SEMA: Police Interceptor Stealth Concept

LINK - Autoblog

In addition to the raft of Mustangs and F-150s that Ford will be debuting at this year's SEMA show, this special Police Interceptor Stealth concept will be on display in Las Vegas this week. Ford designer Melvin Betancourt took inspiration from the SR-71 stealth airplane used in the 1950s and 1960s to create a Taurus-based Police Interceptor that manages to be flashy yet still able to fly under the radar.

Compared to a standard Police Interceptor sedan, the Stealth concept is lowered by one inch and rides on sinister 22-inch wheels. The rest of the car has been blacked out as much as possible – smoked taillamps, tinted windows and black trim all around the car make for a package that, as Betancourt says, gives the illusion of "there, but not there." Hit the jump to read the full details, and scroll through our high-res image gallery to see the concept for yourself.

post-27660-053357500 1288613625_thumb.jpg

But it will ruin the resale value of the Taurus! :blah:

:shades:

love it...Sema this year is going to be a hoot...watch all the grills being developed to replace the 3 bar..and HOPEFULLY some Fiesta alternatives...I STILL hate that US cop out in comparison with the cleaner Euro version...

I was being sarcastic. With the birth of the Interceptor line, I would never consider buying a Taurus or New Explorer.

I guess these will have bad resale value now too?

ford-f150-police-ext.gif

2008%20Ford%20Expedition.jpg

Police%20Cars%2017.jpg

ford-fusion-police-cars.jpg

Isn't this one just like yours? There goes your resale value...

2574476917_c7a569a0d2.jpg

I guess somebody should tell Toyota too...nah, it's okay if they lose value. :)

2008-toyota-prius-patrol-car-in-parchment-michigan_100178228_s.jpg

Speaking of Fiesta, I FINALLY saw one on the road yesterday -- a Blue Flame SE sedan.

starting to see more...interestingly enough saw my first Mazda 2 yesterday....as for the Fiesta...saw a 160hp upgrade package being thrown around.....pretty spendy would nbe my guess ( pistons camshafts etc ) but 160 in that car sounds like a hoot....

Speaking of Fiesta, I FINALLY saw one on the road yesterday -- a Blue Flame SE sedan.

I saw a red hatchback at Starbucks a couple of weeks ago and I was a little shocked at how little it was. I guess I haven't really been paying attention to the size of the Fit, etc. It looked good though.

I saw a red hatchback at Starbucks a couple of weeks ago and I was a little shocked at how little it was. I guess I haven't really been paying attention to the size of the Fit, etc. It looked good though.

Had 5 in the cAr the other day for a Sunday Brunch run...friggen HILARIOUS...but no complaints and everyone ( brring my garden gnome girlfriend ) is approx 5-10