Geneva Ford B-max

Doubt it. IIRC, the EU 1.0 I-3 Ecoboost Focus had a 0-62 time in the mid 11's. Add PZEV emissions and an automatic and we're talking 0-60 in the 12 to 13 second range. I doubt that will be acceptable in NA.

Petrol Ecoboost meets global emissions and will replace the i.6 I-4 used in other markets.

It promises a 30% increase in fuel economy which gives it diesel performance and economy..

Euro combined fuel economy

1.0 EB = 5.0 liters/100 km (available in United Kingdom)

1.6 I-4 = 6.0 liters/100 km (available in Australia)

2.0 I-4 = 6.8 liters/100 km (available in Australia)

Edited by jpd80

Should ford even bother putting the EB 10 in the fiesta?

Why wouldn't they? its going into markets where the Fiesta can charge more money for and its being shared with other products...just that once you start adding more and more items to a car, you either have to raise prices or not make money on a car...

Why wouldn't they? its going into markets where the Fiesta can charge more money for and its being shared with other products...just that once you start adding more and more items to a car, you either have to raise prices or not make money on a car...

i will be more specific, should they put it in the fiesta in the United States?

or a minivan.

ford has a patents and trademark on it already.

I've been watching some of the old "The Fugitive" DVD's shot in 1963-1967 as I watched it as a kid also. In almost every episode there is a 60's Lincoln with the suicide doors being opened and closed. Ford must have had rights to the vehicles shown in many episodes. That Lincoln still doesn't look dated not even today. In that tradition, would like to see a new Ford with no B pillar at least like the hardtops and suicide door of Lincoln yesteryear. In the most recent episode I watched, Richard Kimble is being picked up by hot blonde in gorgeous AC Cobra. In almost every episode they also use this beat up 1957 Ford as kind of a stock car used by many different characters. Lots of great, old F-100 pickups in the many on location rural scenes.

They could. But what if it means selling 25,000 fewer Fiestas and Focuses? Still a good business case? Not saying that's what would happen, but it's certainly something Ford would be considering.

my 2c....they could release this to out FIT the FIT and lean the fiesta towards a more sporty oriented driver.....personally I think there IS room in the lineup....

• Like 2

how much of a premium over the base engine? 1500? 500? 1000? how much is too much?

All depends...I think asking for 1K for an engine, thats nearly 5.5% of the total price (figuring 18K or so)...so is it worth it for an extra couple MPG's? Will it pay itself off over the course of 2-3 years?

All depends...I think asking for 1K for an engine, thats nearly 5.5% of the total price (figuring 18K or so)...so is it worth it for an extra couple MPG's? Will it pay itself off over the course of 2-3 years?

flashback...I remember reading/ being told it has similar HP numbers ( 120 ) but superior low end torque characteristics, to the 1.6, and numbers of 50 mpgs were thrown around ( in Fiesta guise )....and at my guess of $750 I think thats quite tempting....PS, the engine is friggen TINY.

the 1.0 will be 20% more efficient than the 1.6

29/40 33mpg combined -> that means 35/48 40mpg combined.

the focus should be close to 34/48.

either way 1500 is much cheaper than a hybrid.

Edited by Biker16

the 1.0 will be 20% more efficient than the 1.6

29/40 33mpg combined -> that means 35/48 40mpg combined.

the focus should be close to 34/48.

considering im getting combined mid 36's NOW ( currently sitting at 25000 miles, and I by no means baby the Fiesta ) in a MANUAL That corresponds to approx 43 combined...pretty impressive...

The Focus 1.0 EB 125hp was just listed here, and the additional cost for the 1.0 EB 125hp is USD$400.00 more then the 1.6L Ti-VCT 125hp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLCtI7v4lw4

Edited by MKII