What Location Should Get Product Commitments?

Empire

Who needs product the most  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Please select a location that has to get products in this agreement

• AAI
    • OHAP
    • DEP
    • Romeo
    • Cleveland 1
    • Cleveland 2
    • Livonia
    • Sharonville
    • Steriling
    • DSP
    • DDMP
    • Woodhaven
    • Buffalo
    • Walton Hills
    • Rawsonville

I may have left a manufacturing location off the poll so if I missed your location please post and I will add it in.

The following locations were left off of the product investment poll because they received the Billions of dollars of investments from the 2007 product commitments and they most likely will be hiring more people because of the investments in 2007. Not to take away the importance they may need some future work but the locations in the poll are in need of commitments for the future and ultimate job security of thousands of our Brothers and Sisters.

Recipients of the 2007 Product Commitments excluded from the poll

MAP

ISA

DTP

LAP

KTP

KCAP

CAP

CSP

Woodhaven Forge

Van Dyke

Lima

Edited by Empire
  • Like 3

I may have left a manufacturing location off the poll so if I missed your location please post and I will add it in.

The following locations were left off of the product investment poll because they received the Billions of dollars of investments from the 2007 product commitments and they most likely will be hiring more people because of the investments in 2007. Not to take away the importance they may need some future work but the locations in the poll are in need of commitments for the future and ultimate job security of thousands of our Brothers and Sisters.

MAP

ISA

DTP

LAP

KTP

KCAP

CAP

CSP

Woodhaven Forge

Van Dyke

Lima

AAI located in zone 1 (sure Im biased) needs to add 2 more shifts of production. This will help the many Skilled displaced in zone 1

• Like 3

Romeo engine....The east side has been hurt badly with two out of five plant closings. Romeo is in danger of closing if they don't get a new product there. Many of our people have bit the bullet and transferred both out of zone and out of state, but there are many more jobs at stake if Romeo doesn't get new work. Romeo,Romeo please don't forget Romeo.

Edited by EvilTwin
  • Like 1

I am also going to put out a (very) wild card. Reopen a closed, or soon to be closed plant. A solar panel and energy company was going to buy Wixom, but that fell through and Ford is trying to market the site- good luck with that. Ford could do an arrangement like they did at GM Orion to build some of the Fiestas there as well as the Transit Connect, and Ecosport SUV while having onsite suppliers. Hey, I know it sounds crazy, but GM agreed to reopen a plant, place a second on standby, and add a compact car to a third.

I am also going to put out a (very) wild card. Reopen a closed, or soon to be closed plant. A solar panel and energy company was going to buy Wixom, but that fell through and Ford is trying to market the site- good luck with that. Ford could do an arrangement like they did at GM Orion to build some of the Fiestas there as well as the Transit Connect, and Ecosport SUV while having onsite suppliers. Hey, I know it sounds crazy, but GM agreed to reopen a plant, place a second on standby, and add a compact car to a third.

Always a pleasure to read your posts, sir!

Ford's resident economists and analysts are still predicting that if the economy recovers, sales could once again return to 16-17 million units/year or more.

If that happens, and our market share grows with that, it's not a pipe dream that we could use another U.S. plant or two.

Keep Wixom and Twin Cities open! :}

Always a pleasure to read your posts, sir!

Ford's resident economists and analysts are still predicting that if the economy recovers, sales could once again return to 16-17 million units/year or more.

If that happens, and our market share grows with that, it's not a pipe dream that we could use another U.S. plant or two.

Keep Wixom and Twin Cities open! :}

That would be soooooo cool if that were to happen! Wixom was a great family, and I miss it dearly!!!!

• Like 1

MAP

ISA

DTP

LAP

KTP

KCAP

CAP

CSP

Woodhaven Forge

Van Dyke

Lima

How about Rawsonville?

Very good idea and anything is possible.

Edited by Machine Man
  • Like 1

Romeo engine....The east side has been hurt badly with two out of five plant closings. Romeo is in danger of closing if they don't get a new product there. Many of our people have bit the bullet and transferred both out of zone and out of state, but there are many more jobs at stake if Romeo doesn't get new work. Romeo,Romeo please don't forget Romeo.

I have noticed over the past couple of years that there are many Zone 2 or "East Siders" in the Rouge and Zone 1 as a whole. Romeo product would be good. Vandyke has been getting a large amount of investment and Sterling has too. Romeo investment would be a trifecta for the East Side :drool:

• Like 1

At the Rouge we need work at DDMP, DSP and DEP. The only plant that doesn't seem to need work and is full is DTP. Guess where we get all our union problems? DTP!!!

I am from DTP and agree that the other units in the Rouge need product commitments. I voted for DSP

• Like 3

I would say that Twin Cities are most in need of commitment of a new product. Ranger production is scheduled to end in Dec. Could potentially add 1400 additional jobs for a total exceeding 2000 employees - if plant is updated and second shift is added. Pattern bargaining: if GM can reopen a closed plant, why not Ford keep an existing plant in operation? Just saying.

The problem, for one is a bargaining rep named Gary who has a full plant and he and his moron army want all our concessions back right now. They only give a damn about how much money they can shove into their pockets at the rest of our brothers and sisters expense. This is even dumber when you realize at the same time, most of the rest of the Rouge and many of our UAW locations in the USA need product.

Edited by Rouge rat
  • Like 3

I would say that Twin Cities are most in need of commitment of a new product. Ranger production is scheduled to end in Dec. Could potentially add 1400 additional jobs for a total exceeding 2000 employees - if plant is updated and second shift is added. Pattern bargaining: if GM can reopen a closed plant, why not Ford keep an existing plant in operation? Just saying.

I agree. Keep Twin Cities open and find another product to put in AAI with the mustang. Then Ohio needs to get another product.

MAP

ISA

DTP

LAP

KTP

KCAP

CAP

CSP

Woodhaven Forge

Van Dyke

Lima

Sorry did not vote ALL was not an option, I am pretty shocked considering who started the post that the *all* option was not included.

Sorry did not vote ALL was not an option, I am pretty shocked considering who started the post that the *all* option was not included.

All probably should have been included. We do have plants that are loaded with product, maybe that is why that was left out.

• Like 1

All probably should have been included. We do have plants that are loaded with product, maybe that is why that was left out.

I simply responded to the topic title

What Location Should Get Product Commitments? Who needs product the most for job security

With that question alone the answer is simple, we all need commitments to continue to keep working. Yes even the plants that are full currently, unless the small print where "job security " was mentioned was not truthfully intended.

OHAP should get a new product line....the body shop there is already over twenty years old. we were promised a new product last

contract but got nothing....The body shop is already ten years to twelve yaers past it's life span....holding it together with band aids.....it will be lucky to last another year or two....