2013 Ford Fusion Delivered! The Beginning. *Confirmed*

-Strike-

They all look boring to me...but that's just my opinion like Motortrends #2 and #1 spot choices are theirs. The Fusion looks great inside and out and has offerings none of those cars even come close to..but I understand that this is the midsize segment and people will like or even love what they've always been used to and they've always been used to the quality and standards set by Honda and Toyota, etc. That is why the Fusion is such a "game changer" for the segment...and with some people still caught up in Fords old reputation of not being reliable past 65K, 100K, 140K miles or whatever people decide to make up they are kinda like the Microsoft of cars and have to "earn back" their reputation from others...or at least make enough presence to make people decide to give them a try AND MOST IMPORTANTLY MAKE THEM IMPRESSED ENOUGH TO LIVE BY FORD due to their experience with them... All I know is my 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid is my first car and I had no problem choosing this car or this brand because it offered everything I wanted..and then some...and everything I wanted was "the best car I could get for under $30-40K". I'm happy with my choice and i feel i chose wisely and correctly..but that's me and I'm sure the view shared by anyone else who loves this car, has ordered it, or can't wait until they own one....and will be the view of many more to come as long as Ford stands by their "new face" which is quality, reliability, and top-notch offerings you won't find if you choose anyone else.

Oh...and as on a side note... I am envious of the Europeans...the 2013 Ford Mondeo (their Fusion) is a much superior car and I hate how Europeans still get "some" things better than us Americans lol..I mean COME ON...beautiful Dynamic LED Headlights that change direction based on the steering wheel and actually lighten and darken based on the distance you are from a car in front of you or the light source...talk about awesome...PLUS they get a fully retractable panoramic front/back moonroof that slides back...huge glass sheet....this is a first in the midsized segment EVER ..too bad its not in America....AND finally while we get Active Park Assist they get Advanced Active Park Assist (another first in the midsized segment offered by Ford and its going to debut on the 2013 Mondeo not the 2013 Fusion imagine that).... I guess they are waiting longer for their "Fusion" over there as it comes in 2013 for them but if I were them I would be happily awaiting it as I did ordering my 2013 Fusion Hybrid because it's going to be one sweet car....we can only hope those advanced features trickle down to the Fusion in the future and continue to make this car top of the line and Ford will definitely be on top with this winner... Keep the technology coming Ford and you'll keep enthusiasts like me happy for years to come. Look out Camry...the future is fusion.

post-47817-0-35564600-1349133659_thumb.jpg

post-47817-0-79118700-1349133663_thumb.jpg

post-47817-0-88429800-1349133667_thumb.jpg

post-47817-0-78451200-1349133671_thumb.jpg

post-47817-0-45088400-1349133676_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarkeRetribution

I am envious of the Europeans...the 2013 Ford Mondeo (their Fusion) is a much superior car and I hate how Europeans still get "some" things better than us Americans lol..I mean COME ON...beautiful Dynamic LED Headlights that change direction based on the steering wheel and actually lighten and darken based on the distance you are from a car in front of you or the light source...talk about awesome...PLUS they get a fully retractable panoramic front/back moonroof that slides back...huge glass sheet....this is a first in the midsized segment EVER ..too bad its not in America...

It will be in America - it's called the 2013 Lincoln MKZ. The Mondeo is priced closer to the MKZ not the Fusion therefore it has more upscale features.

EEEEK, that Accord just looks homely.

But still quite handsome. Among the contenders in the Motor Trend comparison test lmp180psu referenced, IMO one entry is quite the looker (Fusion), three evince more subdued but nonetheless elegant styling (Accord, Altima, Passat), one is completely unmemorable stylistically (Camry), and one evokes the question "what were the designers thinking?" (Malibu).

It will be in America - it's called the 2013 Lincoln MKZ. The Mondeo is priced closer to the MKZ not the Fusion therefore it has more upscale features.

Unfortunate because the Fusion has all the looks to me...the inside of the MKZ is more of a grandfathered 2013 ford fusion...but the fusion is young and wild and deliciously immature...all the looks none of the sophistication of its "parent" but its definitely no child...thats the focus and fiesta which wishes it was as stylish and elegant as Daddy Fusion haha....but yeah you're right....i guess the MKZ has those features..but im not gettinga lincoln unless it has a radical facial uplift as sporty as a fusion ..but that will never happen..the lincolns target audience isnt exactly the same as the fusion. The fusion being an all-around good car for young and old...the lincoln being for more refined tastes who find elegance in the simplier, finer things like bi-xenon headlights or that panorama roof it has...

that said! i would skip on all the new features of the mondeo the fusion lacks IF the fusion offered those sexy mondeo lights which are just freaking HOT..look like lazer beams ready to cut through something lol...the mondeo still has features the fusion and mkz doesnt have but the fusion and mkz will get them sooner or later and in 8+ years when im ready to buy another new car we'll see where the Fusion and the rest of the world will be by then...for now my new 2013 fusion hybrid is my first car ever...and the only car i'll be owning any time soon (unless the powers that be, or negligent drivers in california have anything to say about it)

But still quite handsome. Among the contenders in the Motor Trend comparison test lmp180psu referenced, IMO one entry is quite the looker (Fusion), three evince more subdued but nonetheless elegant styling (Accord, Altima, Passat), one is completely unmemorable stylistically (Camry), and one evokes the question "what were the designers thinking?" (Malibu).

Agreed, What were they thinking? Those square lights are anything but attractive or stunning...that design wont last long for the next redesign..those squares completely break the back from flowing together. you might as well sell square malibu lights as an option you can velcro anywhere on the back of the car to make your own design. maybe that will turn heads more than the standard look currently does...i have yet to see a 2013 malibu anywhere...and i bet 2013 ford fusions will begin popping up all over...ill be the first in my city to own one, i was the first to order one..and being how expensive it is to get a new car, yet i am paying in cash i know ill be one of the only ones on the street in Bakersfield, CA for a while lol...see plenty of old fusions though lol...imma take pride in being alone on the road AND Standing out whatever parking lot i go into for a while...BRAGGING RIGHTS.

• Like 1

Just received our 1st 2013 Fusion at Bob Thomas Ford (CT) this morning... a 2013 Fusion S model in Ingot Silver which doesn't do the car justice. In person, the 2013 Fusion is very sleek and distinctive with an almost fastback look. And the trunk is enormous! This car is going to be an enormous sales success for Ford!!!

• Like 2

Just received our 1st 2013 Fusion at Bob Thomas Ford (CT) this morning... a 2013 Fusion S model in Ingot Silver which doesn't do the car justice. In person, the 2013 Fusion is very sleek and distinctive with an almost fastback look. And the trunk is enormous! This car is going to be an enormous sales success for Ford!!!

Awesome! I agree. The average person knows nothing about the new Fusion. When I told my family I was buying one they thought it was the Focus. I think the success for Ford is going to come when people start driving next to Fusions on the road and thinking "wow! what was that?"

• Like 2

Awesome! I agree. The average person knows nothing about the new Fusion. When I told my family I was buying one they thought it was the Focus. I think the success for Ford is going to come when people start driving next to Fusions on the road and thinking "wow! what was that?"

Yup...because the average car buyer doesn't do their homework or enough research..most of what the average buyer knows comes from past personal experiences (whether from driving in cars with friends and family, owning particular vehicles in the past or driving some, or biases from people in their lives) or what they like from the media or see that interests them... people in forums like these seem to be more intelligent buyers than the average buyer...that is browsing forums, viewing professional and actual buyer reviews, noting specifications across trims, measuring the car up against its competition to make sure its really worth the new car purchase, etc.

When people ask, Why did you buy a Fusion or, more stereotypically, Why did you buy a Ford? I can answer confidently that I bought this car because it was the best car out there for my needs and in my own humble opinion, one of the best cars in its class... Trust me... I did my homework.

My dealer just got their first one yesterday. An SE 1.6 with all the bells and whistles but the standard wheels and tires. That Bordeaux red with tan and black interior. The interior is impressive!!! I love the two-tone scheme, the darker colors being where they should be (carpeting, bottom of the doors, steering wheel, instrument panel etc.) The outside was terrible, the small wheels and the color just turned me completely off. They have a full-loaded Ruby Red Titanium AWD coming in any time now so i'll be on the lookout for that one....i'm sure that one will do it for me!

It's a really deep and wide trunk, but not very tall. I have doubts that I could fit my old-school (metal) Coleman cooler in it. If it did fit, it would most likely be brushing the top of the trunk. Also, the opening is pretty shallow too. The trunk lid is all of maybe 1.5ft deep and maybe 2ft tall. That could just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but getting stuff in and out of the back of the trunk (by the seats), especially if it were heavy or otherwise cumbersome, would definitely be a royal pain in the arse. You'd almost have to climb in there to get it out, or go in through the passenger compartment. Perfect case for bringing the wagon over. :D

Just got out first one where I work. SE w/2.5. Was talking to the truck driver a little and he said when he was at one of the other dealers he was taking it off the truck and a salesman brought a customer around to look at it. The guy looked at it for a minute or two and said, "I'll take it."

• Like 1

Nice, good to hear these are still rolling out, there's a ton of these popping up all over, across the US. None in Canada yet as far as I can tell. Appears to be a lot of S and SE's, very little Titaniums out yet. Looks like I will be waiting till atleast Nov to get my car, as I don't have VIN yet. Running out of time, I'm currently driving my Nissan 300ZX for the summer, and it'll be snowing here in no time, so the car will have to be put away. And I didn't want to put many more miles on my trade-in.

Was kind of hoping to have the car delivered while the weather was still nice, so I could enjoy it in some warm sun for a while, but looks like now I'll have to wait until the thaw in the spring to get to really enjoy the car, since it'll probably be frozen solid for the next 7 months lol.

Nice, good to hear these are still rolling out, there's a ton of these popping up all over, across the US. None in Canada yet as far as I can tell. Appears to be a lot of S and SE's, very little Titaniums out yet. Looks like I will be waiting till atleast Nov to get my car, as I don't have VIN yet. Running out of time, I'm currently driving my Nissan 300ZX for the summer, and it'll be snowing here in no time, so the car will have to be put away. And I didn't want to put many more miles on my trade-in.

Was kind of hoping to have the car delivered while the weather was still nice, so I could enjoy it in some warm sun for a while, but looks like now I'll have to wait until the thaw in the spring to get to really enjoy the car, since it'll probably be frozen solid for the next 7 months lol.

So you think Titanium's are low on the priority list??

And it sounds like you need to move south!

I'm thinking they've been pumping out the SE's because Ford believes they will be the volume hitter to get the sales moving

If they're pumping out SEs it's because that's what the dealers are ordering which makes sense. Remember - Ford doesn't dictate which models the dealers buy - the dealers do. At least up to a point where Ford has to restrict certain options.

How does distribution work anyway? Do the first orders get built first or is it just a crapshoot? The reason why I am asking is because I ordered in August and I still don't have a scheduled build date yet. I wonder when the ones that are being delivered right now were ordered.