Lincoln near term projects/features

8 Speed auto

other trannies in pipeline

mkc

nano ecoboost

mkz high performance edition?

other engine tech

I don't have any new info, dds010, but I'd sure like to (also) see Lincoln do something (more) with hybrids...

...1st step, the MKC!!

Edited by 2b2

@Hugh yes I saw the post in the other thread. But I vaguely remember seeing news about Lincoln getting the 8 speed tranny n tht had nothing to do with the tranny tht they are developing with GM which I think is suppose to be a 9 or 10 speed if I'm not mistaken. Also I know there Is suppose to be four news cars coming but I thought we would also be Herring about more new tech and features other than the glass panel roofs. I thought the nanos would be coming to the mkz n others but now it seems as if they are a ways off. It would greatly benefit the z if they gave it class leading power, I'm talking 340-350 HP, just because it not really a rwd competitor doesn't mean they shouldn't give nuthn the power to beat all ina straight line. Also think the should nix the eb as the base engine n make the 3.7 the base with a step engine being a 3.7 with higher output or the 3.5 eb, as it would make it stand out from the pack more

Seems as though Edmunds ( even though their article was 99% BS) agrees with me on making the 3.7 standard in the mkz, while having a 3.5 lebron otmr nano (call it something else for Lincoln) as step-up motors. Having the fastest times in the segment can prove vital

Seems as though Edmunds ( even though their article was 99% BS) agrees with me on making the 3.7 standard in the mkz, while having a 3.5 lebron otmr nano (call it something else for Lincoln) as step-up motors. Having the fastest times in the segment can prove vital

Having the fastest times in anything should be amongst the least of Lincoln's worries right now. Competitive is fine. And the 3.7 is quite competitive in its class.

So we can just take all the vehicles and rank them by 0-60 times and that will accurately predict sales and profits? I bet the 2.0L EB and hybrid outsell the 3.7L by a large margin.

Having the fastest times in anything should be amongst the least of Lincoln's worries right now. Competitive is fine. And the 3.7 is quite

competitive in its class.

Obviously Lincoln needs to do something that is a bit outside the norm, and since budget constraints don't allow them to do much in the way of platforms, then implement things they can control such as making a 300 horse BASE engine with a 340/340 hp torque mill as the step up. Because will the 3.7 is competitive in terms of power, its also being saddled around with lots of weight, ESP in awe guise with

Which is why its acceleration times are only so so. Give the z the nano n lebron, n a more sport oriented edition n that would give it a a

slightly different and better approach without taking hardly any $

Obviously Lincoln needs to do something that is a bit outside the norm, and since budget constraints don't allow them to do much in the way of platforms, then implement things they can control such as making a 300 horse BASE engine with a 340/340 hp torque mill as the step up. Because will the 3.7 is competitive in terms of power, its also being saddled around with lots of weight, ESP in awe guise with

Which is why its acceleration times are only so so. Give the z the nano n lebron, n a more sport oriented edition n that would give it a a

slightly different and better approach without taking hardly any $

A lot of customers won't want the fuel economy penalty of having a 300 horsepower base engine and not all of them would opt for a hybrid instead. With the 2.0 EB already being offered in the Fusion, why not offer it in the MKZ? The power is there in the 3.7 for customers who want it. Frankly, there likely just aren't a whole lot of buyers out there who would be interested in anything more than that in a car like the MKZ. There are no "hot rod" models of Lexus ES or Buick Lacrosse either. They just aren't those kind of cars.

And anyone who thinks that the base eb in the mkz isn't going to be a noisy mill (which WILL be a knock on it as its competing with the es, a very silent car) while being saddled with the vast weight of the mkz is delusional

Citation needed for the interior decibel levels of the 2.0 EB in the MKZ. I don't recall noise being a complaint about the 2.0 EB in the Fusion. I can't see it being of any great liability to the MKZ that utilizes even more sound deadening. Isn't active noise cancellation also available/standard as well?

And where is this "vast weight" thing coming from? The MKZ is heavier than the Fusion, but it's not a freaking Panther for crying out loud.

Edited by NickF1011

Out of the four or five reviews I've seen on the mkz, at least two of them have said the base lebron is noisy under throttle. And yes there is no hot rod es in existinence but the mkz is tryn to steal sales away from the es n offering a upgrade eb is one thing they can do different

Out of the four or five reviews I've seen on the mkz, at least two of them have said the base lebron is noisy under throttle. And yes there is no hot rod es in existinence but the mkz is tryn to steal sales away from the es n offering a upgrade eb is one thing they can do different

What you need to understand is just how much quieter the new CD4 body actually is, that's the difference here and because everything else is much quieter,

you can hear the engine under load but unlike competitor vehicles, you dont have to raise your voice to be heard.

Try to understand the needs of the Lincoln buyer demographic that Ford is going after by offering 2.0 EB and hybrid as entry level models,

quite clearly, Ford/Lincoln sees the priorities of potential buyers being completely different to those who are shopping for BMW / Cadillac..

Edited by jpd80

And the fusion Itself is already portly and overweight so the Mkz which will surely be 200-400lbs MORE is surely overweight also. Plus I'm giving it a 50% chance that the 3.7 will become available in the fusion. AND while eb's do offer good fuel economy, they can however guzzler when the pedal is being pressed heavily and knowingly that females are a major part of the demographic n seeing as how the drive with a heavy foot, giving them an option with an engine that's not always spoiling up its boost will be vital, and once the fusion gets the 3.7, the mkz will have NO unique engines

And the fusion Itself is already portly and overweight so the Mkz which will surely be 200-400lbs MORE is surely overweight also. Plus I'm giving it a 50% chance that the 3.7 will become available in the fusion. AND while eb's do offer good fuel economy, they can however guzzler when the pedal is being pressed heavily and knowingly that females are a major part of the demographic n seeing as how the drive with a heavy foot, giving them an option with an engine that's not always spoiling up its boost will be vital, and once the fusion gets the 3.7, the mkz will have NO unique engines

I truly believe there will be a powerplant that comes in North of the 3.7 for the 14' MY! I'm buying the 3.7 AWD and that's okay, I have the GT500 for those days I want to get after it!

. AND while eb's do offer good fuel economy, they can however guzzler when the pedal is being pressed heavily and knowingly that females are a major part of the demographic n seeing as how the drive with a heavy foot, giving them an option with an engine that's not always spoiling up its boost will be vital, and once the fusion gets the 3.7, the mkz will have NO unique engines

I disagree, buying trends in the past few yeas says you're wrong and Ford will avoid V6 like the plague in Fusion,

the take rate is not expected to be that hig in MKZ either, hence the premium for the engine...

By early 2015, Ford will be introducing next generation 2.3 Ecoboost variable architecture (meaning a family of engines in different sizes)

Ford is pressing ahead with the increased emphasis on Ecoboost with goals of 25% economy improvement over the current V6,

all of it being forced upon Ford to stay ahead of tightening CAFE limits, the days of larger capacity V6 engines in sedans is ending.

Edited by jpd80

Citation needed for the interior decibel levels of the 2.0 EB in the MKZ. I don't recall noise being a complaint about the 2.0 EB in the Fusion. I can't see it being of any great liability to the MKZ that utilizes even more sound deadening. Isn't active noise cancellation also available/standard as well?

And where is this "vast weight" thing coming from? The MKZ is heavier than the Fusion, but it's not a freaking Panther for crying out loud.

The heaviest Fusion is about 3600 pounds and heaviest MKZ with V6 and AWD with glass top is 4100 pounds. That makes for one, heavy midsizer. I would imagine V6 FWD only MKZ without retractable top would be 300 pounds lighter and shave about half a second off of 0-60 time plus increase fuel mileage significantly.

And anyone who thinks that the base eb in the mkz isn't going to be a noisy mill (which WILL be a knock on it as its competing with the es, a very silent car) while being saddled with the vast weight of the mkz is delusional

you may need to contact Audi and echo those sentiments...