The Fiesta SES 5 speed

ahhhh, reality check...ITS A B CAR what the hell do people expect, Flex second row legroom????????????????

Well, no crap. :P

and my 14 year old neice sat back there this morning...plenty of room...its all dependent on the siaze of the driver and passenger.....and theres more room than the Cooper.... :shades:

The standard I usually measure by is myself (5'10"). If I can put the driver's seat where I like it and then fit myself behind it, it has enough room. Oddly enough, the current VW Jetta passes that test, but the larger Acura TSX fails it. I want to go see if I'll be pleasantly surprised or if it will be what I expect from a B car.

Rear leg room is better than Mustang, those wanting more can go buy a Focus.

oh $hit, here comes common sense...Zackly my friend, the fiesta is PERFECT for what me and my gals needs are, and we also have the Expedition for when room is a precedent....me, i'll take the mileage most of the time...cant wait to go on a trip...i have NO doubt shes capapble of 40 plus...

Well, no crap. :P

The standard I usually measure by is myself (5'10"). If I can put the driver's seat where I like it and then fit myself behind it, it has enough room. Oddly enough, the current VW Jetta passes that test, but the larger Acura TSX fails it. I want to go see if I'll be pleasantly surprised or if it will be what I expect from a B car.

I'll be curious what you think, i adjust the drivers seat so my left foot is on the footwell foot rest, and I was fine behind the seat when i jumped back there....

I'll be curious what you think, i adjust the drivers seat so my left foot is on the footwell foot rest, and I was fine behind the seat when i jumped back there....

There is but ONE Ford dealer in my neck of the woods, and the day I went there, they had one Fiesta and it was already sold, so I couldn't have too much fun with it. When they get some more, I'll go back.

There is but ONE Ford dealer in my neck of the woods, and the day I went there, they had one Fiesta and it was already sold, so I couldn't have too much fun with it. When they get some more, I'll go back.

we have 3 here right now, one is an order...it has the "Late Availabilty " sunroof on it...ahem. Glad i didnt order the roof....its TINY...or am I just a Vista junkie? :shades:

I test drove a SES auto.

I came away very impressed.

The little car is Refined Quiet and composed

THe car is quieter than my dad's 2006 fusion and much quiter than the current focus and every C-car i have driven recently.

The convenience features blew me away, stereo sounded awesome listened to Brahms, It was loud and clear, aided by the super quiet interior. the tech quizmos where well, done and premium, I do wish they had a volume control on the steering wheel. seat were comfortable enough for a 15 min drive,

the best thing about the car is the level of comfort, the car has the perfect balance between comfort and performance, the steering is light and precise, you never have to guess what the car is doing. you just know. It reminds me of the 1st gen focus,you can just point and shoot. It has a extremely comfortable ride, it soaks up bumps, and dips, without the float that some cars have. it took me 3 secs to find a comfortable driving position, everything Was close at hand would need more time to master the controls and Snyc and such, but it does all I want it to do.

other observations:

the AC was Ice Cold.

The HVAC system was quieter than In expected. you don't have to talk over it.

The car is peppy but not fast with the Auto, shifts are rock solid behaves like a normal slush box.

Putting the shifter in L changes the mood of the engine, more awake more responsive.

Back seat room is dependent on the person front. it is high off the floor.

nothing screamed cheap, in the car.

My GF did not like the sound of the turn signal, I did not care.

no armrest.

motor sounds pleasant when pushed.

I loved the car, it fit me like a glove i can't wait to see the next focus.

I test drove a SES auto.

I came away very impressed.

The little car is Refined Quiet and composed

THe car is quieter than my dad's 2006 fusion and much quiter than the current focus and every C-car i have driven recently.

The convenience features blew me away, stereo sounded awesome listened to Brahms, It was loud and clear, aided by the super quiet interior. the tech quizmos where well, done and premium, I do wish they had a volume control on the steering wheel. seat were comfortable enough for a 15 min drive,

the best thing about the car is the level of comfort, the car has the perfect balance between comfort and performance, the steering is light and precise, you never have to guess what the car is doing. you just know. It reminds me of the 1st gen focus,you can just point and shoot. It has a extremely comfortable ride, it soaks up bumps, and dips, without the float that some cars have. it took me 3 secs to find a comfortable driving position, everything Was close at hand would need more time to master the controls and Snyc and such, but it does all I want it to do.

other observations:

the AC was Ice Cold.

The HVAC system was quieter than In expected. you don't have to talk over it.

The car is peppy but not fast with the Auto, shifts are rock solid behaves like a normal slush box.

Putting the shifter in L changes the mood of the engine, more awake more responsive.

Back seat room is dependent on the person front. it is high off the floor.

nothing screamed cheap, in the car.

My GF did not like the sound of the turn signal, I did not care.

no armrest.

motor sounds pleasant when pushed.

I loved the car, it fit me like a glove i can't wait to see the next focus.

Nice review Biker 16.

Quick question for those lucky enough to have them nearby to drive. Hows the steering wheel feel. I love a good feeliong steering wheel. Is the leather only available on the top of the line SES model? If so, is the Se models steering wheel decent?

Pet Peeve of mine is a nice steering wheel. It's your primary point of contact with a car, and an el cheapo makes everything about the car feel cheep to me. Wish a nice leather option was availble on all trim levels.

Nice review Biker 16.

Quick question for those lucky enough to have them nearby to drive. Hows the steering wheel feel. I love a good feeliong steering wheel. Is the leather only available on the top of the line SES model? If so, is the Se models steering wheel decent?

Pet Peeve of mine is a nice steering wheel. It's your primary point of contact with a car, and an el cheapo makes everything about the car feel cheep to me. Wish a nice leather option was availble on all trim levels.

the wheel feels like the one in my car, a 2000 focus. it is a small wheel ~13 in, it is thick and easy to grip.

Hello all,

I took out an SE 5dr for a testdrive yesterday, and was very very impressed. One thing I did notice, was that my right leg was touching the centre console area, and that its quite a narrow area. !

Can I tell you that my knee rests on the console of my F150. I find it narrow in the drivers pod.

Nice review Biker 16.

Unfortunately, leather is only available on the SES/SEL with the 301A package, basically the most expensive Fiesta you can buy. But, still, as far as I know, the Fiesta is the only B car that has leather available.

Unfortunately, leather is only available on the SES/SEL with the 301A package, basically the most expensive Fiesta you can buy. But, still, as far as I know, the Fiesta is the only B car that has leather available.

I was actually referring to leather on the steering wheel. Do you know if it is only availble on the SEL and SES? I don't really see it on the option list.

Deanh, how does the 73 compare to the Grapevine(southbound) or Cajon northbound? I have been on those, not on the 73. I am trying to gauge how well it will take mountain grades. I live hours from any sizable grades to test drive on, but I do travel a lot and want a car that will do well in the mountains while still getting good mpgs. Right now I am leaning towards the '12 Focus 5-door.

Sunday..at work...1 left. My car still impressing, the AC is amazing.......

Dean, how bad does the AC pull down the power in everyday driving? I have driven many cars both Ford and Chevrolet that when you kicked on the AC it felt like you were pulling a parachute. I can not feel it on my Mustang what so ever but it has so much power to begin with its a non issue. On some smaller cars I can feel the compressor each and everytime it kicks in and out. I am concerned since the Fiesta has such a small engine. Thanks.

Edited by chevys

Dean, how bad does the AC pull down the power in everyday driving? I have driven many cars both Ford and Chevrolet that when you kicked on the AC it felt like you were pulling a parachute. I can not feel it on my Mustang what so ever but it has so much power to begin with its a non issue. On some smaller cars I can feel the compressor each and everytime it kicks in and out. I am concerned since the Fiesta has such a small engine. Thanks.

When I turn the A/C on in my 2.3 Ranger, I usually reach for the parking brake handle a couple times. :doh:

• Like 1

When I turn the A/C on in my 2.3 Ranger, I usually reach for the parking brake handle a couple times. :doh:

I drive a 2002 Taurus with 24 valve V6, and on these real hot days with A/C going full blast, I can feel the drag on accelerator response from higher speeds. It is noticeable. I would imagine real hot, humid conditions of 100 degrees or so affect engine performance period.

really didnt notice it too much, definitely did not feel like i dropped anchor as I have experienced, but I was cruising at 75-80, turned it off, then on to see how it effected mileage...looked like about 1 mpg or less, but Id rather be comfortable...it was 88 degrees outside.....

Deanh, how does the 73 compare to the Grapevine(southbound) or Cajon northbound? I have been on those, not on the 73. I am trying to gauge how well it will take mountain grades. I live hours from any sizable grades to test drive on, but I do travel a lot and want a car that will do well in the mountains while still getting good mpgs. Right now I am leaning towards the '12 Focus 5-door.

73 is pretty steep but short...that grapevine seemingly gos on forever, but judging by the 73 I would say its a 4 th gear hill and you would be able to keep up ( 70-75 ) no problem...then again i have the Man trans....cant offer an opinion on the Auto...Focus will have more HP, so i dont envisage any issues there

I was actually referring to leather on the steering wheel. Do you know if it is only availble on the SEL and SES? I don't really see it on the option list.

I have the leather...best feeling sterring wheel ive ever driven...class leading for sure...trivial point but HUGE IMO

Interior package in...lit sills and gearstick...sills are a little hokey looking but may be ok at night, gearshift is great...little larger and LEATHER covered....need to take some shots for you guys....first tank of gas 345 miles with 30 miles till empty showing...and shes NOT being babied....sills look good at night, gearstick too, matches red dash etc....along with purple ambient lighting, Prince "When Doves cry" on the EXCELLENT stereo and the disco ball hanging from the rear veiw mirror, I'm good to go...will work on photos....

Edited by Deanh