2013 Fusion Job #1

Funny how you had to find out about it from Ford's employee website and not the Ford Media site. With such an important launch, you would think Ford would have a press release.

You will see a press release when the okay to ship call is made. They will pile up in lots to be sure there are no problems and then be shipped out. If Ford would have held the Escapes a bit longer they wouldn't have had a recall on them as none would have been in consumers hands.

Damn fine looking machine.

From that angle, or the front in general, I totally agree, very sexy. Still have issues with the style from the profile and rear from all the images I've seen. Same goes with the new Escape too.

I'm beginning to wonder if Ford spends too much time on the design of the front, and not enough on the rest of the exterior of some of their recent releases.

And I'm not trying to say this will be a bad car, I have high hopes for it as I've liked the prior two Fusion models.

Edited by V8-X

Exciting! Production was originally scheduled for August 13th with anticipated retail on September 13th. So I would say we will have new Fusions by early October.

Im almost willing to wager against that date....my guess is...................DECEMBER at the earliest, hope im wrong but Ive been down THIS road before.

Im almost willing to wager against that date....my guess is...................DECEMBER at the earliest, hope im wrong but Ive been down THIS road before.

No, it will be early October at the latest or Ford will have a catastrophe on its hands with no Fusion inventory.

Edited by BORG

Herb Chambers Ford and Jannell Ford have 2013 Fusions listed as on order posted on their websites. In the past, they got the cars within four weeks after they were posted. I hope this holds true.

There is no way to know at this point. They haven't issued the OK to Buy and that won't happen until they've built Fusions with no errors for 5 straight days. Could be next week, could be a month from now. And the ones being built now are held for inspection and possible repair before they actually get shipped to the dealer.

No, it will be early October at the latest or Ford will have a catastrophe on its hands with no Fusion inventory.

I dont think they care...this is THE biggest release they have had in how many years...there cant be one hiccup. Also, remember the fiesta?....October became FEBUARY......

I dont think they care...this is THE biggest release they have had in how many years...there cant be one hiccup. Also, remember the fiesta?....October became FEBUARY......

But also remember the Fusion is selling in the 20K Range each month...Ford only has 18194 Fusions left in the country if Cars.com data is believable.

I don't think Ford wants to give up that much marketshare by not having a product to sell...

IIRC, wasn't a large part of that was trouble with trains from deep central Mexico after big storms washes out the track? Whereas Hermosillo is much closer to the border, relatively speaking of course.