"New Model" joining Explorer family

If it is an Ecoboost Explorer, it would have made a great Lincoln Explorer. Although the Explorer could get a "Sport" model with the 3.7L which the little porker needs. Or put it in a Titanium model, but at least it addresses one of the common complains about the Explorer...its just, it might be a push, or a great shove you will now feel...

They need to make the Ecoboost just an option on all Explorers including the XLT. I know people (ex Ford Employees) that Tow that are looking at Jeeps because they have a boat to tow and have no options from Ford to tow something that weights over 4000lbs, and they won't spend 50K to get a Explorer.

• Like 1

They need to make the Ecoboost just an option on all Explorers including the XLT. I know people (ex Ford Employees) that Tow that are looking at Jeeps because they have a boat to tow and have no options from Ford to tow something that weights over 4000lbs, and they won't spend 50K to get a Explorer.

Ford does have options...Flex max tow rating is 4500lbs, Explorer max tow rating is 5000lbs, and Expedition max tow rating is 9200lbs.

I would like to strike something of a contrary note and hope that it's the long anticipated King-Eddie-Ranch-Bauer-tanium trim.

Also, can someone explain to me why the British insist on not only pronouncing aluminum Al-you-min-ee-um, but also insist on spelling it aluminium, yet they do not call platinum Pla-tin-ee-um, or spell it platinium. And I could ask the same question about Tantalum, which used to be called Tantalium.

potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, and, Strontium ...English is a crazy language - just accept it as a quaint reminder of things different.

Edited by jpd80

On topic, any chances of an Explorer "EL" with longer wheelbase and 3.7 V6?

Or is the short money on Explorer SHO with V6 Ecoboost?

3.5L EcoBoost, though it isn't coming under the "SHO" designation anymore. Titanium would be my next guess.

Extended wheelbase would be too costly a proposition at this stage in the lifecycle.

I would like to strike something of a contrary note and hope that it's the long anticipated King-Eddie-Ranch-Bauer-tanium trim.

Also, can someone explain to me why the British insist on not only pronouncing aluminum Al-you-min-ee-um, but also insist on spelling it aluminium, yet they do not call platinum Pla-tin-ee-um, or spell it platinium. And I could ask the same question about Tantalum, which used to be called Tantalium.

And don't even get me started on germans and their precious wolfram.

The next new model is obvious

post-16479-0-47709200-1332866487_thumb.jpg

Ford does have options...Flex max tow rating is 4500lbs, Explorer max tow rating is 5000lbs, and Expedition max tow rating is 9200lbs.

You never tow anything at a vehicles max capacity esp when your going to be towing in mountains and large hills usually 75-80%. The 3.5L is weak when towing a 4000lbs boat, it needs more torque.

• Like 1

Sport Trac's puny 4' bed didn't help either.

The volume of the sport trac's bed equaled the volume of the ranger's bed, both with their tailgatea up. When the tailgate was down and the bed extender was in use, the sport trac bed had the same length bed as the ranger.

The proposed D4 pickup study included different cab and bed lengths.

potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, and, Strontium ...English is a crazy language - just accept it as a quaint reminder of things different.

Guess I'll just go and throw all my chemistry books in the rubbish bin. :D

Actually, I was asking why the Brits saw fit to reintroduce the 'i' in one and only one instance where it dropped out of use.

And don't even get me started on germans and their precious wolfram.

I'm still mad that they somehow got "W" for the chemical symbol!!

Actually, I was asking why the Brits saw fit to reintroduce the 'i' in one and only one instance where it dropped out of use.

I'm still mad that they somehow got "W" for the chemical symbol!!

the answer Rich, can be found in a pub serving warm beer.........