.

Seems that incentive is not cure-all for Toyota. Just noticed recent Toyota ad in TV. One guy in TV said "Toyota is always toyota, we've never changed", my wife said "This is only one correct thing Toyota ever said, yes, they've never changed, if they have chance to hide any satety issue in the future, they will definitely do that again"

I would like to see the fleet/retail breakdown on the Escape. I'm seeing more and more of them with decals on the doors lately.

Historically, just over one quarter of total Ford Escape registrations have been to fleets (26.2% for 2007 MY and 26.7% for 2008 MY which are the latest figures I was able to locate in my AF Fact Book issues) and would surmise that the figures for MY 2010 thus far are fairly similar.

The Escape is the most popular vehicle on my employer's fleet selector list. It also ranked #1 in total registrations among Compact SUVs for all three fleet categories in 2008- Commercial, Government, and Rental.