Lincoln Incentives: 6-month early lease termination for MKZ and Mercury Owners

My dealerships are telling me that Ford is offering early lease termination for MKZ and Mercury customers. I thought this was interesting because of the delayed launch of the new MKZ which has left Lincoln dealerships without anything to sell.

My dealerships are telling me that Ford is offering early lease termination for MKZ and Mercury customers. I thought this was interesting because of the delayed launch of the new MKZ which has left Lincoln dealerships without anything to sell.

An interesting move obviously designed to kick start sales with existing Lincoln owners....

I wonder what deals and leasing plans Lincoln will do to attract first time Lincoln buyers, those conquest sales are essential to growing the brand..

An interesting move obviously designed to kick start sales with existing Lincoln owners....

I wonder what deals and leasing plans Lincoln will do to attract first time Lincoln buyers, those conquest sales are essential to growing the brand..

Or for those of us that have a 10 year old Lincoln we bought new!

Or for those of us that have a 10 year old Lincoln we bought new!

Yes it's way past time for Lincoln to start attracting back all those lapsed Lincoln buyers

who just need a little encouragement and good incentives to rekindle that Lincoln Experience..

Yes it's way past time for Lincoln to start attracting back all those lapsed Lincoln buyers

who just need a little encouragement and good incentives to rekindle that Lincoln Experience..

Yea your probably right! That doesn't stop a dedicated fan of the Blue Oval such as myself from hoping though :)

Yea your probably right! That doesn't stop a dedicated fan of the Blue Oval such as myself from hoping though :)

Without derailing thread, you just know that if Ford wanted to do an ATS fighter then a 4-door coupe

with IRS on Mustang platform would get the job done at a fraction of the cost GM spent on Alpha.

In time, I hope Lincoln is able to expand MKZ range with maybe a coupe or sportswagon a la CTS

but gee, the 2013 MKZ looks like a beautiful, well coordinated effort, a lot of people will just love it...

Edited by jpd80

Without derailing thread, you just know that if Ford wanted to do an ATS fighter then a 4-door coupe

with IRS on Mustang platform would get the job done at a fraction of the cost GM spent on Alpha.

In time, I hope Lincoln is able to expand MKZ range with maybe a coupe or sportswagon a la CTS

but gee, the 2013 MKZ looks like a beautiful, well coordinated effort, a lot of people will just love it...

You can't slap together a BMW, sorry.

I sure hope not. Lincoln doesn't need an "ATS fighter", or a 3-series fighter either. You may be in thrall, but the market isn't — the 3-series is in trouble from the resurgent M-B C-class, which has really taken off in the last 12 months. IIRC, 3-series sales are down some 30% and C-class sales are up 30%, or so.

Lincoln has to establish its place by offering a unique blend of luxury, style and design. Joining the 3-series, C-class and A4/5 and all their variants along with the ATS and Infiniti and Lexus is more same-old, same-old marketing headspace that won't cut it, anymore. It's not an easy challenge, trying to build something that isn't just Lincoln's effort to build a German luxury car, like the ATS. :)

You can't slap together a BMW, sorry.

I have seen BMWs built in South Africa...and yes you can.

On topic,

With Lincoln now effectively having its own financing wing, maybe that gives it the freedom to do some more creative leasing packages

including service and parts costs that would attract the likes of Luxury car buyers sick of being gouged on services and parts....

Edited by jpd80

I sure hope not. Lincoln doesn't need an "ATS fighter", or a 3-series fighter either. You may be in thrall, but the market isn't — the 3-series is in trouble from the resurgent M-B C-class, which has really taken off in the last 12 months. IIRC, 3-series sales are down some 30% and C-class sales are up 30%, or so.

Lincoln has to establish its place by offering a unique blend of luxury, style and design. Joining the 3-series, C-class and A4/5 and all their variants along with the ATS and Infiniti and Lexus is more same-old, same-old marketing headspace that won't cut it, anymore. It's not an easy challenge, trying to build something that isn't just Lincoln's effort to build a German luxury car, like the ATS. :)

Well, the new model did just come out, while the new C has been out for a while. Doesn't help that the new 3 is ugly (at least the headlights).

Ed, the premise was that IF Ford want to build such a vehicle, then they would do it far more efficiently than GM

and the example given was merely to show how that could be done on an existing platform...nothing more.

And that is why I didn't want that example derailing this thread...

Hence, my return to topic and comment on expanding MKZ range.. :)

No intention of that but Lincoln can do several thing at one time, so it's not really an either/or situation. I am impressed with MKZ hybrid take rate last month

just under 900 hybrids out of around 2500 sales says to me which path Lincoln should be taking, particularly when not many others can follow..

IMO, Lincoln's future lies with larger vehicles and Utilities possibly linked to hybrid tech that can command superior prices and higher ROI.

Edited by jpd80

• 1 month later...

It was said earlier here that dealers are saying there are incentives for early lease returns on the MKZ. Any idea what they are? My lease is up in early April and I'm waiting for the 2013 MKZ. I've also been told I can't buy (and then sell) this car in the last 150 days of the lease (which happens to start tomorrow).

It was said earlier here that dealers are saying there are incentives for early lease returns on the MKZ. Any idea what they are? My lease is up in early April and I'm waiting for the 2013 MKZ. I've also been told I can't buy (and then sell) this car in the last 150 days of the lease (which happens to start tomorrow).

There will be an "early bird" lease return - Lincoln will waive 3 payments. Hopefully you can be in a new MKZ in January.

The other challenge is that, if you introduce a car that is directly targeted at the 3-Series, and then reviews still place the 3-Series ahead of your new offering, most people will simply...buy the 3-Series.

That's not saying that the Cadillac ATS is a bad car - it most certainly isn't. But most people will stick with the familiar entry if the new entry really isn't superior.

The new MKZ has a very distinctive look, and obviously isn't a BMW 3-Series wannabee, which has me interested.

Ha ha ha!! Now that is funny! :)

LOL.................. yep, that is a good one, and very true. When the only reason someone can say they want something, is because it is what it is..................... oh boy.

"Why do you want a 3-series??"

"Because it is a 3-series."

It is time to go shoot yourself. LOL

Thanks aneekr for the link on the article. Unfortunately for Lincoln (and for me), letting me terminate my lease early isn't going to make me any younger. All info on the lease waiver speaks to clearing the 2012s. Not interested in that one. And I prepaid my lease but I'd like to be in the 2013 before the end of the year, or at least see it and be able to order. Sales tax is going up here from .775% to .850% after the first of the year. That will increase the cost by about $341.

...And that is why I didn't want that example derailing this thread...

Hence, my return to topic and comment on expanding MKZ range.. :)

...I am impressed with MKZ hybrid take rate last month just under 900 hybrids out of around 2500 sales says to me which path Lincoln should be taking, particularly when not many others can follow...

IMO, Lincoln's future lies with larger vehicles and Utilities possibly linked to hybrid tech that can command superior prices and higher ROI.

• that's like thinking it makes a difference after telling someone a secret,

if you ask them not to tell anyone

:D :hilarious:

**((can I now post links to my (L)S550 chops?))

• I agree wholeheartedly about electrifying most/every Lincoln model...

...but think Ford's "best in every (profitable) segment"** is better for Lincoln than "bigger is better"

((imho the Aviator & nextgen Navi will bracket the dying MKT in size & price and way out-do it in capabilities & style(duh)))

** y'all know what the highest-volume Lux segment is right?

the one FLincMoCo *said* Lincoln will target

• 2 years later...

I just priced a 2 yr lease comparison between a Taurus and MKZ. Wow....not much difference (less than $900). I have a pre paid lease that has 8 months to go. Crap....I doubt the Lincoln dealer can do anything without me losing $$$. Any thoughts!

Edited by bdegrand

With Continental name coming back, wonder if MKZ will go back to Zephyr?

My hope is that Lincoln finds a way to do three or four good cars,

Continental, MKZ(Zephyr), MKR (Capri ~Mustang) and MKF (LWB Tracer)

Edited by jpd80