Ford November Sales up 24%

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33592

PDF Chart

FORD NOVEMBER SALES UP 24 PERCENT; GAINS ACROSS FULL VEHICLE PORTFOLIO – CARS, UTILITIES AND TRUCKS

Ford, Lincoln and Mercury November sales totaled 147,338, up 24 percent versus year ago

Ford’s year-to-date sales totaled 1.74 million, up 21 percent; Ford’s sales growth doubled the industry average

Ford’s balanced portfolio of high-quality, fuel-efficient cars, utilities and trucks drove November sales gains; cars up 25 percent, utilities up 13 percent and trucks up 34 percent

Fusion set new full-year sales record

Ford announces first quarter 2011 North American production plan

Download Full Sales Release (With Tables)

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 1, 2010 – Consumer demand for Ford Motor Company’s fresh lineup of high-quality, fuel-efficient vehicles boosted November sales 24 percent versus a year ago, with 147,338 units sold.

Year-to-date, Ford, Lincoln and Mercury sales totaled 1.74 million, up 21 percent – growing at double the overall industry rate. Ford remains on track to gain market share for the second year in a row – a result not achieved since 1993.

“With our strongest-ever line of products, we’re pleased to see more signs the economy is growing and the demand for new vehicles is increasing,” said Ken Czubay, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Ford’s broad range of high-quality, fuel-efficient vehicles is driving one of our best years ever and positioning Ford to deliver improved results in the future.”

Edited by mustang84isu

Mustang up 12.8%. Camaro down 39.4%.

However, the Camaro did outsell the Mustang by 71 units (4,164 vs 4,093).

Source

Ford133,544 Chevrolet: 117,588

Mercury 6,146 Buick: 11,725

GMC: 27,590,

Lincoln 7,648 Cadillac, 11,801

Ford brand did a great job. Lincoln need some more effort. Hope thos Mercury owners can buy Ford or Lincoln brand car or truck.

Very good! I think the MKZ is really getting help from the "same price" Hybrid models....good call on that one Ford. Fusion is looking great as well.

Does it really say the MKT has sold 6,797 all year? Wow. I'm guess the MCE will make some definite changes to the schnoz. It seems like a really nice truck once you get past the frontend.

Edited by Intrepidatious

Other than the MKS, those are very good numbers.

Don't forget the poor MKT numbers and Taurus and Navigator numbers on thin side also. Expeditions sales were strong. Maybe Ford is throwing money on hood, I don't know. Crown Vic sales were strong and looks like Mercury inventory is dwindling but still decent numbers. Fiesta sales need to improve. Focus with big money on hood is probably hurting Fiesta sales. $20,000 Focuses going for $13,000 is probably hurting Fiesta sales.

Very good! I think the MKZ is really getting help from the "same price" Hybrid models....good call on that one Ford. Fusion is looking great as well.

Does it really say the MKT has sold 6,797 all year? Wow. I'm guess the MCE will make some definite changes to the schnoz. It seems like a really nice truck once you get past the frontend.

It isn't just the front - the back is equally as ugly. They whole concept needs to be rethought, the MKT needs more SUV styling and ride height - it would sell much better, it looks like a big fat whale.

Wonder how next years sales are going to look when you start taking out the 5k and 3k the Ranger and Crown Vic contribute each month. Also cars like the Fusion will be very near the end of their life cycle, and have new cars from Toyota and Chevrolet.

Actually...as much as I thought a sliding door to make them into minivans were stupid at the beginning... I'm coming around to think that maybe adding sliding doors will help for these 2 products... I don't know. Minivan is a dying segment that's shrinking by the year...maybe killing it would be better.

Time for Ford to cut their losses on the Flex and MKT and pull the plug, the Explorer will get the job done and Lincoln needs a version.

It isn't just the front - the back is equally as ugly. They whole concept needs to be rethought, the MKT needs more SUV styling and ride height - it would sell much better, it looks like a big fat whale.

Wonder how next years sales are going to look when you start taking out the 5k and 3k the Ranger and Crown Vic contribute each month. Also cars like the Fusion will be very near the end of their life cycle, and have new cars from Toyota and Chevrolet.

The MKT didn't have the best concept-to-production transition, I will admit, but I do still like the vehicle.

Keep in mind despite losing the Ranger and CV from sales numbers, Explorer and Focus will be new, so some of the lost volume will be made up there.

Time for Ford to cut their losses on the Flex and MKT and pull the plug, the Explorer will get the job done and Lincoln needs a version.

I take a different view, MKT, Explorer and Flex, all have starting prices above $29K.

So while Explorer will "get the job done", Flex is mostly mid and high series sale

and being on the same platform means it is basically an incremental increase.

MKT "appears" unsuccessful but higher prices are balancing those lower volumes.

Can't help thinking that Lincoln Explorer and MKT changed to LWB sedan would work much better...

The MKT is going to be turned into a livery queen replacing the Town Car. So it will stick around selling like the Town Car does now or a little worse. Watch what you say about the Flex...you are about to be flamed for talking blasphemy against that vehicle. It will be interesting to see Flex sales when the new Explorer starts selling in numbers. Very interesting. Ford will probably keep it around for a couple more years with no advertising and just let it die a slow, silent death like they have with so many other vehicles. Ford will do what it takes to keep the Explorer current, but the Flex is not worth the development bucks. Never will get past approval committee.

These vehicles have to pay for their own tooling. That's it. Everything else is either covered in the purchase price from a Tier 1 (interior trim, window glass), or is amortized across a broad range of products.

And at >$50k transactions for the MKT & around $40k for the Flex, they're doing that just fine.

Ford plans to build 635,000 vehicles in the first quarter 2011, up 61,000 vehicles (11 percent)

compared with the first quarter 2010. Ford’s fourth quarter production plan of 590,000 vehicles is

unchanged from the previous forecast.

Just another sign that next year is going to be even bigger for Ford.

Nope. Flex and MKT have an upcoming MCE, and the 2nd gen is in the works. The MCE'd models are leaving the D4 platform back onto D3 (per Wescoent) and the next-gen will migrate onto the stretched EUCD (a la next Taurus). Explorer and Lincoln-Explorer variant [not confirmed but in development] will continue on D4.

So, the new EUCD platform:

-(SWB) Fusion/Modeo/MKZ and Edge/MKX

-(LWB) Taurus/MKS/Flex/MKT

-Galaxy (?)

Edited by PREMiERdrum

These vehicles have to pay for their own tooling. That's it. Everything else is either covered in the purchase price from a Tier 1 (interior trim, window glass), or is amortized across a broad range of products.

And at >$50k transactions for the MKT & around $40k for the Flex, they're doing that just fine.

Those transaction prices more than justify the lower volumes and since they also share a lot of the more

expensive engineering with Taurus and new Explorer, It's not like they're completely unique vehicles.

I sense that some posters are missing the whole concept of efficient use of D3/D4

and that every version released is some kind of orphan platform failure....

Edit,

Did I hear correct that Lincoln livery vehicles will be coming from OAC in the near future?

Edited by jpd80

Nope. Flex and MKT have an upcoming MCE, and the 2nd gen is in the works. The MCE'd models are leaving the D4 platform back onto D3 (per Wescoent) and the next-gen will migrate onto the stretched EUCD (a la next Taurus). Explorer and Lincoln-Explorer variant [not confirmed but in development] will continue on D4.

So, the new EUCD platform:

-(SWB) Fusion/Modeo/MKZ and Edge/MKX

-(LWB) Taurus/MKS/Flex/MKT

-Galaxy (?)

What is the difference between D3 and D4 and why are Flex and MKT moving to D3 for the MCE. Why not just wait till 2nd generation and the switch to EUCD. Why will Explorer and MKExplorer stay on D4. Sorry for all the questions just curious.

What is the difference between D3 and D4 and why are Flex and MKT moving to D3 for the MCE. Why not just wait till 2nd generation and the switch to EUCD. Why will Explorer and MKExplorer stay on D4. Sorry for all the questions just curious.

The difference between D3/4 are debatable, but if Wescoent says it I believe it.

There have been arguments about exactly what makes D4, D4... Ford has never come right out and said. My guess would be that they are trying to align the Flex/MKT programs closer to the Taurus/MKS for manufacturing efficiencies? No clue.

I'd also guess that D4 will be allowed to develop and evolve into a crossover-centric platform, removing any restrictions from the program that were required for their sedan counterparts.