2013 Ford Taurus PI Unveiled

At least this car is very identifiable :).

You mean Ford won't make and sell unmarked Explorer and Taurus P.I.'s like they did with CV and Dodge does with Charger? My heartbeat goes up a notch when a Charger is tailgating my ass. A Charger to me is now a police car, not a retail car unless it's a real distinctive non police color that only a retail customer would buy. Nowadays, you can be going down a grade 5 mph over speed limit and get a ticket (er, local tax bill) from these guys while real crime is taking place. Magistrates are nothing more than assembly lines absolving of you points and $140 speeding tickets and instead giving you $175 "impeding traffic" or "double parking" ticket payable at cashier on way out. They get your money (er tax money) and you get no points. They have quite a scam going. Livonia, MI gave out 34,000 of these tickets last year alone.

The one in the photo obviously isn't equipped with them. Very few police cars I see on the road are. :shrug:

Practically every police car/truck/SUV here in CO has them, including the CHP Chargers. Only ones without are typically the undercover/unmarked units and CHP Camaro's.

Practically every police car/truck/SUV here in CO has them, including the CHP Chargers. Only ones without are typically the undercover/unmarked units and CHP Camaro's.

Many of the state troopers here have them, but very few of the local department vehicles do. Likely a result of the vehicles often being used for different roles.

Just because it isn't in the photo doesn't mean it isn't available.

Never said it wasn't. But would just like to see images with the option and know how it is reinforced.

Many of the state troopers here have them, but very few of the local department vehicles do. Likely a result of the vehicles often being used for different roles.

Must be a difference in need out there compared to here. the police often use their bump bars to push vehicles out of traffic if broken down. Or they use them when vehicles get stuck in the snow. Very rare to see a police car in these parts without one.

Never said it wasn't. But would just like to see images with the option and know how it is reinforced.

Must be a difference in need out there compared to here. the police often use their bump bars to push vehicles out of traffic if broken down. Or they use them when vehicles get stuck in the snow. Very rare to see a police car in these parts without one.

might be related to the snow. the city cars here don't have push bars but the county sheriff vehicles do. the county vehicles also cover MT Hood.

:banghead: I wish these machines were ready for production when the CVPI ended!!!

My Department (Indiana State Police) is now getting Hemi Chargers :censored: .

We have several out now. I have seen a couple up close (No drive time). Yeah, I know it will be fast, so is my 2011 Mustang GT!!! :shift:

Interior seems more cramped with installed equipment. Computer is mounted higher and intrudes into front passenger seat more and blocks glove box. The printer intrudes into passenger seat even when moved to center console area as much as possible. We cannot use our old console boxes, so the new console boxes now have limited room for extra radios. No open console area for my extras (Ticket/Warning Books (just in case I need to handwrite one), Phone Book, Handheld License scanner, or my trash cup etc.)

Trunk space is very limited with a Full Size Spare tire sitting directly in the middle!!!

Pleny of room in the Back, but, our prisoners ride in the Front!!! :ohsnap:

Now, about the quailty issues that have cropped up: :redcard:

So far almost every one has had issues with the doors not being able to be unlocked with the button on the exterior door handle, service push start system messages. Brake lights do not work with all emergency lights activated. One Trooper had his car at the local Dodge Dealer three times for the Uconnect 4.3 system, and HVAC going out.

A trooper today, just picked her car up yesterday. Drove to the post and the car would not start when she was ready to leave. Her car was towed from the Post this morning since no one could get it to start!!! Kept getting does not recognize Fob message. :ohsnap:

Too much electronics in here, just give me a key!!!

Not sure about these new ones, but our mechanic said the pre 2011's purchased for evaluation, had brake and wheel bearing issues.

I was just informed, that I am now going to be getting one of these machines :angry2: My 2008 PI with 88000 miles is going to become one of our pool cars. (Should be seing lots of use :drool: )

Sorry for the rant, just wish our department had the chance to evaluate the new PI sooner!!! :doh:

Edited by danglin

OMG, CO again trumps the rest of the nation in something 99.9% of average americans don't care about. :confused:

How will the other 49 states get by? :hysterical: