Ford & Lincoln at NAIAS 2013

I don't think anybody could care less about the Transit, they've talked enough about the vans already. They are for commercial customers only. Ford has to do something to grab attention, especially with the Corvette debuting at this show. I would say a Mustang concept seems like a good idea.

I don't think anybody could care less about the Transit, they've talked enough about the vans already. They are for commercial customers only. Ford has to do something to grab attention, especially with the Corvette debuting at this show. I would say a Mustang concept seems like a good idea.

I disagree. With the Vette debuting, anything that Ford does will get relegated to "didn't even notice" status.

This is why you are seeing the MKC already. Lincoln has a very early press day, so they can get theirs in, before the Vette frenzy.

One of the criticisms Max Wolff has regarding Cadillac was that he felt the styling had become too generic,

so you can rest assured that the new Lincolns won't become clones of each other..

I agree with him - it's been the same look for what over a decade now? Sure, it becomes more refined with each iteration, but you know what every new model will look like before it's out - just a slightly rescaled vertical head and taillights with a wreath and crest grille.

So since we saw the MKC what is Ford going to show off? Just the NA verisons of the Transit? No other trim changes (I'm looking at you, Fusion ST!)

F-150 concept apparently - Fusion ST would be a good idea!

No.

But F150 concept?

I disagree. With the Vette debuting, anything that Ford does will get relegated to "didn't even notice" status.

Between AutoWeek and Automotive News newsletters, I've gotten four or five e-mails about the Corvette already. I wish it'd stop--I don't even like the damned things...

• Like 1