Lincoln debuts MKT town car.

Which do you think cost more to develop? The Panamera or the MKS? MKT?

Which brand has a higher profit margin, Porsche or Lincoln? Porsche is often referred to as most profitable brand in the world, at least before financial crisis hit full force. I must say, I'm very impressed with the Panamera, especially the S model. The price is way more than I would spend on any vehicle, but it's mighty impressive. While waiting today for vehicle as I was getting it ready for summer season, I checked out two new Panamera's sitting out front, both S models. One stickered for $119,000 and another for $130,000. The interior is unbelievable and the body is so low and sleek. The vehicle definitely turns heads. If I won the lottery........... Porsche has it together.

Which brand has a higher profit margin, Porsche or Lincoln? Porsche is often referred to as most profitable brand in the world, at least before financial crisis hit full force. I must say, I'm very impressed with the Panamera, especially the S model. The price is way more than I would spend on any vehicle, but it's mighty impressive. While waiting today for vehicle as I was getting it ready for summer season, I checked out two new Panamera's sitting out front, both S models. One stickered for $119,000 and another for $130,000. The interior is unbelievable and the body is so low and sleek. The vehicle definitely turns heads. If I won the lottery........... Porsche has it together.

Just think...Porsches without numbers, just very cool names like Panamera, Cayenne, Boxster, and Cayman. Paying attention Lincoln? Give your new vehicles cool names. Drop the alphabet soup names.

Just think...Porsches without numbers, just very cool names like Panamera, Cayenne, Boxster, and Cayman. Paying attention Lincoln? Give your new vehicles cool names. Drop the alphabet soup names.

Did you really just quote yourself? :shades:

I'm with you on the names, though. I'll post it here tonight, but Part 2 of my "Tarnished Chrome: How to fix Lincoln" blog entry will be published tonight. As much crap as I give you around here ( :beerchug: all in good fun) I think you'll see we agree on a lot that's wrong with Lincoln, and how to fix it.

Since when does sales equal profit?

In the case of that platform... pretty much forever... and by quite a bit ( profit margin wise ;) ).

Meanwhile it looks like the MK___ line ( all of them combined ) are

STILL underselling just the TC. Heck, you could pick another

brand to include in there and your still underselling the old TC :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Pure Genius I tell you... Pure Genius :doh: :doh: :doh:

:reading:

That probably was true when there was enough volume to keep the plants near capacity but now now.

Still profitable. That platform costs so little to make, on a TC profit relative to plant cost must be 60%.

That platform BTW until very very recently ( and maybe even today for all I know ) was essentially the

only profit center in the entire company. All other lines were cost items not profit items... :ohsnap:

:sos:

Still profitable. That platform costs so little to make, on a TC profit relative to plant cost must be 60%.

That platform BTW until very very recently ( and maybe even today for all I know ) was essentially the

only profit center in the entire company. All other lines were cost items not profit items...

I guess you never heard of the F Series? Or how about the Explorer back in its hayday?

The only reason the Panthers made any profit was they where barely changed over the years and to make them worthwhile for the future would have killed any reason to update them. Thus they are getting sent to the glue factory.

Plus last time I checked ALL products Ford make now make a profit or are profitible...per Mullaly.

Really? And you know exactly how much it costs to run an entire plant with one shift?

If it was still making that much money (including the investment needed to bring the platform up to date) then Ford wouldn't have killed it.

You're just pulling stuff out of your nether regions now.

only profit center in the entire company. All other lines were cost items not profit items...

Really? You don't think the F150 ever made money? Or the old Explorer when it was selling 400K/year? Or the 86 Taurus?

The battle is over. You lost. Get over it.

• 1 month later...

. :reading: Btw, Porsche has 16% profit margin on every vehicle it sells. Maybe Lincoln needs to read its business model.

Yes, because Porsche's business model is comparable to Lincoln's. :rolleyes:

May as well compare Porsche's business model to Frito Lay.

What is this?

2009-Porsche-911-Carrera-01.jpg

Now why don't you, for the love of pete, SHUT UP.

Check out those big ol' Porsche yellow calipers on all four wheels as Ford gives customer of latest Boss Mustang big Brembos on front and tiny stock calipers on rear that wont' stand up more than one lap of Laguna Seca.

Check out those big ol' Porsche yellow calipers on all four wheels as Ford gives customer of latest Boss Mustang big Brembos on front and tiny stock calipers on rear that wont' stand up more than one lap of Laguna Seca.

:headscratch:

You do know that the vast majority of braking force is applied by the front brakes, right? If the Boss Mustang development budget was as large as the 911's, I'm sure it would have beefier brakes all around, but for what it is, the Boss performs on the track just fine.

Someone seems to be forgetting the laws of physics....your front brakes do 80-90% of the total stopping power on a car.

All your doing with those shiny yellow calipers on that Porsche is wasting money....