Are Ford Employees Really Ford Enthusiast?

That used to be pretty easy. The '00 to '07 Tauruses were garbage. So many problems with the 5.4 3v (I could give you a pretty big list of common problems, mostly '04-'06). Pre '08 Focus. The '08 and up Focus is actually a very reliable car. Anything with an Explorer badge. 6.0 powerstroke. '08 Escapes.

Now I tell people to stay away from 6F35 trannies and MFT. Lots of complaints about shift quality in the new torqshift but no repairs yet. The only warranty work I do anymore, other than 6.4 stuff, is MFT. Oh yeah, serviceability on the rear suspension on any Edge is kind of a pain in the neck. That was going to be wifey's next ride. Not sure anymore. Remember, I don't like to work hard on my own stuff.

Too early to tell on the new Focus and Explorer. The 6.7 was a great launch. Just a couple little things. Its on my highly recommended list.

exactly what are the warranty claims for MFT.....theres been reflashes thats about it from what i have obsserved....

This is because white collar workers are more intelligent than the blue collar workers on the line. The majority of line workers are not smart enough to know this is where they get their paycheck and that being loyal is job security. This can be attributed to the intellect of bargaining employees and the idea that everyone owes them something. When there are no more factories in the US they will blame FORD because they are to dim-witted to see what being non loyal causes in the long run. More than 30 years ago I could not believe the parking lots of all three auto factories and the amount of foreign autos parked there. This is 30 years later and now this un-loyalty is biting them in the butts and they still don’t get it. This last strike proves this even more. I’m loyal to Ford and will be until my last breath.

I don't know that I would take it that far. Lots of auto factory jocks in Metro area around here take their muscle cars to Woodward Cruise and are very proud of them and the company that makes them. I would say the Woodward Dream Cruise is more blue collar event than white collar. You see a few Ford GTs, Ferraris, Porsches, and such, but most are muscle cars driven by guys that definitely look blue collar. Some of them are certainly Ford blue collar retirees. Don't forget that auto factory rats make or made good money and like to tinker in garage on a car they love also. I've always believed that it's hard to stereotype people as many will prove you wrong time and time again.

we have actually found out several times its not Synch causing issues either, its their phone.....

Oh yeah! Or their Ipod. Had a '11 F150 yesterday where his Ipod nano would shut the whole system down. No bluetooth, no steering wheel controls, no voice commands. Always worked flawless without the nano plugged in. Not MFT, but a sync problem nonetheless. He was pretty pissed that that's what it was. I told him, lots of people use the nano with sync. Maybe its just yours. I always recommend flash drives. Two OS's talking to each other, there are bound to be hiccups.

A hard reboot on the phone fixes some concerns. This is mostly with sync though, not the typical MFT complaints that come in (blank screens, constant system maintenance screen).

Oh yeah! Or their Ipod. Had a '11 F150 yesterday where his Ipod nano would shut the whole system down. No bluetooth, no steering wheel controls, no voice commands. Always worked flawless without the nano plugged in. Not MFT, but a sync problem nonetheless. He was pretty pissed that that's what it was. I told him, lots of people use the nano with sync. Maybe its just yours. I always recommend flash drives. Two OS's talking to each other, there are bound to be hiccups.

A hard reboot on the phone fixes some concerns. This is mostly with sync though, not the typical MFT complaints that come in (blank screens, constant system maintenance screen).

I've never owned a Nano so this may be an irrelevant question but perhaps the Nano needed a firmware update?

I've never owned a Nano so this may be an irrelevant question but perhaps the Nano needed a firmware update?

That is what I said to him. It reminded me of a similar problem with the Ipod touch where sync would shut down. You had to give the APIM a hard reboot to get it working again. Ford came out with an ssm stating the touch needs to be at firmware level 4.2 or higher IIRC.

I am not an Apple user, so I'm not sure exactly how i-tunes works. The customer said he plugs the nano into i-tunes regularly. He was sure that i-tunes would have alerted him if there was a firmware update.

He kept going on and on how his friends nano works just fine in his sync equipped vehicle and it has to be a problem with the truck. It was pretty black and white to me. Works fine, plug nano in, shuts down.

I'm still blaming the Ipod.

This is because white collar workers are more intelligent than the blue collar workers on the line. The majority of line workers are not smart enough to know this is where they get their paycheck and that being loyal is job security. This can be attributed to the intellect of bargaining employees and the idea that everyone owes them something. When there are no more factories in the US they will blame FORD because they are to dim-witted to see what being non loyal causes in the long run. More than 30 years ago I could not believe the parking lots of all three auto factories and the amount of foreign autos parked there. This is 30 years later and now this un-loyalty is biting them in the butts and they still don’t get it. This last strike proves this even more. I’m loyal to Ford and will be until my last breath.

What stike are you refering to? And for your information, The 63% of UAW-Ford members PASSED the current agreement.. So you can take that majority comment and stick it up your ass.

• Like 2

It appears that many of the Ford employees only post on BON about work or contract issues.

I wonder... are they working at Ford just for a paycheck?

It seems that most of the people here that doesn't work for Ford are more enthusiastic about Ford's products (and cars in general) then many of the employees..:confused:

Aren't the vast majority of us working for a paycheck? And for those for whom it's JUST the paycheck, frankly, the world wouldn't work if everyone would only work a job they do because they "love the work" AND have no ambition to be promoted, etc. It's another viewpoint when us "enthusiasts" are talking about the cars or the company.

I also think others pegged it correctly--it's hard to find a job that you "LOVE" and are properly compensated. I like my job for the most part--for me, it's always been: Do I already start dreading work on Sunday nights? I don't, so it's all good. I get low-cost, high-coverage health insurance, lots of vacation, decent pay for the role I have and decent retirement contributions. There isn't much more I could ask for...but I still don't think I'd say I LOVE my job.

Edited by BrewfanGRB

That is what I said to him. It reminded me of a similar problem with the Ipod touch where sync would shut down. You had to give the APIM a hard reboot to get it working again. Ford came out with an ssm stating the touch needs to be at firmware level 4.2 or higher IIRC.

I am not an Apple user, so I'm not sure exactly how i-tunes works. The customer said he plugs the nano into i-tunes regularly. He was sure that i-tunes would have alerted him if there was a firmware update.

He kept going on and on how his friends nano works just fine in his sync equipped vehicle and it has to be a problem with the truck. It was pretty black and white to me. Works fine, plug nano in, shuts down.

I'm still blaming the Ipod.

If there's an update to iOS for your device, iTunes will alert you. However, certain levels of hardware cannot be updated to newer versions of iOS. For instance, 1st and 2nd gen iPod Touch's cannot be upgraded beyond 4.2.1 (current version is 5.0).

Did you ask him if he had his friend plug his Nano into your guy's vehicle? That might have proved it wasn't the truck.

Wow, I guess since you can't complain about the contract anymore, you've decided to insult & paint with the broadest brush every ford hourly worker. You are not aquainted with the majority of

the hourly workforce at Ford Motor Company & yet, you look for just about anything to talk loads of BS about people you don't f%$#*ing know.

I cannot begin to understand how the MODS allow this constant defaming of a whole group of people. You're talking about my family & friends, who are huge Ford enthusiasts & don't have to

come to BON to talk about Ford. They talk Ford at home & work everyday, it's a part of their EVERYDAY life!

You're a Ford enthusiast ? Great & I thank you for your purchase & support for the company who helps to provide for my family but you demean yourself & insult me & my own when

you talk in ignorance about the people you don't know.

Edited by MTPwife

Did you ask him if he had his friend plug his Nano into your guy's vehicle? That might have proved it wasn't the truck.

We asked him to not use it for a week and see if there's still a problem, and then try his friend's.

He called every two hours when his truck was in service. Seems pretty unreasonable.

I don't think he believed us. He's going to do whatever the hell he wants, and then try another service department. My guess.

Every two hours?! C'mon.

He has a brand new APIM, so, that's not it. A hard reboot fixes it. That would leave me to believe its software related. Or in this case, hardware incompatability.

I've seen nanos work fine. Its just his. My Sansa Clip did something similar. I had to do a hard reboot about once a week. Bought a 30 gig Sony flash drive about a year ago and hasn't hiccuped since. That's why I recommend flash drives.

Wow, I guess since you can't complain about the contract anymore, you've decided to insult & paint with the broadest brush every ford hourly worker. You are not aquainted with the majority of

the hourly workforce at Ford Motor Company & yet, you look for just about anything to talk loads of BS about people you don't f%$#*ing know.

I cannot begin to understand how the MODS allow this constant defaming of a whole group of people. You're talking about my family & friends, who are huge Ford enthusiasts & don't have to

come to BON to talk about Ford. They talk Ford at home & work everyday, it's a part of their EVERYDAY life!

You're a Ford enthusiast ? Great & I thank you for your purchase & support for the company who helps to provide for my family but you demean yourself & insult me & my own when

:sandbox: What's your favorite Ford product? And what do you think of the changes to the Mustang?:extinguish:

Thanks for supporting Ford. I feel you are completely off base with your view of blue/white collar workers at Ford. Ford is making products that people want to buy and this is a collaboration of efforts from Ford employees at all levels of the company.

• Like 2

To get back to the original question...

I would think that most Ford enthusiasts that work together get their fill of it by talking to each other. I am a teacher, and I love my job, but for the most part, I talk shop with people with whom I work. This isn't to say that I don't ever visit education forums, but it's an infrequent activity. Electronic forums provide a place for people to discuss topics. Ford enthusiast/employees can discuss the same topics face to face, without annoying smiley faces.

• Like 1

:sandbox: What's your favorite Ford product? And what do you think of the changes to the Mustang?:extinguish:

I really like the Focus but would love to have one in a diesel, manual trans. I drove one in the UK 7 months ago & the mileage was

awesome. As for the Mustang, it looks too much like a Dodge Charger to me , not been able to get past that to even take a look at anything else. . :(

I prefer the 67 Mustang my dear ole Dad (ford retiree) restored for me as a present for my Grad.

WTF does it matter.

Have we answered your dumb ass question yet?

You are in the military you are paid less than you would earn in the private sector because you are "enthusiast".

Again, You cannot compare the military to the civilian world.

You are welcome to defend yourself. And I didn't see him making a distinction between hourly and salary. Plenty of the salary folks here complain too. :shrug:

WTF does it matter.

Have we answered your dumb ass question yet?

You are in the military you are paid less than you would earn in the private sector because you are "enthusiast".

Again, You cannot compare the military to the civilian world.

"In one voice We say ONE FORD!"

Catchy phrase...

And Biker16... I know you are a Ford enthusiast.... You buy new Ford products every few years and I'm sure you have a boatload of Ford stock. Without a doubt... you really do believe and live "We say, ONE FORD!"

BTW...

I'm not sure what your point is? Do you think I am underpaid?

Edited by mettech

You're the one operating in a completely different world. In the real world, our employers offer us employment and we voluntarily accept. They can reduce our pay and benefits and bonuses or lay us off at will. But they don't unless they're forced to because they know if they don't treat us reasonably well we can go find another employer who will.

The companies aren't required to share any of their wealth with the employees. Some choose to do so as part of the overall compensation but it's a zero-sum game. If you want to share in a company's profits go start your own business or become a shareholder. Otherwise we're all just hired laborers working for someone else and that's just how it works. Get over it.

Nor are workers required to accept the pay that a company offers them, they have the right to collectively bargain for pay and benefits. If the workers does not like the pay they all can refuse to work. There is a basic inequality where WE BELIEVE we should accept what we are given or that the employers should hold all the leverage in negotiations with workers, both are not true.

are you saying is that collective bargaining is wrong and that it should be every worker for themselves?

Nor are workers required to accept the pay that a company offers them, they have the right to collectively bargain for pay and benefits. If the workers does not like the pay they all can refuse to work. There is a basic inequality where WE BELIEVE we should accept what we are given or that the employers should hold all the leverage in negotiations with workers, both are not true.

are you saying is that collective bargaining is wrong and that it should be every worker for themselves?

In a stronger market place the UAW would have the power to argue for more, when Ford would be looking to avoid losing production/ profits...

In a recovering market, it's probably wise to reach for as much as possible but know you have to live to fight another day...

If the SAAR goes over 14 million or near 15 million next year, Ford's workers will really benefit from profit sharing,

it will be interesting to see the mind set in the next few years and how things work out on the shop floor...

I hope Ford is successful all the way to the bank and the rank and file get lots of big cash bonuses...

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1