Ford just created a firestorm over on Facebook

Help! I'm trying to defend them, but I can't do it by myself. Just because Ford made a statement that they have never advertised on the Rush Limbaugh show people are going off on them now. I'm not saying it was a smart move, but people were questioning it so they just made a statement to clear it up. Anyhow if you are on Facebook go over to Ford's page and take a look.

General rule: People who argue on companies Facebook pages are usually the vocal minority. It's best to ignore them. They pop up every minute on our station's page and we ignore all but the blatantly racist or indecent comments, which are deleted.

It wasn't smart for Ford to use that platform to make such a statement.

• Like 2

General rule: People who argue on companies Facebook pages are usually the vocal minority. It's best to ignore them. They pop up every minute on our station's page and we ignore all but the blatantly racist or indecent comments, which are deleted.

It wasn't smart for Ford to use that platform to make such a statement.

Oh I agree, however when I see things like that I have to jump in and defend Ford. I understand what they were trying to say, however your right it probably was not the best forum to make that sort of announcement. I just think it is ironic that there are people on their claiming to be true patriots, however are ready to trade their Ford in for a Toyota tomorrow.

Oh I agree, however when I see things like that I have to jump in and defend Ford. I understand what they were trying to say, however your right it probably was not the best forum to make that sort of announcement. I just think it is ironic that there are people on their claiming to be true patriots, however are ready to trade their Ford in for a Toyota tomorrow.

But none of them will. They're mostly ignorant, uninformed people with mouths much larger than their means.

I just think it is ironic that there are people on their claiming to be true patriots, however are ready to trade their Ford in for a Toyota tomorrow.

Meh, they're arguing on Facebook; that makes them double-dumbasses. What makes you think they actually own a Ford or can afford to trade this supposed car in on a Ty-yoda?

I dont see any benefits if Ford wanted to advertising on Rush. I dont think that's a market demographic that they are wanting to jump on.

Well, don't underestimate the dittoheads, but advertising on a political program in general is a losing proposition for any car company.

Apparently, AshleyMadison.com and SeekingArrangement.com keep trying to advertise on his stations, because they like his demographic. :)

This according to Alexandra Petri of the Washington Post

My piece yesterday stating that AshleyMadison.com and SeekingArrangement.com were the only new companies to be advertised on Rush Limbaugh’s show was wrong.
They want to be on his show
, but Limbaugh said today that he won’t let them.

Whenever their ads claw their way onto a local radio station carrying Rush, Rush says, he contacts the relevant authorities immediately and has them pried off.

..we both made note of who left rush

Of course you did. Both of you. Awesome, the Triumph of the Dittohead.

But you are right, Ford does not need to pander to the ignorant nut-bar demographic that is the hard-core dittohead. :)

Of course you did. Both of you. Awesome, the Triumph of the Dittohead.

But you are right, Ford does not need to pander to the ignorant nut-bar demographic that is the hard-core dittohead. :)

we both do not even listen to rush (too busy)..but know who does advertise on his show

Not a good day for the bigots:

gty_rush_limbaugh_sandra_fluke_dm_120302_wg-300x168.jpg

98 Major Advertisers Dump Rush Limbaugh, Other Right-Wing Hosts

When it comes to advertisers avoiding controversial shows, it’s not just Rush From today’s TRI Newsletter: Premiere Networks is circulating a list of 98 advertisers who want to avoid “environments likely to stir negative sentiments.” The list includes carmakers (Ford, GM, Toyota), insurance companies (Allstate, Geico, Prudential, State Farm) and restaurants (McDonald’s, Subway). As you’ll see in the note below, those “environments” go beyond the Rush Limbaugh show

“To all Traffic Managers: The information below applies to your Premiere Radio Networks commercial inventory...They’ve specifically asked that you schedule their commercials in dayparts or programs free of content that you know are deemed to be offensive or controversial (for example, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Tom Leykis, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity).’

• Like 1

Not a good day for the bigots:

gty_rush_limbaugh_sandra_fluke_dm_120302_wg-300x168.jpg

98 Major Advertisers Dump Rush Limbaugh, Other Right-Wing Hosts

When it comes to advertisers avoiding controversial shows, it’s not just Rush From today’s TRI Newsletter: Premiere Networks is circulating a list of 98 advertisers who want to avoid “environments likely to stir negative sentiments.” The list includes carmakers (Ford, GM, Toyota), insurance companies (Allstate, Geico, Prudential, State Farm) and restaurants (McDonald’s, Subway). As you’ll see in the note below, those “environments” go beyond the Rush Limbaugh show

“To all Traffic Managers: The information below applies to your Premiere Radio Networks commercial inventory...They’ve specifically asked that you schedule their commercials in dayparts or programs free of content that you know are deemed to be offensive or controversial (for example, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Tom Leykis, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity).’

And yet, these companies don't hesitate to advertise for foul, sleazy, misogynistic swine like Bill Maher.

• Like 1

Actually they do. His ABC show was canned when advertisers pulled support from the show, and there was no mass defense rallied around him either. HBO reaches a fraction of the people Rush's terrestrial radio carriers reach, "Real Time" has an adult content warning, and Maher is a Comedian rather than the "leader" Rush claims himself to be.

And yet, these companies don't hesitate to advertise for foul, sleazy, misogynistic swine like Bill Maher.

You know, about the "foul, sleazy", bit, Bill would probably agree with you, but nope, Bill's not a misogynist, he's a realist. He has trouble with people who believe in talking snakes, for example. :hysterical:

• Like 2

Actually they do. His ABC show was canned when advertisers pulled support from the show, and there was no mass defense rallied around him either. HBO reaches a fraction of the people Rush's terrestrial radio carriers reach, "Real Time" has an adult content warning, and Maher is a Comedian rather than the "leader" Rush claims himself to be.

Rush never claimed to be anything more than a voice-- he doesn't accept or want a leadership role. This is simply the role that the media and those who never listen to anything he has to say (unless it is parroted through Media Matters and other Soros-funded "media watchdog" groups in sound-byte form) assign to him.

I've listened to the show for years, and hardly a single week goes by without him asserting that.

Edited by calypsocoral
  • Like 1

Maher is on HBO, no advertisers. He also has more Republicans on his show than Limbaugh has ever had Democrats .

Because Republicans stupidly accept the invitations to get stabbed in public. Democrats know they can't defend their ideology, so they routinely decline any invitation from a Conservative host. The only exceptions I can think of are James Carville and one episode that Al Sharpton did on the Glenn Beck show (and the latter pretty much steered clear of any left vs. right issues for that particular episode).

Rush never claimed to be anything more than a voice-- he doesn't accept or want a leadership role. This is simply the role that the media and those who never listen to anything he has to say (unless it is parroted through Media Matters and other Soros-funded "media watchdog" groups in sound-byte form) assign to him.

I've listened to the show for years, and hardly a single week goes by without him asserting that.

Obviously your dictionary is lacking the word disingenuous.