2012 Ford Edge EcoBoost Recalled - Engine Fire

This took a long time to get around. I posted this on Sep 6th, guess I should have put "FIRE" in bold to get attention. I am surprised it took so long for the media to pick this up.

It is only 5499 vehicles, but anything with Fire creates bad publicity. Interesting enough, people have no idea how many things can start a fire in their car.

Thanks!! One less thing to worry about in my new Edge

Loving Ecoboost so far

I wouldn't worry about your Edge. The Edge has been pretty trouble free even starting in 07 with the exception of the AWD ptu issues. The 2011+ Edge has been very trouble free minus Mytouch complaints. Compared to ten years ago, no comparison. The Nasser years....ugh. I made a lot more money off those vehicles, but lost a lot of customers.

This is old news from Sept 4th.

A thread already exists on here started on Sept 6th.

There were no fires, just the risk of a fire due to a Tier 2 supplier performing an unauthorized manual assembly process which was found by the Tier 1 supplier and reported to Ford.

I wouldn't worry about your Edge. The Edge has been pretty trouble free even starting in 07 with the exception of the AWD ptu issues. The 2011+ Edge has been very trouble free minus Mytouch complaints. Compared to ten years ago, no comparison. The Nasser years....ugh. I made a lot more money off those vehicles, but lost a lot of customers.

Love my Edge - had an 2007 AWD with no tech issues....only thing I started to dislike was the fuel economy as gas prices rose.