2013 Mondeo or Fusion

Looks about as likely as any AutoExpress rendering.

That's exactly what I thought......in fact, I thought it had AutoExpress rendering written all over it (not literally, of course) the first time I saw it.

And I hope it doesn't look like that. I'm all for the family look, but that doesn't mean that every vehicle has to look the same, just up- and down-sized (a la Cadillac).

No thanks, I don't like the Euro Ford design at all, they really need to keep this local and do something far more destinctive.

It's going to be interesting how they pull of merging the look off the next Fusion to satisfy both American and European customers. I just hope it does not translate into the blandness that the current Mondeo has. Seriously the Ford Iosis concept was a great looking car but the look was not translated at all from the A pillar back onto the current Mondeo.

It will also be interesting to see to what extent they are going to differentiate the next Fusion from the next MKZ.

FOE Mondeo 4,400 sales v US Fusion 17,000 sales in August.

Fusion gets the two thumbs up from me, can't wait see the US Fusion in Europe fed up with shitty ole Mercury Mystique type of level of sales here the Mundane is letting Ford down in Europe big time sales-wise.

Ford segment-leading in the UK with Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo and Galaxy year-to-date :happy feet:

Ford segment-leading in the UK with Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo and Galaxy year-to-date :happy feet:

UK Top 10 Best Selling Vehicles August 2010.

1. Ford Fiesta 2,660

2. Ford Focus 1,926

3. GM Vauxhall Astra 1,906

4. GM Vauxhall Corsa 1,629

5. BMW 3 Series 1,600 (Euro D Segement Large Car MONDEO CLASS)

6. VW Golf 1,511

7. Nissan Qashqai 1,456

8. GM Vauxhall Insignia 1,193

9. VW Polo 1,193

10. Audi A3 1,037

UK Top 10 Best Selling Vehicles August 2010.

1. Ford Fiesta 2,660

2. Ford Focus 1,926

3. GM Vauxhall Astra 1,906

4. GM Vauxhall Corsa 1,629

5. BMW 3 Series 1,600 (Euro D Segement Large Car MONDEO CLASS)

6. VW Golf 1,511

7. Nissan Qashqai 1,456

8. GM Vauxhall Insignia 1,193

9. VW Polo 1,193

10. Audi A3 1,037

Ummm...not sure how they classify cars in Europe, but here in the U.S. the 3-series is in the same EPA size class as the Focus. And well, considering the Mondeo is even larger than the Fusion....

• Like 1

I certainly hope not-- the Taurus has one tall, chunky rear. It's almost like looking at the side of a cliff.

I would think that means the tail light look and the bumper design, not the height. Hopefully it uses LEDs though. The Taurus rear lighting loses a lot of its potential because of the incandescent bulbs.

Edited by NickF1011

I would think that means the tail light look and the bumper design, not the height. Hopefully it uses LEDs though. The Taurus rear lighting loses a lot of its potential because of the incandescent bulbs.

Say what you will about rear ends ( Reporters at New York Jets anyone ) but at least the taurus is distinctive, definitely stands out in the land of blandsville.....

Say what you will about rear ends ( Reporters at New York Jets anyone ) but at least the taurus is distinctive, definitely stands out in the land of blandsville.....

The Taurus' rear end detailing and design is awesome.

As to the height of the rear, I always assumed it was done to help keep the proportions correct. The car is freaking huge.

• Like 1

Ummm...not sure how they classify cars in Europe, but here in the U.S. the 3-series is in the same EPA size class as the Focus. And well, considering the Mondeo is even larger than the Fusion....

Not much in it Nick the BMW 3 Series has more headroom/legroom in the front seats where it matters, the Mondeo has more headroom/legroom in the rear seats. Both are in the Euro D class large segment. Gotta say l prefer the BMW because it is RWD and is more fuel efficient & has much better residual values (Even though l would never buy one because its not a Ford).

Here is a good link that compares American/European cars sizes for you Nick, the Mondeo & BMW 3 Series are both Euro D cars, Mondeo the would be in the Mid-size class car Stateside what ever that is..

LINK

Mondeo Ecoboost

Town MPG 25.9 (USA MPG 21.6)

Out of town MPG 47.1 (USA MPG 34.7)

Average MPG 36.6 (USA MPG 30.47)

Mondeo Diesel

Town MPG 38.7 (USA MPG 32.2)

Out of town MPG 61.4 (USA MPG 51.1)

Average MPG 50.4 (USA MPG 41.9)

BMW 3 Series RWD Diesel

Town MPG 52.3 (USA MPG 44.2)

Out of town MPG 70.6 (USA MPG 58.7)

Average MPG 62.8 (USA MPG 52.2 )

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

I would be willing to bet that the next Fuson will look somewhat like a bigger 2012 Focus. In other words, it will use design cues from the new Focus and Fiesta. That means the next Fusion will give up some outward driver visibility in return for more edgy look so that Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, and Taurus have similar cues that show they are siblings.