2013 Taurus: 32MPG Highway EcoBoost 2.0

Speaking of the Hyunadi 2L Turbo engine....I saw a video from Edmunds dyno testing it and they where getting only 234HP at the wheels, which is a 40HP loss to the wheels, seems a bit high.

have to see if when the 2l Ecoboost dynos start hitting in a couple weeks on the Escape and Focus ST.

When did EB35 come out? I recall D35 introduced in the Edge in what 06/07? It's too bad D35 is not getting as much credit as it is overshadowed by EB. It's a fine plant.

IIRC, the EB3.5 first debuted on 2010 models (SHO, Flex, MKS, MKT).

• Like 1

So since you own a Nissan, all you do now is troll here?

I drive a Nissan because people like you relentlessly attacked me for suggesting Ford should build a T6-sized pickup truck. So guess what? I bought a T6-sized pickup truck. Ford doesn't offer one in the US, so I bought my first non FoMoCo vehicle EVER. I still own a 1966 Mustang though...

• Like 1

I drive a Nissan because people like you relentlessly attacked me for suggesting Ford should build a T6-sized pickup truck. So guess what? I bought a T6-sized pickup truck. Ford doesn't offer one in the US, so I bought my first non FoMoCo vehicle EVER. I still own a 1966 Mustang though...

Interesting...I pick a vehicle based on my wants/needs. I don't pick a vehicle because people attack me for being a broken record.

Edited by fordmantpw
  • Like 1

Hyundai may have the torque but what about their real world economy...

J.D. Power's APEAL survey indicates that Hyundai Sonata owners are more satisfied with real world fuel economy of their vehicles than owners of Camry, Accord, Altima, Fusion and Malibu.

That's what GTwannabe stated he did in post #62. :headscratch:

You must have mis-read what he said. He drives a Nissan because people attacked him.

I drive a Nissan because people like you relentlessly attacked me for suggesting Ford should build a T6-sized pickup truck.

Edited by fordmantpw

J.D. Power's APEAL survey indicates that Hyundai Sonata owners are more satisfied with real world fuel economy of their vehicles than owners of Camry, Accord, Altima, Fusion and Malibu.

That sounds like a variable yard stick dependent on owner expectation which may vary between the different makes..

What I asked was how did the Sonata's fuel economy stack up in the real world as in "did it reflect the EPA sticker or not,"

something another Hyundai had trouble with when compared to the new Focus..

What I asked was how did the Sonata's fuel economy stack up in the real world as in "did it reflect the EPA sticker or not,"

Sorry about that jpd80. To answer your question, yes. Real world fuel economy for the YF Sonata in the U.S. market is reflective of the EPA tested values, including the variation that is to be expected for any vehicle.

• EPA test fuel economy ratings are here.

Real world results:

Edited by aneekr