Skilled Trades Going Back To Skilled

Skilled1

Good news for Skilled in this agreement. Many (over 600) now working in production or ILO will be returning to Skilled under this agreement.

This windfall of job security and buy outs will bring my Skilled brethren back to Skilled.

Welcome back brothers for soon you will be back on your tools earning your skilled wage

Good job IUAW

• Like 1

Good news for Skilled in this agreement. Many (over 600) now working in production or ILO will be returning to Skilled under this agreement.

This windfall of job security and buy outs will bring my Skilled brethren back to Skilled.

Welcome back brothers for soon you will be back on your tools earning your skilled wage

Good job IUAW

Amen.

Good job IUAW

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU READING???? THIS IS THE SAME BS THAT HAPPENED FOUR YEARS AGO? IN THE PAST 3 YEARS THERE HAVE BEEN MAYBE 30 TO 40 POSTINGS FOR VARIUOS TRADES.

I THINK YOU ARE GETTING WAY TO EXCITED ABOUT NOTHING.THEY HAD BUYOUTS IN THE LAST CONTRACT AND THEY REPLACED LIKE 1 FOR EVERY 5 AND THATS BEING GENEROUS!

WITH NO REAL INCENTIVE TO PUT US BACK, I WOULD NOT GET EXCITED AT ALL.THEY HAVE BEEN SAYING THEY WERE GOING TO "HAVE TALKS ABOUT RETRAINING SINCE GEN ENDED...WOW 5 JOBS. THEY HAVE HAD TALKS ABOUT PUTTING MORE TRADES ON, GREEDY CHAIRPERSONS DO NOT WANT TO BRING IN MORE TRADES AND PISS OFF VOTERS.

IM VOTING NO, THERE IS NO REAL INCENTIVE OR SOLID INFORMATION ABOUT HOW OR WHEN. "WE WILL HAVE TALKS"....MY ASS!!

10% PROFIT SHARING TOWARDS VEBA THE UNION WANTED...BS.

NO COLA....BS.

NO SKILLED TRADES PAY WHILE ON PRODUCTION, THEY OFFERD IT IN 2009 WHERE IS IT NOW???????

NOW THAT IS AN INCENTIVE TO PUT US BACK ON OR "RESKILL" WHAT EVER THAT CRAP MEANS, THAT SOUNDS FISHY TOO.

Edited by uawfactoryrat
  • Like 1

Didn't we vote down the mechanical work teams in the last modification attempt? Why are they in here now? I like how it says efficiencies will not result in the direct and IMMEDIATE layoff of mechanical trades. Notice it doesn't say that layoffs won't happen later down the road because of them.

"When mechanical work teams are launched, team members will receive the negotiated wage rate (nonpersonalized) of the highest classification on the team. Skilled trades efficiencies achieved as a direct result of the implementation of mechanical work teams will not result in the direct and immediate layoff of mechanical trades."

Didn't we vote down the mechanical work teams in the last modification attempt? Why are they in here now? I like how it says efficiencies will not result in the direct and IMMEDIATE layoff of mechanical trades. Notice it doesn't say that layoffs won't happen later down the road because of them.

"When mechanical work teams are launched, team members will receive the negotiated wage rate (nonpersonalized) of the highest classification on the team. Skilled trades efficiencies achieved as a direct result of the implementation of mechanical work teams will not result in the direct and immediate layoff of mechanical trades."

Work teams were actually negotiated in 2007 and they were based off of the European model, unfortunately they have not implemented this in too many locations, but usually it creates jobs with more flexability for keep project work. what was left out of the 2007 work teams was the European model, which gives training $$, wage increases and no lay-offs. This will be implemented in the 2011 agreement to protect our trades and packages to hopefuly put them back on their trades or get $50k to stay in production and conitue to make $27-28 per hour....really, I am sure those looking in think that this is crazy awsome and if you don't think that we won't have people lined up to take this option, you are nuts! It will be interesting to see the numbers!

Edited by Captain723

I've read a good deal of the contract! I did'nt see anything to benefit layed off trades.

More than likely outside contractors will do new project work and you'll earn trades pay on the line while there on your site.

Sadly. I like many others will have to vote NO on this contract offer.

• Like 1

I've read a good deal of the contract! I did'nt see anything to benefit layed off trades.

More than likely outside contractors will do new project work and you'll earn trades pay on the line while there on your site.

I take that back! They RELOADED SUB PAY!

that is the ONLY THING in this contract offer to benefit layed off trades! at least in black and white!

There are some trades who've been waiting 7-8 years to get placed. Those of you who have been displaced back to production may not want to hear this but you are much better off than the trades without production seniority or a home plant. I see nothing in this agreement that will put displaced trades back to work.

Are you that blind?

$100,000 buyouts will clear many of the trades that are retirement eligible.

I am quite sure the negotiating team got this $100, 000 so the trades could return to trades. This with the additional shifts at AAI and MAP in Michigan alone will get most trades back.

The negotiating team insured the working in production trades a quick path back to the tools

Many ILO from AAI know this first hand.

Trades are coming back within 6 months

• Like 1

Are you that blind?

I am quite sure the negotiating team got this $100, 000 so the trades could return to trades. This with the additional shifts at AAI and MAP in Michigan alone will get most trades back.

The negotiating team insured the working in production trades a quick path back to the tools

Unless you are an electrician here in Ky you will not be replaced when you leave. That's why we haven't had any apprentices here for the last 4 years. I believe the 100,000 will clear some people out I don't hold out hope for them to be replaced.

I found the above line "will not result in the direct and immediate layoff of mechanical trades" very troubling . what is the definition of immediate? That's some very grey language.

Are you that blind?

Where in the contract does it say the company is obligated to backfill?? There are plants that have been shorthanded with trades for fucking years!!

I'd be willing to bet most of the retirement eligible trades that I met in the 2 plants I worked in on temporary assignment will not take the money. The only way they're leaving is if they're carried out in a box.

Where in the contract does it say the company is obligated to backfill?? There are plants that have been shorthanded with trades for fucking years!!

I'd be willing to bet most of the retirement eligible trades that I met in the 2 plants I worked in on temporary assignment will not take the money. The only way they're leaving is if they're carried out in a box.

Oh yeah I work with one of the fuckers 40 plus years 100k isn't enough for him to go. We have MW's I know will take it but as you said they don't have to backfill

• Like 1

OK then vote no and stay laid off.

That would be the moronic thing to do in your position.

Many of AAI trades reduced are in favor of the $100, 000 and know they are coming back under the buyouts and all of the new investments.

• Like 2

Where does it say you will keep or get back your trade pay? I didn't see that

Did you mean "you"ll earn production pay on the line while there on your site"?

It clearly states in the tentative contract that you will get production pay. If they had to pay the trades pay rate like GM and Chrysler

they would have some incentive to get the trades back on there tools. This is what would have happened if Bob King and Jimmy Settles had our backs.

I believe this union has done a great job and bargained their asses off, getting some badly needed commitments from the company but I emplore them to return to the table and get some real language on this next contract that will get the long term I.L.O.'s back to work. Not just hope that enough people will take a buyout and hope that the company replaces them. If your from a closed plant, you are way to far back in the hierarchy to ever get placed. Do something for the guy's that are in real dire straits. It's a simple addition.

Edited by EvilTwin
  • Like 1

Are you that blind?

What you say makes a lot of sense. There should be many opportunities to bring trades back to trades.

What you say makes a lot of sense. There should be many opportunities to bring trades back to trades.

where? they have already been doing this, this guy (trade) retires and ford say we don't need to replace him! if the contract just said for each trade that retires we WILL replace him with a displaced trade, very simple. but, does it say this? NO, so what do you think the company will do? I vote no for displaced trades!

where? they have already been doing this, this guy (trade) retires and ford say we don't need to replace him! if the contract just said for each trade that retires we WILL replace him with a displaced trade, very simple. but, does it say this? NO, so what do you think the company will do? I vote no for displaced trades!

Well you will have over 500 pissed trades working in production for the next 4 years out there without this incentive.

My choice is to get these skilled working in production back to trades with the new shifts, products and incentives.

I'm already hearing of many wanting to go before 2012

Or vote no and stay in production

• Like 1

Did I miss something somewhere. I sure as hell didn't see any promises on this subject.

If you missed something so did I. There is nothing in this contract to get ford to put skilled trades back in the trades. GM and Chrysler at least have some incentive because they

are still paying them skilled wages anyway. Bob King has no interest in representing the UAW skilled trades. This has been obvious for the last eight years.

• Like 1

If you missed something so did I. There is nothing in this contract to get ford to put skilled trades back in the trades. GM and Chrysler at least have some incentive because they

are still paying them skilled wages anyway. Bob King has no interest in representing the UAW skilled trades. This has been obvious for the last eight years.

By having buyouts and more work insourced it is obvious that skilled trades will be brought back into trades.