Lincoln debuts MKT town car.

Wow. That thing is ugly.

IMO its ugly in pictures and its pretty decent in Person...the rear of the car needs more work...it reminds me too much of the Lando rear-end seen on the Seville and Continental back in the early 1980s. I've been seeing more and more of them back home where I live.

Though I seriously wonder how its going to look like when its made into a strech limo...might be vomit inducing.

I'm interested in seeing what the stretched one looks. I still think the rear end is hideous, even in person. Is the name "MKT Town Car' a hint of where the letters, and names will be married together, hm the 2014 MKZ Zephyr", the 2014, MKC Continental?... Blah, reminds me of Mercedes Benz, CL63 AMG Ensigno OPP, with an OCD in ADD. Blah... Do we know if the Ecoboost will be the standard engine? There is a hint of it since it stated the stretched would be AWD standard, therefore might be a high probability of doing so.

It is pretty ugly.

Lincoln rant: Ford is utterly clueless as to what to do with Lincoln. In my opinion, they need to stop appealing to the throng of people who remember the Continental and Town Car. Old people don't matter, that's why their old.

I'm not impressed with what Ford has done so far. The quality and craftmanship are up, but the styling is completely overwrought. Like the cars, even the Lincoln logo has become clunky looking. I'm still holding out hope for the new guy...whoever is designing Lincolns now doesn't have an eye for elegant, cohesive design. The Lincoln LS has been gone for a number of years but even the first year models still look fresh. Lincoln needs to be timeless, not tacky.

Wonder if an MKT with a proper trunk would appeal to the more conservative Lincoln buyer tastes...

Yes, most Town Cars go to liveries but the people who ride in them expect a certain kind of look.

I think this car is just a little too hunchback for most buyers, but eliminating TC will get sales up .

Is the "new" MKT Town Car supposed to count as one of Lincoln's SEVEN new or refreshed vehicles? If so, then Lincoln is in even more trouble than I originally thought. I'm not even sure chasing Cop and Livery sales is such a great idea. Everytime I see a CV or Charger in my rear view mirror I think it's probably a cop car. And a Town Car is probably a Metro Cab or doing limo service. Let Chrysler have that business and GM if they want it.

• Like 1

This is nothing more than a livery car replacement for the departing Town Car. Nothing more, nothing less. As long as it's highly functional and comfortable I don't think it matters too much what the outside looks like. Let's face it - the current Town Car is no looker either.

Take your rants to the Lincoln sucks thread.

<rant>

The Town Car name is ridiculous, even on an overblown taxi cab like this.

</rant>

I say bring back the Fleetwood Cadillac. :happy feet: When I was a teenager, I remember I had a job limoing customers from a high scale restaurant to the Fisher Theater across the street from the GM building in a giant Fleetwood Cadillac. Talk about leg room. :stirpot:

I say bring back the Fleetwood Cadillac. :happy feet: When I was a teenager, I remember I had a job limoing customers from a high scale restaurant to the Fisher Theater across the street from the GM building in a giant Fleetwood Cadillac. Talk about leg room. :stirpot:

Current Caddys have no luggage room compared to the old Town Car and the MKT Town Car will make that difference even larger. That's why you hardly ever see Caddys as livery cars.

When they lengthen the MKS it will take over as the flagship with the MKT being primarily a livery/limo option with niche retail sales. This makes a Lincoln version of the Explorer even more likely.

• Like 1

Current Caddys have no luggage room compared to the old Town Car and the MKT Town Car will make that difference even larger. That's why you hardly ever see Caddys as livery cars.

When they lengthen the MKS it will take over as the flagship with the MKT being primarily a livery/limo option with niche retail sales. This makes a Lincoln version of the Explorer even more likely.

Metro Cab that has the exclusive contract to Metro Airport and back uses Cadillac DTS and Lincoln Town Car as their main modes of transit. Just the regular sedans in most cases. They charge a flat rate to and from and if you call them rather than park you car on Metro lots for days, you generally get one of the two. I've been in both and yes I find the Town Car more roomy in general.

I do like the sedan chop of it though. The benefit of the MKT based limo will be the leg room, and the ingress/egress of it. Most annoying thing I find about limo's is getting in, hunching over, and like Helen Keller, walk around find your place to sit (when you have a super stretch), and I always feel bad for the older women, with dresses trying to accomplish the same. With the MarKeT Limo, the height of it will make that an advantage. I have been inside Navi Stretch Limos a few times and I'm expecting sort of the same experience in that regard. Easy in, Easy out.

I'm not sure how you got there...but I was looking at the pricing on the current Town Car L (which is used mostly for airport livery...or what I've be in)...its nearly 50K! The MKT is cheaper then the TC L by a fair amount, esp when you use the standard 3.7L FWD, which the vast majortory of the MKT Towncars will be.

I guess you never heard the uproar about the LS's styling and how it looked too much like a Mustibishi Galant of the time.

No I had, but I had heard Diamante.

It doesn't change the fact that the LS has aged very gracefully and Lincoln has historically been an understated luxury brand. I don't know why they feel they need to out-bling Cadillac with a big toothy grille.

Edited by mustang84isu