T- series durability testing video

I think what makes the Transit such an interesting product is the extreme flexability of the platform.

• FWD, RWD, and AWD driveline options
  • Three wheelbases (115.5 in, 129.9 in, and 147.6 in)
  • Four vehicle lengths (101.6 in, 116.1 in, and 133.8 in, 162.2 in load floor length)
  • Three roof heights (56.3 in, 64.7 in, 74.2 in load floor to roof)
  • Cab Chassis available with single and dual cab options

The current version has plenty of payload capability, from 1922 lb to 4933 lb. Only problem I see is that the only powertrain is the 2.2 Desiel , comes in multiple flavors fom 99hp/228lb-ft to 152hp/283lb-ft... Engine might be considered by some as little small for the NA market and lack of any gas option could also be a problem.

• Like 1

The current version has plenty of payload capability, from 1922 lb to 4933 lb. Only problem I see is that the only powertrain is the 2.2 Desiel , comes in multiple flavors fom 99hp/228lb-ft to 152hp/283lb-ft... Engine might be considered by some as little small for the NA market and lack of any gas option could also be a problem.

Kris, Transit also comes with the I-5 diesel which has 350 lb ft of torque, the 6R80 is an

absolute gem with that engine.and makes an awesome combination in the new Ranger...

Edited by jpd80

Wow, I really like the looks of the Transit. Lightyears ahead of the current E series. Hopefully they'll stick a reduced power 3.5L Ecoboost ( somewhere aorund 330hp/ 385 lb-ft) in there for maximum MPG and kick Nissans ass in the utility segment. Not saying Nissan is beating the e-series in sales, but it's a way better van currently. Good thing Ford has such a strong customer base.

Edited by Hydro

BS by ford as usual. No numbers. It will not perfome like a E servies van. Its a CU mini van! Yeah! And it will be as strong as te E series?? And it will tow as much?? And it will haul as much?? Yeah, a new mini van to replace the E serices . Idiots.

Obviously, you are badly misinformed:

Biggest Transit can carry 2 tonnes and tow 6,600 lbs.

uz-transit-jumbo.jpg

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

BS by ford as usual. No numbers. It will not perfome like a E servies van. Its a CU mini van! Yeah! And it will be as strong as te E series?? And it will tow as much?? And it will haul as much?? Yeah, a new mini van to replace the E serices . Idiots.

This:

0111-ford-transit-connect_full_600.jpg

Is Not This:

2011-Ford-Transit-1.jpg

• Like 1

Kris, Transit also comes with the I-5 diesel which has 350 lb ft of torque, the 6R80 is an

absolute gem with that engine.and makes an awesome combination in the new Ranger...

Nice to here about the 3.2L... Didn't look like an option in the Ford UK brochure. Based on reviews I've read on the Ranger the 3.2L TDI is plenty powerful enough. Now is there a gasoline/petrol requirement for NA? I think there is based on the NA gas/deisel prices. Would think in RWD form the 3.7L V6 would fit, but that would be an additonal NA unique developement expense.

I love the movable ladder rack!

Since it has been a segment leader for so long there has to be a huge aftermarket accessory market for the Transit outside NA... Question is going to be how many of those aftermart manufactures have an anchor in NA? Or can quickly establish a NA anchor... I think that is going to be an important factor in assuring a smooth transition.

ALert...Ward C has an empty bed....in 25years, yep you read right, 25 years Ive yet to see a Cargo van towing ANYTHING.......irrespective, this vehicle will take anything anyone has thrown at an e-150/ 250 and then some.....think differently, please enlighten us all with your knowledge.

Ya' know I'm getting tired of repeating myself.

For <J1>, the US Transit (V363N) will only come in one size. Long wheel base, tall, rear wheel drive. 2 engines, 3.2 diesel and 3.7L PFI V6. 1 trans 6R80.

PS That lady can drive !

we know old wizard, I just don't know how long that can be with the inherent flexibility of the van.

I think the lessons learned from the Focus launch have been learned.

All new product, all new plant, all new support system, that means alot of patience, and not 80-90 jph within 3 months of launch.

For <J1>, the US Transit (V363N) will only come in one size. Long wheel base, tall, rear wheel drive. 2 engines, 3.2 diesel and 3.7L PFI V6. 1 trans 6R80.

Is that going to be the jumbo, or the standard long (both ride on the same long wheelbase)?

That sounds like the right and prudent thing to do for Job 1... To rollout the Transit slow with a single model at first, and then allow for costumer feedback to guide future decisions. But it would be surprising and disapointingly shortsighted if the facility was incapable of building the other options. I think of how within my limited memory the F-Series went from a small options list wide varity they build today. At a minimum I would think there would be some interest in a more parking friendly lower hieght roof... The tall roof for example I don't think can go thru a McD's drivethru, let alone many parking structures. Also I would think there might be interest in a short or medium length version with the smaller 2.2L TDI to bridge the gap to the Transit Connect... Some people need the cargo box of the Transit, but want TC like fuel effeciency.

Edited by Kris Kolman

Is that going to be the jumbo, or the standard long (both ride on the same long wheelbase)?

No Jumbo.

Pardon my ignorance but why would the inability to go through a McDonalds drive through be cause to reject buying a jumbo roof Transit?

Jumbo has an extended box. There are only 3 roof height; short, medium, tall.

Pardon my ignorance but why would the inability to go through a McDonalds drive through be cause to reject buying a jumbo roof Transit?

It's the concept of the fat-encrusted actually waddling into the joint that's the killer — WALK? Supersize me! :hysterical:

Seriously, saw a "mobility" scooter last month for some woman who had to pork-up around 400+lb; not your average electric scooter for a 150lb oldster — this sucker reminded me of a Bobcat mini front-end loader. If she got a plow attachment, she could make coin doing snow removal on local sidewalks and driveways. Heavy-duty rig, ideal for that cute little EB 1.0 for an up-grade. :)

No Jumbo.

Jumbo has an extended box. There are only 3 roof height; short, medium, tall.

You mean, Low, medium and tall...but I understand the thrust of your post.

In Europe, the low roof is not available in Long wheelbase models.

but there is a Double Cab-in Van Medium roof..

LWBMedRoof.jpg

LWBHighRoof.jpg

DoubleCab-inVanMediumroof.jpg

Edited by jpd80

Seriously, saw a "mobility" scooter last month for some woman who had to pork-up around 400+lb; not your average electric scooter for a 150lb oldster — this sucker reminded me of a Bobcat mini front-end loader. If she got a plow attachment, she could make coin doing snow removal on local sidewalks and driveways.

I almost fell off my chair laughing ! :hysterical:

Sigh... Being able to pull into McDs drive-thru probably has little influence over a decision of what is best for your company. But I would think an inability to pull into the parking structure of a building you've been called to service would suck. In some of those cases, for example downtown cities, parking on the street isn't a good option. In this case the high roof Transit wouldn't be an option, but would be with the lower roof version.

In Australia the SWB is only available in low roof, the MWB in low and mid roof, and the LWB in mid and high roof... The Jumbo is a special extended body LWB version only available in high roof. They also sell a dedicated passenger Transit, called the Bus, based on the standard LWB mid roof that has 12-seats.

Edited by Kris Kolman