YES or NO on this contract?

DTP MANIAC

There is a cap on Profit Sharing of 12 thousand dollars MAX

I'm not for the contract, but can you please point out where the 12 thou max is in the contract? The highlights mention an average of $20 thou over the life of contract. Please point out the page number....

Thanks

I will be voting yes! Some of you have to realize that we are still in a very volatile economic environment. With the number of people still out of work, think of the bad PR Ford employees would get if this contract is voted down. Americans still admire Ford for not taking government money, so do you really want to throw that away by striking?? Yes there are things that I wish we would have won back, like dependent tuition assistance, but for right now, I think this is a fair contract. Ford may be profitable, but they still hold a lot of debt. We must remember that fact! The inequality between white collar and blue collar workers is just not something that we can fight at this time. Hold on to America's respect, and someday we will win many concessions back.

If you are skilled trades and you do not like this contract, and you feel that you being treated unfairly, then quit and find another job!

• Like 3

I'm not for the contract, but can you please point out where the 12 thou max is in the contract? The highlights mention an average of $20 thou over the life of contract. Please point out the page number....

Thanks

Strictly profit share is 12K....the larger number combines the inflation bonuses, the $250 competitive bonus, signing bonus etc......along with the profit share.....to get that average.

Page 519 of the contract states the 12K max

Right now, I would have to lean to no. The product commitments for KCAP and AAI are much welcomed, but I feel that closing Walton Hills is a crock, and Woodhaven Stamping has no commitments beyond the current F-series and Navigator/Expedition. Aside from the Fusion being insourced, a lot of these product commitments are not necessarily things that are a surprise. I really was expecting more considering how long these negotiations dragged out.

No.

For those of you sucking company Teats, if they don't want to economically harm themselves than offer an extra 2K to us in stock options.

Why couldn't the UAW Ford Dept have gotten 100 million in stock options to be divided among all its hourly.

Really??? Think about what you are saying??

• Like 1

I will be voting yes! Some of you have to realize that we are still in a very volatile economic environment. With the number of people still out of work, think of the bad PR Ford employees would get if this contract is voted down. Americans still admire Ford for not taking government money, so do you really want to throw that away by striking?? Yes there are things that I wish we would have won back, like dependent tuition assistance, but for right now, I think this is a fair contract. Ford may be profitable, but they still hold a lot of debt. We must remember that fact! The inequality between white collar and blue collar workers is just not something that we can fight at this time. Hold on to America's respect, and someday we will win many concessions back.

If you are skilled trades and you do not like this contract, and you feel that you being treated unfairly, then quit and find another job!

I was basically with you until you shit on yourself with your last comment on trades. You try giving up 10k a year in wages to go back to production after your plant closes. Then transfer to another plant and watch them put people in your trade that have lower seniority. They have every right to be upset. Don't bash trades or production. We are all the uaw.

• Like 1

I like a lot of things about this tentative agreement (new product, profit sharing formula, more jobs (even though there aimed at the 2 tier worker) and the reloading of sub & tap) but there are also some things that are missing. Such as a commitment on one for one replacement for the buyouts. We need to do more for the long term I.L.O.'s , not just sweep them under the rug. Move them up on the hierarchy if they have no plant to go home to.

Also that premium time after 8 hours is for backup time only the way I read it. Correct me if i'm wrong.

• Like 1

Did we screwed on Profit Sharing even thou it was supposed to be made better? Ford has made over 5 billion in the 1st half of the year...so by the chart GM had we should all get 5K...why 3,700? So basically we get an "improved" profit sharing but we get less then a bankrupt company? THE BOTTOM LINE IS THE UNION GOT BACK EXACTLY NOTHING OF WHAT WE GAVE UP IN CONCESSIONS TO HELP THE COMPANY GET BACK TO PROFIT. WE ARE BACK TO PROFIT AND THEY RETURNED NOTHING....EASY NO FOR ME.

• Like 1

Did we screwed on Profit Sharing even thou it was supposed to be made better? Ford has made over 5 billion in the 1st half of the year...so by the chart GM had we should all get 5K...why 3,700? So basically we get an "improved" profit sharing but we get less then a bankrupt company? THE BOTTOM LINE IS THE UNION GOT BACK EXACTLY NOTHING OF WHAT WE GAVE UP IN CONCESSIONS TO HELP THE COMPANY GET BACK TO PROFIT. WE ARE BACK TO PROFIT AND THEY RETURNED NOTHING....EASY NO FOR ME.

The 3700 is for the first 6 months of this year. It was "accelerated". Next march we will get the profit share of the last half of this year instead of a full amount of 2011.

• Like 2

Strictly profit share is 12K....the larger number combines the inflation bonuses, the $250 competitive bonus, signing bonus etc......along with the profit share.....to get that average.

Page 519 of the contract states the 12K max

Thanks. I found it. Even though 12k is alot for an annual profit share, there should be NO CAP. We should all share in the profit, not matter how large. This is unfare. That gives them a "fixed" number against us but we cannot have fixed raises or the such....

VOTE NO

Im a no vote on this one, and not so much on the signing bonus. I thought the VEBA was good for 80 years? what the hell happened?

I thought Bob said that the grievance had to be settled first? No mention of it!!!! What happened to all the other promises that was made? I fell like we the middle class union members going getting a shaft you know where. We must do the right thing here.

A NO vote from me. This is not much better than GM's contract. IT is all about the international getting more dues. Thats it.

Thanks

[/quote

its on page 519 of the big agreement release

• Like 1

Its time to get creative with our compensation if the UAW and the company are going to tag team us on it.

I wouldn't mind 2k in options

2013 1,000

2014 1,000

I'd hold them for long term, perhaps one day we get back into the 40's instead of $10.

sure its not much but its something.

I think it's a good idea. The execs get bonuses and this, I don't think it's a bad idea to throw some our way in addition to normal bonuses.

You either have to be fucked up or brain dead to vote NO on this contract. This brings jobs and products to most of our plants. Gives us a good chunk of change, helps out Entry Level. Shit, everything you fuckers complained about is in this agreement. I'm voting YES and I am sure my plant will pass it by a LARGE MARGIN.

Just as you'd have to be f*cked-up or brain dead to vote yes with more than a little confidence in it's follow-through. "Screw my brother, I'M getting a new product and I'M going to be getting O.T. and job security." I didn't make that up in a fantasy world. It's your brother and sister in those plants with assured products, new hires getting raises, and short-time employees with so little time with the company or so young, 40+ year folks planning on bailing out on the repercussions after they cash a check for $100,000.00, that even if the feces hit the rotary air circulator, they would be no worse off by accepting the deal for the signing and profit-sharing "carrots".

I'd vote NO, but I cannot foresee the UAW/Ford team offering anything significantly different if we did. It is what it is. THIS is not October 2009. This is not surrendering our right to strike. This is a stinking, smelly, rotten, putrid, back-handed, slippery language compromise. I have no faith we would ever be offered anything that was not.

BTW, never forget "commitments" of new products, is nothing but smoke up your ass. FORD never upheld the commitments in the 2007 contract, or re-commitments in 2009, with an offer to re-re-commit in October 2009, for new product at no less than one plant. So be careful assigning too much faith to a contractual "commitment". I may vote yes with my personal reservations, but I will NEVER take the contractual language on faith!!!!!! I've been burned by it before as hundreds of others have as well.

• Like 2

No.

For those of you sucking company Teats, if they don't want to economically harm themselves than offer an extra 2K to us in stock options.

Why couldn't the UAW Ford Dept have gotten 100 million in stock options to be divided among all its hourly.

Nice, that's a good idea...

I say FUCK YOU to the IUAW!!!! You can suck my dick!!! You rotten fucks have been guiding managements dicks up our asses for years and telling us how you are helping us and our future. You sorry motherfuckers are only interested in keeping the rolls up and raking in good ole union dues, hence the huge emphasis in this piece of tp that you are calling a contract proposal, on more jobs and higher wages for 2nd tier employees. They get almost a $4 an hour raise and we haven't had one in 8 years and now you want us to make it 12? FUCK YOU!! No COLA per hour? FUCK YOU!! No 6 min per hour breaks? FUCK YOU!! Taking 10% of our profit sharing? FUCK, FUCK AND TRIPLE FUCK YOU!!

Listen people out in the plants. You need to pressure and I do mean pressure your sorry ass scared pussy reps that go to the fagfest constitutional convention or whatever they call it and vote to allow us to vote on our international leadership. Hey you fucks up there. We are sick of you and I am going to lead a charge and I'm coming for your jobs. You are finished fucking us and padding your own pockets. I think all of your financial dealings needs to be investigated and I'm sure they would find that you have taken money under the table to throw us under the bus. The answer is NO from me here at KTP. Make it right our take us out fuckers. I demand it.

post-43703-0-81543500-1317777530_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

im a YES. and im grateful everyday for my job at Fords, im earning a wage much higher than the average worker, I've got great health insurace that has saved my wifes life twice now, once from lung cancer and then from brain anyursims, I thank Ford and the UAW for my towncar and my F-150, For my beautiful home, my boat my Polaris rv and for my pension plan and my 401. I think you guys ougth to count your blessing and be happy with all you have, look around you at what the rest of the countrys going through, over 9% unemployment, I can't believe the hatred im hearing for a company and union who have made it possible for each of you to have what you do have, im sure glad I don't know any of you cause I would surely feel ashamed to call any of you, friends.

• Like 2

I say FUCK YOU to the IUAW!!!! You can suck my dick!!! You rotten fucks have been guiding managements dicks up our asses for years and telling us how you are helping us and our future. You sorry motherfuckers are only interested in keeping the rolls up and raking in good ole union dues, hence the huge emphasis in this piece of tp that you are calling a contract proposal, on more jobs and higher wages for 2nd tier employees. They get almost a $4 an hour raise and we haven't had one in 8 years and now you want us to make it 12? FUCK YOU!! No COLA per hour? FUCK YOU!! No 6 min per hour breaks? FUCK YOU!! Taking 10% of our profit sharing? FUCK, FUCK AND TRIPLE FUCK YOU!!

Listen people out in the plants. You need to pressure and I do mean pressure your sorry ass scared pussy reps that go to the fagfest constitutional convention or whatever they call it and vote to allow us to vote on our international leadership. Hey you fucks up there. We are sick of you and I am going to lead a charge and I'm coming for your jobs. You are finished fucking us and padding your own pockets. I think all of your financial dealings needs to be investigated and I'm sure they would find that you have taken money under the table to throw us under the bus. The answer is NO from me here at KTP. Make it right our take us out fuckers. I demand it.

post-43703-0-81543500-1317777530_thumb.jpg

Such class!

• Like 1

im a YES. and im grateful everyday for my job at Fords, im earning a wage much higher than the average worker, I've got great health insurace that has saved my wifes life twice now, once from lung cancer and then from brain anyursims, I thank Ford and the UAW for my towncar and my F-150, For my beautiful home, my boat my Polaris rv and for my pension plan and my 401. I think you guys ougth to count your blessing and be happy with all you have, look around you at what the rest of the countrys going through, over 9% unemployment, I can't believe the hatred im hearing for a company and union who have made it possible for each of you to have what you do have, im sure glad I don't know any of you cause I would surely feel ashamed to call any of you, friends.

Don't worry I wouldn't like you anyway company/union drone. I don't fraternize with feminine men. As for your benefits, the international "leadership" enjoys better benefits. Better pension that just so happens to not be reduced by the amount of social security they receive and provided that my info that i have been given, their health insurance is much more robust than yours with less out of pocket expenses. I can remember back about 8 years ago my local leadership, the chairman and 2 of the 3 members of the bargaining committee were all fortunate enough to be "buying" new super duty trucks decked to the nuts at the same time, which just by coincidence happened to be directly after the contracts were ratified by a 51% to 49% margin. But that is OK cause my buddy took a piss in the back floorboard of each one as an extra gift for their efforts. Don't be a drone.

post-43703-0-98641000-1317778840_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1